Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:22 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jfck
I was coming here to ask exactly the same thing! With the calendar available once again, I've tried to find a date for the next year and I couldn't find a SINGLE date that would have availability for a one way.
I've checked on KLM, airfrance.ca .us .fr.... and they all have nothing. Did they completely remove inventory for flying blue? I can see space on DL.com just fine.
I thought it was just me. There are so many blogs on booking with FB. Citi is running the 30% FB bonus. I'm thinking of xfering to FB. But what FB is good for now? I have no plan to travel to Europe right now. Seems should xfer to Singapore airline to book on United.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by glennhaak
The monthly view for award calendars is back at the KLM website
Based on my experience for about a week now, the calendar view has still quite some issues... It works well for some partners (AM for instance) but when looking at DL flights, they do not show up on the calendar view, those would be visible only if you search by day only (at least for business class award tickets). Overall, I found that the prices have dramatically increased, despite whatever bravo Sierra their marketing department is claiming. Also, I am not sure their promise to be able to book any available seat is respected, I tried to make a search last week for a last minute trip on AF/KL, but no award availability showed up, although some revenue tickets were still available... Very disappointing enhancement overall.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Trying to book a flight on MU with FB. DL and ExpertFlyer shows all the direct flights between my city pair to have award inventory... but FB only shows me one-stop connections on CZ.

Is there a reason for this -- would a phone agent be able to pull up the direct flight on MU?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by swgsword
Trying to book a flight on MU with FB. DL and ExpertFlyer shows all the direct flights between my city pair to have award inventory... but FB only shows me one-stop connections on CZ.

Is there a reason for this -- would a phone agent be able to pull up the direct flight on MU?
As we have explained a million times here, it's not because you see availability with SkyPesos that there is availability with FB on the same flight. There is certainly no risk to give a ring to FB to check availability and the route/flight you wish.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by Goldorak
As we have explained a million times here, it's not because you see availability with SkyPesos that there is availability with FB on the same flight. There is certainly no risk to give a ring to FB to check availability and the route/flight you wish.
FB agent pushed back at first regarding your first point. After insistence from my end, he checked for inventory "directly with MU" and was able to process this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by swgsword
FB agent pushed back at first regarding your first point. After insistence from my end, he checked for inventory "directly with MU" and was able to process this.
very good ^
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: BA
Don't really understand how Promo Awards work. Trying to book to/from JFK-ORY in economy in October... this month it is supposed to be 11,000 miles each way (50% off), but can't find anything less than 22k miles. Do I need to use a special code or link to book Promo Awards?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wiivile
Don't really understand how Promo Awards work. Trying to book to/from JFK-ORY in economy in October... this month it is supposed to be 11,000 miles each way (50% off), but can't find anything less than 22k miles. Do I need to use a special code or link to book Promo Awards?
There is no special link needed. I looked at the offer on this route and the booking period ends tonight. So it is very likely that all seats at the promo price have already been sold. Only a small number of seats are on proposed at the Promo awards "price".
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:24 pm

I changed an economy award online and it now shows booking class R - and the original fare as $300. Does this mean it re-booked it into a revenue fare class?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:38 pm

A few questions about booking in the new FB program. I can't seem to find these answers anywhere.

1. If you call and need to book a multi-stop itinerary with FB, are you at the mercy of what their computer/phone agent will generate? Can you piece together an itinerary with a different routing that is all separately available on FB's web site, or will they price this as different tickets?

2. What are the connection rules for international flights? <24 hours like everyone else?

3. Is there phantom availability for AF flights on their own web site? I called recently about a flight and while the agent initially said it was available for the same price as listed on the web site, they then said when they clicked through it was not available at any price.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
A few questions about booking in the new FB program. I can't seem to find these answers anywhere.
1. If you call and need to book a multi-stop itinerary with FB, are you at the mercy of what their computer/phone agent will generate? Can you piece together an itinerary with a different routing that is all separately available on FB's web site, or will they price this as different tickets?
No stop-overs allowed on award tickets, so you'll have to get a bunch of separate tickets
2. What are the connection rules for international flights? <24 hours like everyone else?
layovers are allowed
3. Is there phantom availability for AF flights on their own web site? I called recently about a flight and while the agent initially said it was available for the same price as listed on the web site, they then said when they clicked through it was not available at any price.
That's fairly rare, but not impossible, if you see it on the website why not just book it from there?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
layovers are allowed
Thanks. Will agents do a manual itinerary or are they at the mercy of the computer system that generates the same results as the web site?

Originally Posted by Ditto

That's fairly rare, but not impossible, if you see it on the website why not just book it from there?

I'm transferring miles into the program. I don't want to transfer them only to find out the flights showing as available actually were not.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:54 am

Thanks. Will agents do a manual itinerary or are they at the mercy of the computer system that generates the same results as the web site?.
What did you have in mind? Just a longer layover than suggested at the website would normally be fine, if you're looking for different routing etc. you might be out of luck.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:14 am

I want to fly SAT-ATL-IAD-CDG. If I put SAT-CDG into the web site, the only option is a routing through DTW. Agents are saying I would need to book separate SAT-IAD then IAD-CDG tickets.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:37 am

you might be able to get a layover in either IAD or ATL, but I can't imagine they will be willing to add an extra layover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.