Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strike announcement

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
Are any BritAir flights experiencing difficulties this week?
Apparently, they were supposed to be the subsidiary impacted the most, but they seem to be having just about 20% cancellations.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 17, 2008 at 9:55 pm
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Currently sitting in World Club at LAX. Just saw AF flt land. Flt 69 is scheduled to depart on time today. Any idea why? This is the flight I was originally booked on. Still happy that I am flying KL.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
AF #19 delayed or cancelled @ Ewr to Cdg?

How long is this strike going to last?

Are the pilots demands being met?

looks like we're going to have a lousy season coming..
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:35 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by stimpy
That's what I'm doing too this week, but I prefer trains over planes even when there isn't a AF strike. However there are times when SNCF and Deutsche Bahn are on strike too.
I'm also a fan of the trains and as I have my Plat status for next year I'm leaning towards using them more. However sometimes it's a case of choosing the lesser evil....
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Speaking about Brit Air, I will fly next week to Bilbao. How is the new terminal G?
Another favella miles from anywhere; no nearby parking (not that I've found anyway); takes an age to get to/from; bus, bus and more bus and the elevated roadway section to it jams up the entrance to all the terminal 2's causing tailbacks and delays.

All in all, an absolutely outstanding bit of planning. Oh, and a memorable customer experience (for all the wrong reasons). Throw in a strike and it's a "never forget" experience.

Last edited by Armchair Flyer; Nov 18, 2008 at 4:01 am
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: SQ * UA * QF * AF
The Long-haul program for today, 18NOV, is definitely back to normal.
Very few cancelled flights, required to reposition aircrafts and comply with crew schedule:
Cancelled long-haul flights for today, 18NOV:
AF 12 CDG JFK
AF 134 CDG BOM
AF 192 CDG BLR
AF 332 CDG BOS
AF 116 CDG PVG
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Currently sitting in World Club at LAX. Just saw AF flt land. Flt 69 is scheduled to depart on time today. Any idea why? This is the flight I was originally booked on. Still happy that I am flying KL.
Flight 69 LAX/CDG was ultimately cancelled. Thank heavens I was re-booked on KLM. The KL flight in Biz was great!^
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:16 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Flight 69 LAX/CDG was ultimately cancelled. Thank heavens I was re-booked on KLM. The KL flight in Biz was great!^
Got your little house ?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by couscous
Got your little house ?
^^
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Excellent! How is your flight doing but, I am already saw your flight tracking from LAX-AMS but, I am already sent email you from few days ago. You should read it your emails from me. Welcome back to Europe again. I'm sure you will have a nice pleasant trip to VCE. I have been there at VCE from 7 years ago visits my brother is getting married with my sister-in-law. So as you can see where we went to downtown to feed the pigeons were coming in the my hands. Its looks so funny! I have some of photos of me. I will sent you some. ok? Thanks, Vilma!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.