Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Your flight is in 2018, discover Flying Blue new programme rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your flight is in 2018, discover Flying Blue new programme rules

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Same for me.

I would always avoid mini and buy classic fares for European flights in order to earn segments.

After this move, I switched to mini most of the time.

I must not be the only one.
You're certainly not the only one, which shows that AFKL have a great opportunity to evolve the segment concept without throwing it out of the water.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
What strikes me in this thread is how so many people refuse to accept that the world and the industry is changing.
I don't think we are luddites on the forum, we just have different views as to how the program and its qualifying process should evolve.
Change sometimes goes in the wrong direction due to a narrow focus on costs. A few years ago Delta decided to introduce BOB on cross-country long-distance flights; now passengers in Y are being served meals again. You can evolve a model to make it work if you focus on costs AND customer needs.
Imagine if as a result of these changes AFKL loses 40% of its Gold members - that could have a serious impact on revenues as frequent flyers take their business elsewhere, because we all have a choice in this market....
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
I think it's practically guaranteed that they'll get rid of it. And I can't blame them, it makes very little sense.
Except that it has apparently kept people from defecting to the LCCs, as per the earlier discussion in this very thread.

But given that Pieter Elbers thanked Easyjet and Ryanair for helping to make KLM's shorthaul network profitable again, perhaps you are right and they don't need these lounge/baggage freeloaders!!!

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Personally, I never understood why they gave segments on mini fares. It was nice to give a few miles (120-150), as it cost them virtually nothing and it helped some people to keep their miles alive, but giving a segment was a complete non-sense on a FFP management perspective.
Except that giving that segment may have been the only thing to prevent the sale going to Easyjet instead. If the only reason you are buying a MiNi fare is because you get your segment and your requalification and your lounge - once that is taken away, you have no incentive anymore to avoid the LCCs.

Some travellers have to travel multiple short sectors where HOP! and MiNi fares are the only AFKL option; they can't (and won't) all decide to now add a business-class summer vacaction out of their own pocket to try and keep what they used to get, if segment-qualification is taken away!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:47 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I am going to close this thread. Please follow the discussion in the new thread and check out the Flying Blue website for further information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.