Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
European Commission EC261/2004 guidelines in context of COVD-19 dated 18 MAR 2020
US DoT Enforcement Notice regarding refunds dated 3 APR 2020.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Originally Posted by The doomed
Just tried the online refund form for a various tickets.

​​​​When I enter my ticket number and move to next field, the form rejects my ticket number as it already exists in the refund system. I asked for a refund (without success) some weeks ago.

Looks like might need to call or go via social media if you already applied online and we're wet successful.
Spoke to KLM earlier. New tool being made available on KLM website this week to all for customers to request their their vouchers be changed into a refund.
irishguy28 and andersniet like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:24 am

Hi anyone knows when the 15% bonus will be working...
my ticket price is going up each week ...everytime i call af they say ok in 2 days if not working we will do it ...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:16 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Have a try either today or tomorrow. Starting June 16 it should be working (Unsure if that includes June 16, today, as well). If your fares keep going up I'd advise to just book and either forget about the 15%..or maybe try your luck and ask them to compensate that 15% later (slim chance, but still). It would be a pitty if your fare goes up 25% while you are waiting for the 15% bonus..
Carel1, Wil973 and Thysk like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Just booked a new flight at when I entered my EMD voucher number the 15% was added to the value.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
Just booked a new flight at when I entered my EMD voucher number the 15% was added to the value.
Just tried nothing guess time to call
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Have a try either today or tomorrow. Starting June 16 it should be working (Unsure if that includes June 16, today, as well). If your fares keep going up I'd advise to just book and either forget about the 15%..or maybe try your luck and ask them to compensate that 15% later (slim chance, but still). It would be a pitty if your fare goes up 25% while you are waiting for the 15% bonus..
Whicy actually happened, as most discount fares ended at the 14th of June. Guess why AF/KL was so determined to only supply this 15% extra as of the 16th, instead of immediately as of the announcement...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
did you do that on klm or airfrance... i m just asking because i Said someone tried his voucher and it worked but mine no...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I've just successfully claimed my 15% bonus on a new booking at klm.com. You can now use more than two vouchers online too - I redeemed three vouchers on a single booking and was given the 15% bonus on all three.
Wil973 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:04 am

But i noticed something... to have the 15% it must be a voucher for a ticket paid in cash 100%
right now i have 2 vouchers one in my gf name one in mine...

But mine doesnt give the 15% because i used a voucher of 43 cents (why not lollll) and the rest in cash to pay my ticket that was cancelled and created a voucher....
i cant see another reason since my gf one gives 15%
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is there any difference in the EMD terms?

I have a voucher that was paid partly cash and partly voucher. But it says in the EMD that the full amount was paid by card:
EUR 152.59 CCAX

Does it refer another payment for you there? I guess theoretically the system could refer back to the original eticket and the payment used for that; but that like a whole lot of effort for such a small bonus to be honest.

It could also be that they are still working on setting it up; perhaps they are still loading the eligible EMD numbers for the 15%..something like that perhaps.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 16, 2020 at 5:48 am
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
I just talked to the Platinum line (french number) because none of my 10 AF vouchers was working on KLM.
They said that the new process was not working yet and that they didn't know themselves whether the 15% bonus would apply to all vouchers when you use several ones on the same PNR... Maybe only one voucher will get the bonus...
I asked if AF vouchers (057...) were working on KLM. Answer was yes.

Then they told me to call KL Germany because the 1st flight of my booking was living from DUS and that KL might be able to do something for me.
I called them but they couldn't help because all my vouchers are Air France ones and they can't be used on a KLM PNR !!!

I said "OK, I give up. Cancel my booking. I will have my vouchers refund and fly another alliance".
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by SteveCanary
I just talked to the Platinum line (french number) because none of my 10 AF vouchers was working on KLM.
They said that the new process was not working yet and that they didn't know themselves whether the 15% bonus would apply to all vouchers when you use several ones on the same PNR... Maybe only one voucher will get the bonus...
I asked if AF vouchers (057...) were working on KLM. Answer was yes.

Then they told me to call KL Germany because the 1st flight of my booking was living from DUS and that KL might be able to do something for me.
I called them but they couldn't help because all my vouchers are Air France ones and they can't be used on a KLM PNR !!!

I said "OK, I give up. Cancel my booking. I will have my vouchers refund and fly another alliance".
since they took soooo long to make the 15% processus work....
how long will it take for the vouchers to be refunded ... months
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Is there any difference in the EMD terms?

I have a voucher that was paid partly cash and partly voucher. But it says in the EMD that the full amount was paid by card:
EUR 152.59 CCAX

Does it refer another payment for you there? I guess theoretically the system could refer back to the original eticket and the payment used for that; but that like a whole lot of effort for such a small bonus to be honest.

It could also be that they are still working on setting it up; perhaps they are still loading the eligible EMD numbers for the 15%..something like that perhaps.
if not working like mine i guess you have to calllll
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
What kind of nonsense is this? Anyone else experience this?

After submitting several vouchers for a cash refund I received this as an answer:

"Thank you for your patience. As the voucher 057xxxxx. is the residual value of another voucher, we cannot refund it. You will be able to use it on our website. "
palmanfr, SteveCanary and Thysk like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
It's another great move from AF/KLM... The flight I wanted was at 124 Euros yesterday (vouchers not bonified), and now the same segments are quoting 145 Euros (vouchers potentially bonified...). Enjoy the fake bonus !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.