Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 11:06 am

Is there any way to waive the fee of the silver card? Based on spending? And what’s the way to do it?
Old May 8, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Is there any way to waive the fee of the silver card? Based on spending? And what’s the way to do it?
For the French one, it's automatic as soon as you spend more than 8k/year.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
For the French one, it's automatic as soon as you spend more than 8k/year.
There's nothing automatic. I have the French Gold AFKLFB Amex for something like 25 years and I spend way much more than 8K/y (OK, "your" threshold may be higher for the Gold card) and the fee has never been waived even after asking, not even a single time.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There's nothing automatic. I have the French Gold AFKLFB Amex for something like 25 years and I spend way much more than 8K/y (OK, "your" threshold may be higher for the Gold card) and the fee has never been waived even after asking, not even a single time.
Fees are only waived automatically for the silver card. I used it for a few years, and it did work flawlessly.

Commercial gestures for Gold/Plat cards are another thing entirely indeed - even if you bill 5- 6 figures to your card annually. That’s just not in their DNA
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
AF/FB AMEX Gold new offer 50% discount on business up to 2000€

New offer found on my AMEX account today. 50% cashback in business cabin up to 2000€. From May 9th to May 19th. Only direct flights from France.

Détails

Votre invité est notre invité! Enregistrez votre Carte et bénéficiez de 50 % remboursés sur vos billets d'avion AIR FRANCE et KLM en cabine Business, dans la limite d'un recrédit de 2 000 €, entre le 9 mai et le 19 mai 2022 inclus. Les termes et conditions s'appliquent à cette offre, voir ci-dessous.
Goldorak, Xandrios and offvoice like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That is a great deal! Up to 2K credit means you could do two discounted transatlantic roundtrips in business for half the price. Or a whole bunch of XP runs within Europe (At half price, getting 150% XP's until July..).

If only these kind of offers would be made available in NL too...
Old May 9, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That is a great deal! Up to 2K credit means you could do two discounted transatlantic roundtrips in business for half the price. Or a whole bunch of XP runs within Europe (At half price, getting 150% XP's until July..).

If only these kind of offers would be made available in NL too...
Only direct flights from France, so not good value for XP runs I think.

I wouldn't mind if Amex NL brought back the travel voucher. Or something. Lately I feel like I'm not getting my moneys worth from the platinum card any more.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveCanary
New offer found on my AMEX account today. 50% cashback in business cabin up to 2000€. From May 9th to May 19th. Only direct flights from France.

Détails

Votre invité est notre invité! Enregistrez votre Carte et bénéficiez de 50 % remboursés sur vos billets d'avion AIR FRANCE et KLM en cabine Business, dans la limite d'un recrédit de 2 000 €, entre le 9 mai et le 19 mai 2022 inclus. Les termes et conditions s'appliquent à cette offre, voir ci-dessous.
thanks a lot !! just registered for it
SteveCanary likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
thanks a lot !! just registered for it
Do you get the 50% cashback for all passengers traveling on the same booking or just for the card owner ?
Old May 9, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ciumpy
Do you get the 50% cashback for all passengers traveling on the same booking or just for the card owner ?
I understand it's for everyone in the booking.
Ciumpy likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:47 am

I wonder if it is possible to cancel and get a voucher in order to get around the restrictions
Old May 10, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Cancelling a ticket is a clause of exclusion of the offer
Old May 10, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: Some...
Per the T&C :
• Obtenez ainsi 50 % de remboursement sur vos billets d'avion AIR FRANCE et KLM en cabine Business,en une ou plusieurs transactions.
• Offre valableune foispar Carte enregistrée.

So, can we buy only one trip or can we buy two trips or more?
Old May 10, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: FB platinum
You can buy as many trips as you want, but the max total refund is 2k€ in any case.
thibderoc likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Cancelling a ticket is a clause of exclusion of the offer
The T&C wording doesnt mention ticket status :

Le crédit peut être retiré par American Express si la transaction éligible est annulée ou remboursée par la suite.
Les transactions qui sont annulées ou remboursées ultérieurement ne seront pas prises en compte parmi les transactions éligibles pour à l’Offre.

When a booking is converted to a voucher the original transaction status should remain unchanged, no ?

Le crédit peut être retiré par American Express boursée par la suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.