Award booking issues on FB website

Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by wpugh
I can't speak for the VS side of things, but AF/Flying Blue has not shown any award availability for the AF operated CDG-RDU flights on any day. I think several people on here have tried to reach out to AF about this, but there has yet to be any change. I assume this is a glitch, but it has been almost three months now with no change, so who knows...
Right, and even now when the flight actually started operating and the route is included in this month's promo awards, it still never shows up on the AF/Flying Blue website for award searches. It continues to show up (mostly in Y) on VS, but I have not tried booking it and someone commented on a blog that it might be phantom award space (though expertflyer, VS, and DL are all consistent in showing Y award availability, with insane pricing on DL of course)
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hogo74
Right, and even now when the flight actually started operating and the route is included in this month's promo awards, it still never shows up on the AF/Flying Blue website for award searches. It continues to show up (mostly in Y) on VS, but I have not tried booking it and someone commented on a blog that it might be phantom award space (though expertflyer, VS, and DL are all consistent in showing Y award availability, with insane pricing on DL of course)
I can confirm that I successfully booked 4 J seats on CDG-RDU through VS for travel in April. ExpertFlyer was showing the availability (O4), and it showed up on the VS website for 58.5k + 400 per person. I called VS and was able to put it on hold, then transferred Chase points (with the 30% bonus), and was able to get it ticketed. It still wasn't showing on the AF site, but it does seem to be bookable through VS.
hogo74 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
This year I booked PVG WNZ using FB miles but the tool can't seem to find that route anymore... again the website glitching or is it safe to assume they removed this route?
Old Nov 22, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: LH (SEN), KL (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb)
I wanted to buy award tickets from Cartagena, Colombia to Amsterdam on KL749, but for some reason I can not book these online.

FB customer service keeps telling me I should use a different browser but the problem remains. I can only ask them the price by phone. As the prices are crazy (500.000 award miles for a one-way for 4 people) I wanted to check back every now and then to see if prices drop.
I really want to burn my FB miles as they are getting more and more useless to me, but I can't even book a one way flight for the family with my 300.000 miles I have left in my account.

I wanted to know, if I check the price for a return ticket AMS-CTG - CTG-AMS, is the price for the inbound the same as it would be for a oneway CTG-AMS? Because if it is, I can check pricing this way and I don't always need to contact the customer service.

And are there tricks to reduce the pricing? Adding a leg, e.g. CTG-AMS-DUS and not flying the last leg? We would have no checked luggage anyway.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
I wanted to buy award tickets from Cartagena, Colombia to Amsterdam on KL749, but for some reason I can not book these online.

FB customer service keeps telling me I should use a different browser but the problem remains. I can only ask them the price by phone. As the prices are crazy (500.000 award miles for a one-way for 4 people) I wanted to check back every now and then to see if prices drop.
I really want to burn my FB miles as they are getting more and more useless to me, but I can't even book a one way flight for the family with my 300.000 miles I have left in my account.

I wanted to know, if I check the price for a return ticket AMS-CTG - CTG-AMS, is the price for the inbound the same as it would be for a oneway CTG-AMS? Because if it is, I can check pricing this way and I don't always need to contact the customer service.

And are there tricks to reduce the pricing? Adding a leg, e.g. CTG-AMS-DUS and not flying the last leg? We would have no checked luggage anyway.
It appears that there is an issue. I can reproduce this too. Other cities work fine. Originating in CTG does not seem to be supported. I would call back in and have them try on their own browser. This seems to be a pretty universal issue. Also confirm with them that there are no ticketing restrictions from originating flights in Columbia. That could also be the issue.

Barring any regulatory issues of a flight originating in Columbia, your trick, looking up the reverse direction to see the CTG-AMS segments should work. And although rare with mileage tickets, it is possible you could find a hidden city routing that is cheaper.
jochen_vdk likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: LH (SEN), KL (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by Utskicat
It appears that there is an issue. I can reproduce this too. Other cities work fine. Originating in CTG does not seem to be supported. I would call back in and have them try on their own browser. This seems to be a pretty universal issue. Also confirm with them that there are no ticketing restrictions from originating flights in Columbia. That could also be the issue.
There are no ticketing restrictions, when I call them, they can give me the price and issue the ticket. They insist it should work for me as well online, but I can't convince them it does not. I just don't want to call them every day.

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Barring any regulatory issues of a flight originating in Columbia, your trick, looking up the reverse direction to see the CTG-AMS segments should work. And although rare with mileage tickets, it is possible you could find a hidden city routing that is cheaper.
I often find cheaper routings, like for example May 8:

CTG-AMS 96.000 miles in economy, 74.500 miles in premium eco and 77.000 miles in business
CTG-AMS-CDG-DUS 61.500 miles in economy, 62.500 miles in premium eco and 77.000 miles in business

And those change every day, so I need to check back every day and check all of the 3 travel classes because for 60.000 I can book 5 tickets and get rid of all my leftover miles

Thanks for your input!
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:37 am

award search totally unusable?

I am starting to get very frustrated with Flying Blue, as much as I like the programme generally...
Is it just me, or is the award search function totally unusable at the moment?

I enter my city pair, the class, and leave the date blank so that I can have the calendar view by month, but the calendar is just blank.
When I click on a particular month, it also doesn't show any prices until I click a specific date.

Then I get to the list of flights, but the scrollable (left and right) list of other dates before and after that particular date also doesn't show any prices.
When I choose another date, it lists flights, but be careful, when you click on the details of any particular flight option, it shows the flight for the original searched date!
Which renders the search function totally unusable!!!

I have tried Safari and Chrome, both with the same problem...
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
I am starting to get very frustrated with Flying Blue, as much as I like the programme generally...
Is it just me, or is the award search function totally unusable at the moment?

I enter my city pair, the class, and leave the date blank so that I can have the calendar view by month, but the calendar is just blank.
When I click on a particular month, it also doesn't show any prices until I click a specific date.

Then I get to the list of flights, but the scrollable (left and right) list of other dates before and after that particular date also doesn't show any prices.
When I choose another date, it lists flights, but be careful, when you click on the details of any particular flight option, it shows the flight for the original searched date!
Which renders the search function totally unusable!!!

I have tried Safari and Chrome, both with the same problem...
Same here since a few weeks. Im surprised it is not more discussed.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Same here since a few weeks. Im surprised it is not more discussed.
so it seems that the website is working again, it shows the monthly view of the award pricesand more saver award level availability loaded suddenly, almost back to previous levels
Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
so it seems that the website is working again, it shows the monthly view of the award pricesand more saver award level availability loaded suddenly, almost back to previous levels
Saver award? Which route and when? For me still the same too expensive options... :-(
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Dutch007
Saver award? Which route and when? For me still the same too expensive options... :-(
I was looking at GVA SFO in business. 2 weeks ago I found 1 seat in the entire calendar, and now, sporadic sprinkling of 50K miles award every month except for summer...
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:52 am

I was looking at the calendar view for a few routes from OSL/ARN to LAX in summer. I see some 50k miles award availability for J in the calendar, but when I select the day, I don't see any actual flights for 50k miles. Anyone know why?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by JLC85
I was looking at the calendar view for a few routes from OSL/ARN to LAX in summer. I see some 50k miles award availability for J in the calendar, but when I select the day, I don't see any actual flights for 50k miles. Anyone know why?
Glitchy websiteI had problems few weeks ago, but thought they were resolved last week
did you try the app?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:47 pm

Seats dot aero is showing availability for HND-SFO via CDG in Feb but on AF's site it won't come up, in any cabin. Cash fares show availability but nothing via CDG shows up on miles, is seats.areo ghosting me?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:54 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I can't select POS as departure airport:

"The departure city you selected is not permitted. Please select another city." (AF)

"Please enter a valid origin." (KL)

I can select it as destination though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.