Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
She has called KLM and they say the error is because she must book all on the same airline; cannot mix AF/DL on different legs. This sounds....incorrect.
Call Flying Blue, not KLM!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Call Flying Blue, not KLM!
FB said the same thing and were the ones who advised her to book two one-ways.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:06 pm

Adding my frustration to this thread. Trying to book a NRT>SAN using 46000 miles, works fine, shows me the flight information, I select the flight, it asks to verify my name, asks me to select the seats, I select the seat, i submit, and I get a "sorry, a technical error occured". I call Air France and she tells me that there is no availability. I reply I just transfered 46000 miles from Chase to FB after verifying that the flight is available and now you tell me it's not? All I could get was "but there is availability on another date!", or "You should have called first, then we could have put this on hold until you have the points". What on earth! I was furious. Why is it allowing me to select the flight, even enter seats if there is no availability!

I booked another flight via LAX, which adds 5 hours but this is seriously frustrating.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the rookie question but i have never redeemed miles before.
I am trying to Book CDG-PMO. (Palermo) which has not a direct option (either Joon+AZ or AZ+AZ) in Y arround 300€, in J 450€ so I was looking at the miles option which was arround 12k +20€ in Y which I think a good value ?? I wanted to have a look at the J option but the website returns error with no flights availability (i tried several days).
Any clue what is going on ?
Is not permitted to Book J award on multi segments?

Thanks

EDIT: ok sorry I found one on a specific dates. I Guess the availability is low

​​​​​

Last edited by flyertalker09567; Mar 13, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the rookie question but i have never redeemed miles before.
I am trying to Book CDG-PMO. (Palermo) which has not a direct option (either Joon+AZ or AZ+AZ) in Y arround 300€, in J 450€ so I was looking at the miles option which was arround 12k +20€ in Y which I think a good value ?? I wanted to have a look at the J option but the website returns error with no flights availability (i tried several days).
Any clue what is going on ?
Is not permitted to Book J award on multi segments?

Thanks

EDIT: ok sorry I found one on a specific dates. I Guess the availability is low

​​​​​
Has AF doing "dynamic pricing" ? I am booking out for two trips and comparing the dates I am looking at compared to current pricing this calendar year It's quite a jump. I am sensing waiting awhile to book for 2020
Old May 17, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Has AF doing "dynamic pricing" ? I am booking out for two trips and comparing the dates I am looking at compared to current pricing this calendar year It's quite a jump. I am sensing waiting awhile to book for 2020
where have you been for the last year ?
answer is yes : dynamic pricing for awards.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak

where have you been for the last year ?
answer is yes : dynamic pricing for awards.
Yes I have been in the middle of selling my company and transitioning which is why I asked the question. What a #@$@# shoot with dynamic pricing long gone are the days to book long ! One thing I am glad to be off the "merry go round" of business travel points status concerns. Just hate to see my large bank of miles eaten up faster than anticipated, having said that looks like Premium Coach

Travel safe and thanks for the reply
Old May 20, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
I wanted to hold a Promo Reward before transferring miles into my account, but the phone agent told me they don't have access to do that. She was right, going by the terms on the website at least. Are there any other workarounds?
Old May 20, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
I wanted to hold a Promo Reward before transferring miles into my account, but the phone agent told me they don't have access to do that. She was right, going by the terms on the website at least. Are there any other workarounds?
I don't think so. Promo awards are only bookable on-line so there's no way to book them if you don't have the required amount of miles on your account.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
Be warned that, if you have just opened this account and/or have never earned miles into that account by flying, you may have some interesting experiences once you try to spend the miles you have transferred in from a credit card....
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I’m not even sure this is the right place for my question, but I’ll go ahead. I’ve booked a FB award ticket (domestic) on AR, and I received the Amadeus PNR for the booking. However, AR uses Sabre, so I have no way of checking my reservation on their website. I managed to book seats via the Garuda website, so it is not much of an issue, but I’d like to be able to check in online for those flights.

Is there any way to find out the Sabre PNR out of the Amadeus one? Is my only option to *shudder* call and speak to a human?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
I’m not even sure this is the right place for my question, but I’ll go ahead. I’ve booked a FB award ticket (domestic) on AR, and I received the Amadeus PNR for the booking. However, AR uses Sabre, so I have no way of checking my reservation on their website. I managed to book seats via the Garuda website, so it is not much of an issue, but I’d like to be able to check in online for those flights.

Is there any way to find out the Sabre PNR out of the Amadeus one? Is my only option to *shudder* call and speak to a human?
you have to call FB and ask them for AR booking ref. Once you get that, check your seat assignments as there is no guarantee that having done it with GA means something for AR.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:26 am

Looking up award availability for the PRG -> INC Czech Airlines flight, and for some reason for the date I'm targeting ExpertFlyer shows availability in all classes but FB only shows availability for economy? Is this a glitch in the system? Anyone have experience booking OK award flights with FB? Haven't been able to find too much recent info about it.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

you have to call FB and ask them for AR booking ref. Once you get that, check your seat assignments as there is no guarantee that having done it with GA means something for AR.
Thanks a lot; did that and now have the AR booking ref. To no avail, since crappy AR IT does not recognise the booking ref. - I know it is indeed valid since I can see it in Virtually There. The seat assignments also show, so there’s some hope in that, at least
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kevin Lu
Looking up award availability for the PRG -> INC Czech Airlines flight, and for some reason for the date I'm targeting ExpertFlyer shows availability in all classes but FB only shows availability for economy? Is this a glitch in the system? Anyone have experience booking OK award flights with FB? Haven't been able to find too much recent info about it.
Try to call FB. Sometimes they see more availability than what you can see on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.