Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-RAR starts July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
Porkie ?

English origins of the cultural background of Pakeha New Zealand, coming out here.
It is rhyming slang, "Porkie Pies" is "lies" shortened even further to "porkies".
And pork pies were a well known British food....you would not know it if you saw them. (non meat eater here)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Just look at departures ex SYD for today (Sunday) and the SYD AKL is not appearing.

I realise it was only a trial but has it been dropped or not?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, NZ Silver, A Club Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MrSydney
Just look at departures ex SYD for today (Sunday) and the SYD AKL is not appearing.

I realise it was only a trial but has it been dropped or not?
I guess you mean SYD/RAR ... it was indeed a trial period over the peak winter season with the last flight departing SYD 24 Oct 10.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by deconz
I guess you mean SYD/RAR ... it was indeed a trial period over the peak winter season with the last flight departing SYD 24 Oct 10.
Just got back from 3 weeks in RAR. Yes, trial has finished, but Tourism are upbeat about the trial in that it was well patronised. They are hopeful it will be repeated in next peak season but it could be a tourism beat-up - they have a new Aussie Head of Tourism.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:02 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
Does anybody know if NZ is going to offer this again this coming July.

I currently have a *A business reward YYZ-LAX-RAR-AKL-SYD-YYZ. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the overnight connection between RAR-AKL-SYD.

Thanks

FB
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by FB_
Does anybody know if NZ is going to offer this again this coming July.

I currently have a *A business reward YYZ-LAX-RAR-AKL-SYD-YYZ. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the overnight connection between RAR-AKL-SYD.

Thanks

FB
Don't know for sure, but suspect it will happen. Have you tried searching for flights? It's certainly possible up to October next year. Looking at the AKL/RAR flights I suspect there might be one to to SYD as there's only one 777 flight shown weekly and on different days. So if it arrives from AKL it must go somewhere if it's not going back to AKL. And the SYD/RAR flights this year didn't return to SYD which makes me more sure that you may be in luck.

So just a thought have a look and let us know what you find.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:07 am
FB_

I tried that and it only shows flights through AKL.

I also phoned the Canadian 1-800 number and the lady I spoke to said she was not aware of any plans to offer that again.

I currently have NZ45 17:30 - 20:00 (772) and NZ101 7:00am - 8:30am (763) both in Business.

I guess that's that. I will keep an eye out for it although I'm sure once/if announced it may be tought to get a *A business rewards seats (Depending on plane of course)

FB
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by FB_
I tried that and it only shows flights through AKL.

I also phoned the Canadian 1-800 number and the lady I spoke to said she was not aware of any plans to offer that again.

I currently have NZ45 17:30 - 20:00 (772) and NZ101 7:00am - 8:30am (763) both in Business.

I guess that's that. I will keep an eye out for it although I'm sure once/if announced it may be tought to get a *A business rewards seats (Depending on plane of course)

FB
I keep an eye on the CI papers and I'm sure it will be publicised if the flights restart. If I see anything will post on here again.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:53 pm

jimyvr reports a resumption for next year:

Air New Zealand to operate Sydney Rarotonga service again in 2011
http://airlineroute.net/2010/12/23/nz-sydrar-s11/
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:54 pm
FB_

Originally Posted by jjclancy
jimyvr reports a resumption for next year:

Air New Zealand to operate Sydney – Rarotonga service again in 2011
http://airlineroute.net/2010/12/23/nz-sydrar-s11/
Thanks...Now I wonder if I can get any reward availability on it.

EDIT:::: Got 2 business reward seats on NZ61 - RAR - SYD.

FB

Last edited by FB_; Dec 28, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.