Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Your flight is in 2018, discover Flying Blue new programme rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your flight is in 2018, discover Flying Blue new programme rules

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NickB
That is true for individual, unsolicited, ad hoc status matches. OTOH, those under organised status match campaigns typically only ask for evidence of status from the FFP from which the match is made, IME.
Exactly. And that is also true for campaigns that are not open to everybody but only targeting only one specific segment (holders of specific status with a specific FFP, anyone in one country, people working for a specific company, people booking through a specific travel agent) - no need to show your statement.

In the above example where I "congratulated" someone for getting Air Berlin topbonus two days before the company was sold to a competitor that is what I had in mind: there will probably be campaigns targeting topbonus card holders, and those will be in the no-statement-needed-style. That person may have matched himself into AB without earning it which will allow him to match to another status without earning it.

A number of years ago my wife was a LH Senator and AF Platinum by chain-matching/gifting: Senator because I gifted the card to her as a HON, and with the SEN card she then used the AF matching campaign to obtain Platinum on FB.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
This is for Ivory though, for Platinum it would be:

AMS-SFO (V) for 363E w/o tax is 2904 for Platinum in the new scheme, but 5460 in the current scheme.
AMS-SFO (K) for 1170E w/o tax is 9360 for Platinum in the new scheme, but 16380 in the current scheme.
AMS-SFO (Z) for 3304E w/o tax is 26432 for Platinum in the new scheme, but 24570 in the current scheme.

Kindof aligned with expectations on revenue based programs. If you fly J / F it's gonna be better, for Y it's gonna be worse (or way worse on the cheap fares).
But I guess one would still earn status miles at the Ivory level...
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
not familiar with revenue-based programs. but does the same miles-earning rate apply when i credit Skyteam partner airline flights to FB?

i.e. no matter if its an AF/KLM/SU/MU flight credited to FB, it will be revenue based?

i do remember reading somewhere that on one of the US airlines, if you buy the same ticket ticketed by a partner airline (but operated by US airline question) and credit it to the US FFP, you get way more miles since the miles are awarded based on booking class instead of price.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by natcin
not familiar with revenue-based programs. but does the same miles-earning rate apply when i credit Skyteam partner airline flights to FB?

i.e. no matter if its an AF/KLM/SU/MU flight credited to FB, it will be revenue based?

i do remember reading somewhere that on one of the US airlines, if you buy the same ticket ticketed by a partner airline (but operated by US airline question) and credit it to the US FFP, you get way more miles since the miles are awarded based on booking class instead of price.
I can tell about the AAdvantage program -- no, it's not. Because they cannot control other airlines' tickets/pricing, they can do revenue based crediting only on their own flights. If you take partners, they use some weird conversions for status dollars (EQD) based on the fare class and the actual mileage. They also use different coefficients on status miles (EQM) for AA and non-AA flights generally penalizing their partners. Given that fares are often identical to within a cent on AA and partners, it often happens that you earn more EQDs on a partner but fewer EQMs.

For example, a discounted business class fare (I) on BA earns 150% of EQMs while 200% on AA, but for the EQDs on BA they would use a conversion factor 0.25 applied to the mileage which might end up with almost twice as much as the real price of the ticket. From my personal experience: I flew a couple of times MOW-LHR-SCL in premium economy. The r/t ticket was about $1900a.i. but it earned 3400 EQDs because of the 0.2 conversion factor. The cheapest economy would be $1300 earning 850 EQDs because the conversion factor is 0.05.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
This is for Ivory though, for Platinum it would be
The Elite bonus stays the same as before: 50% additional for silver, 75% for Gold and 100% for Platinum. So I thought to remove that factor from the overview.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That is true for individual, unsolicited, ad hoc status matches. OTOH, those under organised status match campaigns typically only ask for evidence of status from the FFP from which the match is made, IME.
The only "official" tobponus status match campaign so far - that offered by Finnair but no longer active - specifically required a listing of the past 12 month's FFP statement. It was open to Miles & More members, too.

Given AB's never-ending policy of status matching - even after entering administration, people are still reporting successful topbonus status matches - I don't think the "normal" rules will apply should others open a targeted topbonus status match, and will follow a similar path as that of AY.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The only "official" tobponus status match campaign so far - that offered by Finnair but no longer active - specifically required a listing of the past 12 month's FFP statement. It was open to Miles & More members, too.

Given AB's never-ending policy of status matching - even after entering administration, people are still reporting successful topbonus status matches - I don't think the "normal" rules will apply should others open a targeted topbonus status match, and will follow a similar path as that of AY.
This is a possible outcome, of course, but I think that the evidence put forward is a little on the thin side to support the conclusion, especially when the solitary example given runs against dozens of previous examples going the other way.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
But I guess one would still earn status miles at the Ivory level...
Is this really the case or does the status multipliers apply to level miles too?
With all the posts I've seen it hasn't become clear yet.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Is this really the case or does the status multipliers apply to level miles too?
It does not now so I doubt it will in the future...

Last edited by skyhighlander; Oct 6, 2017 at 6:56 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Even if there were a thousand more posts, I doubt that this is something which would have "become clear yet" given that all we can have is speculations based on an un-intentional system glitch.

If you want clarity, you will have to wait at least until we have an official announcement from FB (and even then, there will in all likelihood be many darker corners where the light will not have been thrown yet) .
Goldorak and wuzziduzziman like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Well the main question is about qualifying segments.

Flying in economy didn't earn many miles so it won't change much with the new system.

If they stop this segement system, the program will become absolutly worthless for Y flyers. But I doubt it. American Express shouldn't see much difference either.
I am also wondering if the residency will be impacted. French residents have the worth deal with Flying Blue at the moment.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Even if there were a thousand more posts, I doubt that this is something which would have "become clear yet" given that all we can have is speculations based on an un-intentional system glitch.

If you want clarity, you will have to wait at least until we have an official announcement from FB (and even then, there will in all likelihood be many darker corners where the light will not have been thrown yet) .
^
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:07 am

This is not entirely on topic but it was discussed here before, so I feel it's appropriate to post this here; against all odds my request for a topbonus status match was granted 7 weeks later. If it ends up being useless, so be it, but it certainly won't hurt.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I expect a HUGE members transfer from FB to Delta Sky Miles, mostly because no-USA resident are not under the minimum yearly spending criteria.

For Y traveler's (no-USA) is more easy to reach a status with SM than FB.

I have myself do the "switch" from FB to SM, and find the program more interesting (choice benefits --> FB did not have this).

Last edited by FBplatinum; Oct 22, 2017 at 7:50 am
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
I expect a HUGE members transfer from FB to Delta Sky Miles, mostly because no-USA resident are not under the minimum yearly spending criteria.

For Y traveler's (no-USA) is more easy to reach a status with SM than FB.

I have myself do the "switch" from FB to SM, and find the program more interesting (choice benefits --> FB did not have this).
I doubt it. In your case, being based In Canada, that’s another story of course and because you are knowledgeable in FFP. But 99% of FFP members have no clue about all this, including in the top tier levels. And there are always some pros & cons with every program. Regarding DL, their horrible lounge access policy in contract lounges is a big no go for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.