Wiki Posts
Search

AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The Italian government has granted 600 m€ to AZ without the consent of Brussels. Will be fun...
This is to maintain AZ for a couple of more months in order to find eventually a new buyer...
The only good news about this is that people with bookings for the summer holidays are safe.

http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...fe-705105.html
Old May 8, 2017, 12:55 pm

Clearly off-topic here (given the virtually next-to-nil relevance with the end of the AF/KL-AZ code-sharing set-up) but, just for the sake of clarity (with plenty being already said through the relevant thread on the AZ sub-forum), the bridge loan is being discussed with the EU and preliminary talks together with some degree of agreement (on a number of conditions) was confirmed by a spokesperson in Brussels roughly a week ago, so the without consent is obviously misleading and incorrect (incidentally, the loan has not been issued yet, pending discussions with the EU, currently on-going). That said, I think this thread can easily get back to its original topic (if anything else needs adding for that purpose).

G
Old May 8, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Clearly off-topic here (given the virtually next-to-nil relevance with the end of the AF/KL-AZ code-sharing set-up) but, just for the sake of clarity (with plenty being already said through the relevant thread on the AZ sub-forum), the bridge loan is being discussed with the EU and preliminary talks together with some degree of agreement (on a number of conditions) was confirmed by a spokesperson in Brussels roughly a week ago, so the without consent is obviously misleading and incorrect (incidentally, the loan has not been issued yet, pending discussions with the EU, currently on-going). That said, I think this thread can easily get back to its original topic (if anything else needs adding for that purpose).

G
Thanks for the precision AlicorporateUK. Please note that the "without consent of Brussels" were not my words but from the quoted news.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Please note that the "without consent of Brussels" were not my words but from the quoted news.
Absolutely, Goldorak, reason why I did not quote you directly as I was referring to the piece of news you kindly posted

^

G
Old May 9, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

G
Sure, it is a bit off-topic, but that is a common trait of most threads on FT.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:04 pm

I seem to recall that the back to MXP's thread had been merged with this one thus posting here.

According to an official source (Jérôme Salemi, AF-KL's general director in Italy), the recently relaunched MXP services have so far been good business for the group and, whilst obviously still early stage for in-depth data analysis, the source suggests that load factors are very encouraging.

Also and on an entirely different note (yet still regarding operations in Italy and clearly a result of the break-up in code-sharing arrangements with AZ), AF-KL has announced that passengers originating from the Marche region and booked on long-haul services from FCO via either AMS or CDG will benefit from a free bus transfer to Rome (from Ancona\AOI and a few other cities within the area).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 9, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
According to an official source (Jérôme Salemi, AF-KL's general director in Italy), the recently relaunched MXP services have so far been good business for the group and, whilst obviously still early stage for in-depth data analysis, the source suggests that load factors are very encouraging.
So, they won't be AT ALL interested in moving back to LIN when practically all its slots become free in a few months' time?

Also and on an entirely different note (yet still regarding operations in Italy and clearly a result of the break-up in code-sharing arrangements with AZ), AF-KL has announced that passengers originating from the Marche region and booked on long-haul services from FCO via either AMS or CDG will benefit from a free bus transfer to Rome (from Ancona\AOI and a few other cities within the area).

G
Shame they can't be as generous as for their Spanish clients...
Old May 10, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
So, they won't be AT ALL interested in moving back to LIN when practically all its slots become free in a few months' time?

Surely not, they had been gagging to get back on the other side of town thus no reason to think they would even consider to return

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Shame they can't be as generous as for their Spanish clients...
They do have a limo service for those departing from their new Milan base

G
Old May 11, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Surely not, they had been gagging to get back on the other side of town thus no reason to think they would even consider to return
Strange, I thought I read that LIN is more convenient for locals and that AF was unhappy to be expulsed by AZ from LIN.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Strange, I thought I read that LIN is more convenient for locals and that AF was unhappy to be expulsed by AZ from LIN.
I suspect that AlicorporateUK's post might have been tongue-in-cheek.
Old May 13, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
FYI, AZ chose to stop contracting handling services from AF at CDG. A contractor will now operate AZ check-in at T2F in the upcoming weeks, in a separate check-in zone.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

LH, AF/KL not interested by "buying" AZ. Not really a surprise...
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...es-714903.html
Old May 22, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
LH, AF/KL not interested by "buying" AZ. Not really a surprise...
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...es-714903.html
I am glad they are not interested. They have their own matters to solve before helping others.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by olivedel
FYI, AZ chose to stop contracting handling services from AF at CDG. A contractor will now operate AZ check-in at T2F in the upcoming weeks, in a separate check-in zone.
That is already like this at NCE
At ORY, AZ moves to the South Terminal next Tuesday.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Nico40
That is already like this at NCE
At ORY, AZ moves to the South Terminal next Tuesday.
Really sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.