Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It seems that my purgatory period has finally ended . I don't know if it is related to the conversation I had with the Ulti TA after my last proposal at 350 EUR (I told them that it's not needed to continue to propose me this because I will never take them and that they should remove the NDPU mention which I am sure is in my profile for way too long now). I have been proposed 89 EUR on CDG-AMS and 59 EUR on AMS-SPU. I took the latter and not the former
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It seems that my purgatory period has finally ended . I don't know if it is related to the conversation I had with the Ulti TA after my last proposal at 350 EUR (I told them that it's not needed to continue to propose me this because I will never take them and that they should remove the NDPU mention which I am sure is in my profile for way too long now). I have been proposed 89 EUR on CDG-AMS and 59 EUR on AMS-SPU. I took the latter and not the former
for a flight of this length I am surprised by the price of 59 EUR
Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
SFO - CDG from J to P: $2,837.21 or 224700 Miles .... nope.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
SFO - CDG from J to P: $2,837.21 or 224700 Miles .... nope.
Do you know what the load was in P? Flying the route soon and wondering if I can get a "good" deal (< $1500) if the flight is P3 or P4.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mict
Do you know what the load was in P? Flying the route soon and wondering if I can get a "good" deal (< $1500) if the flight is P3 or P4.
2 middles seats are booked, 2 seats are empty. Nobody taking it so far. Judging from the seats, J cabin looks like it has pretty decent load. Guess Delta Airlines isn't very popular these days :-P

btw. in August 2020 they wanted $2000 (at that time, P was basically J with better seat).
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
2 middles seats are booked, 2 seats are empty. Nobody taking it so far. Judging from the seats, J cabin looks like it has pretty decent load. Guess Delta Airlines isn't very popular these days :-P

btw. in August 2020 they wanted $2000 (at that time, P was basically J with better seat).
do you know if you have NDPU on your profile? I’m also flying AF 83 soon and was hoping for a discount price (friend who works at AF has confirmed to me no NDPU on my booking)
$2800 is too much…
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
ATH-CDG: €139.

Decent deal for regular service. But for the current one, doesn’t make sense to me considering Plat.

2/8 J seats during the flight.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just as a reminder (I know it's somewhere, but it doesn't hurt to repeat and remind certain things), do these upgrades come with increased miles and XPs?
more4less likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
They don’t. The only thing you can get is Amex Miles if you use such a card to pay for the upgrade.
more4less likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You do get the extra award miles for spend on FB.

No extra XP or partner miles
more4less likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I've read some of the numerous posts here...thank for sharing your knowledge

However, I'm still confused on what to expect. Here is what I have later this week:

-Transiting on my way to Italy via CDG. Booked via Delta as I'm a Diamond Medallion/2 MM Miler, SkyTeam Elite Plus member (don't think this matters for an AF upgrade)
-8 of 18 European business class seat remain for purchase as of now (approx 72 hours prior to flight)
-Full Y fare purchased

Should I expect to receive an email offer?
Should I call AF directly tomorrow to see if I am eligible for an offer despite booking via Delta?
Will I have to ask for an offer at CDG either in the AF lounge or from the gate agent?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
If your operating carrier is AF, you'll be able to see upgrade offer on checkin by selecting a J seat, per segment. Not sure if this option is available on Delta site if you commence the trip with them.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CDG-NAP Y to J : 79€. Took it.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
CDG-NAP Y to J : 79€. Took it.
That’s a decent rate, did you do anything to finally leave the upgrade purgatory ?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by maalloc
That’s a decent rate, did you do anything to finally leave the upgrade purgatory ?
During a call to the Ulti TA Team, I told them that I was receiving upgrade proposals for a very long time at indecent prices and that there was no point continuing to send me such offers. I told them also I was sure I had a NDPU mention in my file and, if yes, it was time to delete it.
They said they would look at all this. And the miracle happened : from the 1st trip after this call, I had proposal at a low price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.