Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ritesa
I can't select POS as departure airport:

"The departure city you selected is not permitted. Please select another city." (AF)

"Please enter a valid origin." (KL)

I can select it as destination though.
Yes. Very odd. Same thing for me. I was looking for a different flight but tried to see if I had same outcome. I’m on the app. Maybe better on desktop? Sometimes that makes a difference for me.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I tried it on desktop to no avail.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum

"The departure city you selected is not permitted. Please select another city." (AF)

I seem to remember some airports are flagged for departures as high-risk, could be a similar case.
Did you try to call CS?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:06 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Not yet, only researching my options at this point. Might call next week.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)

I had the same problem with CTG a couple of weeks ago. Have informed Flying Blue, but they don't do anything about it. They keep denying there is a problem.

What you can do to find flights and pricing, is to check a return ticket with POS as a destination. If you select a random outbound flight, you will then see the options for the flight you are looking for. You should then be able to book that flight by phone.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:10 pm

Same problem with YYJ (Victoria, Canada). Can do a one way YYC-YYJ but not the other way around due to above message.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Since award search is limited to members, I attempted to login to fb acct on af website today and encountered, " Sorry, an unexpected technical error occurred. Please try again or contact the Air France customer service team“. Though I was able to reset pw directly on fb website, af still threw same error after many minutes and cookie clear and different browser. I called fb phone and they were able to successfully send me pin by email which they surmised meant that I was experiencing an fb account issue which other fb members were also experiencing and would be fixed “in the coming hours.” Didn’t try huca.

Questions:
1.) are others encountering the same or similar error today?
2.) for those with years of experience with fb, do such glitches occur on a monthly basis (or more often)? Though i have flown and credited to fb before, I don’t often and haven’t for fb award tickets but am considering doing so more frequently in future and am trying to get a handle on how great this pain would be.

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SCtime
Since award search is limited to members, I attempted to login to fb acct on af website today and encountered, " Sorry, an unexpected technical error occurred. Please try again or contact the Air France customer service team“. Though I was able to reset pw directly on fb website, af still threw same error after many minutes and cookie clear and different browser. I called fb phone and they were able to successfully send me pin by email which they surmised meant that I was experiencing an fb account issue which other fb members were also experiencing and would be fixed “in the coming hours.” Didn’t try huca.

Questions:
2.) for those with years of experience with fb, do such glitches occur on a monthly basis (or more often)? Though i have flown and credited to fb before, I don’t often and haven’t for fb award tickets but am considering doing so more frequently in future and am trying to get a handle on how great this pain would be.

Thanks.
I get that error periodically. Move to mobile app and it’s fine. Sad that the desktop does this but at least there is a work around.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:19 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by SCtime

Questions:
Currently I'm able to login on the website, however a search for award space doesn't/cannot complete and thus doesn't yield any result.
The app, with it's limited search capability, is unfortunately all I'm able to use at the moment. Frustrating !
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:06 am

I found out that there is a difference between in the KL and AF app in terms of taxes and fees for a reward ticket. Why is that?

Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by BobTL
I found out that there is a difference between in the KL and AF app in terms of taxes and fees for a reward ticket. Why is that?

taxes on flights through AMS seem to be higher than through CDG. That’s what I notice.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by lovetotravel
taxes on flights through AMS seem to be higher than through CDG. That’s what I notice.
that’s not the case here.
Both apps show the identical flights with the same miles fare but different taxes and fees calculated.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:15 pm

Did the award calendar go away? I found some articles on OMAAT and TPG and others around beginning of 2024 that you do a search "book with miles" and leave the dates blank and it's supposed to pop up a calendar view. If I use Chrome for that, I'll see a calendar for 1-2 seconds and then it disappears and says there's no flights available. Regardless of class of service.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can't find any availability on Vietnam Airlines (VN) between SIN and SGN, but there's loads of connecting flight availability on Malaysian (MH) and China Southern (CZ). Tried loads of dates. Does on have to call to see if VN have any seats? Going with MH is a good deal, at 11,000 miles and some €33 taxes, but it takes too long.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by hurnik
Did the award calendar go away? I found some articles on OMAAT and TPG and others around beginning of 2024 that you do a search "book with miles" and leave the dates blank and it's supposed to pop up a calendar view. If I use Chrome for that, I'll see a calendar for 1-2 seconds and then it disappears and says there's no flights available. Regardless of class of service.
All I get (including Chrome) recently from the date and calender view is a blank with: All fares are rounded to the nearest whole number.
Very frustrating !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.