Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
^agreed

Even however many months in now, I still despise the new booking engine. Such a step backwards...
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, NZ Elite
Car rental bookings with airpoints

Anyone else tried booked a rental car with airpoints on the Air NZ site? (https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/book-cars?apd=1) - every search comes back with a "website not found error" when it's for an Ozzie location?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Big Puku
Anyone else tried booked a rental car with airpoints on the Air NZ site? (https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/book-cars?apd=1) - every search comes back with a "website not found error" when it's for an Ozzie location?
Nope, not getting that message for Sydney.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:27 pm

Strange - it works ok for NZ bookings for me, but not Ozzie - although it does work if I don't select the "pay with airpoints" box :/
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Big Puku
Strange - it works ok for NZ bookings for me, but not Ozzie - although it does work if I don't select the "pay with airpoints" box :/
I've recalled a few threads over the years either here on FT or elsewhere where there have never been hotel options available in some places if you select pay with APD.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:53 am

Scratch that. You are all correct. It's not working for AU but only if you select the "Pay with Airpoints" option. I suspect that it is closely related to what sbiddle said.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Yeah I've sent them an email and might give them a call. Only seems to fail if you put AU and Airpoints, and it doesn't matter what dates you put in.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:53 pm

So basically the error message "Website Temporarily Unavailable" means they have no cars available

Supposedly Budget/Avis only offer a few cars & dates for Airpoints rentals - NONE it seems for Australia.

Not sure why Air NZ promote the fact that you can use your airpoints for car rentals in "NZ, Australia and at participating international locations" - when it seems you can only ever book for NZ?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
I had no trouble a year ago doing an Avis rental in Hobart using airpoints at short notice too.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Hi all,

I am looking at booking Auckland - Kerikeri - Blenheim - Queenstown - Christchurch, in Jan '18. When looking at the UK site, the total for 2 with a bag each is coming up at almost £1200 GBP. When I block the location, the price in NZD is $1,152, almost half! Can I book this using a UK registered CC?

Many thanks,

CTD
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Hi all,

I am looking at booking Auckland - Kerikeri - Blenheim - Queenstown - Christchurch, in Jan '18. When looking at the UK site, the total for 2 with a bag each is coming up at almost £1200 GBP. When I block the location, the price in NZD is $1,152, almost half! Can I book this using a UK registered CC?

Many thanks,

CTD
Yes. Pricing differs since Air NZ don't sell roughly 50% of their fare classes on intl websites since they can't be booked in conjunction with international fares. If you get in early and get a cheaper fare class then you'll save money.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I thought NZ had fixed their multi-city tool, but it's still giving me grief....I'm trying to do PMR-HNL-ZQN with the current sale, but instead of quoting ~$1050 p.p, it's significantly more and no option to select the onboard product I want....does the call centre still waive the fee for issues like this if booking via them?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

You've never been able to select the fare basis or S2S product type on the multistep tool - it always defaults to The Works because there are a number of complications if it didn't particularly with domestic connections.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Does anyone else have trouble editing Giftees to his or her airpoints account? If I go to Gifting Register, the Koru logo just flips constantly as if it is loading. It doesn't matter what browser I use (Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and it's a Macbook running High Sierra.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
More a curiosity: Booked AKL-MSY via LAX on NZ and paid to upgrade the UA flights LAX-IAH-MSY and back a week ago to First, did seat select etc, but the NZ site still lists those flights as being in Economy with the original seat selection. I'm sure it will be fine, but it is strange that it hasn't refreshed (it did when i did seat select in the first place through the United site)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.