Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy Meal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert

Grated duck - was tasty, but badly presented
Proper crockery would make a huge difference here.

And the second service looks awful. For comparison, the second meal on AA for a recent CDG-ORD was an Asian noodle salad with a small bottle of dressing, packaged breadsticks, and a pot de crme, all served in real dishes. How can a French Airline get away with a bag of gas station food?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by CJ99
Proper crockery would make a huge difference here.

And the second service looks awful. For comparison, the second meal on AA for a recent CDG-ORD was an Asian noodle salad with a small bottle of dressing, packaged breadsticks, and a pot de crme, all served in real dishes. How can a French Airline get away with a bag of gas station food?
Fully agreed.. very clearly lots of cost cutting happening. Even Delta PE which used to be as good as it goes for PE has gone downhill like crazy. Sadly the price of the ticket has gone the other way.

Cheers!
boss315 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Im pleased to announce that even on their longest flights to SIN, Tokyo etc that junk food galore box is all you get for your second meal after 12-13h

AF setting the new low standard in peasant class - stuff/overload our poor passengers with a bunch of cheap junk food snack box items and hope theyll get fullwin win.

That apple pure thing they give in the second meal
box looks more suitable for my 3 yo niece.
CJ99 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Correct me if wrong but that wine they serve with the PE meal looks like the short haul Y miniatures, not the J variant.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Correct me if wrong but that wine they serve with the PE meal looks like the short haul Y miniatures, not the J variant.
yes, it is the Y wine. Most of the W meal is the Y one.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: FB
Flew Y in June, and we got the PE meal. I got the impression the first meal was the Y meal with a nicer side. To the second meal, my wife said "I can't believe they're feeding us baby food!"
I flew Y yesterday out of CDG (TATL) and the catering was the same as in the picture above, but I got the Y meal. To my eyes:
Except for bread and cheese, all the elements of the PE meal are mild upgrades. I believe the red wine I got was a cheaper little bottle. The second meal is identical in composition and in being an abomination.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by BubbaX
Flew Y in June, and we got the PE meal. I got the impression the first meal was the Y meal with a nicer side. To the second meal, my wife said "I can't believe they're feeding us baby food!"
I flew Y yesterday out of CDG (TATL) and the catering was the same as in the picture above, but I got the Y meal. To my eyes:
Except for bread and cheese, all the elements of the PE meal are mild upgrades. I believe the red wine I got was a cheaper little bottle. The second meal is identical in composition and in being an abomination.
Yes, sadly it is really from F&B point of view, PE on AF is nothing to shout about. KLM (at least for now) and BA are so much more superior in PE offerings of AF. Seats are also so much better compared to the still majority AF planes with the fixed shell.
I will from now on try and see if I can shift to BA if possible for my work travels (dictate by my company's travel policy to use KLM and partners) also now that I have more then sufficient XP's to reach LTP for the coming years (hoping no change in requirements).

Cheers!
boss315 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
DTW-CDG. 1 September…sorry no pictures. Besides the 777-200 being shopworn and horribly uncomfortable in PE, the food resembled hog slop…some kind of rice or couscous, not sure….inedible! The breakfast box was so stale…again, inedible!

CDG-DXB: 2 September: what a difference catering our France makes! The duck pie was tasty…the pasta salad fresh, as was the bread. Dessert was the slimy cheesecake(?) thing. The pre-landing would embarrass a gas station or 7-11….cheese spread/cucumber sandwich, some yogurt drink and a Madeline.

The lack of any drink service or snacks for PE is inexcusable, especially at fares that would’ve been equivalent to J not long ago!

cost cutting at AF is making PE almost as unsavory as Y.
CJ99, nldogbert, Xandrios and 1 others like this.

Last edited by boss315; Sep 3, 2023 at 1:23 am
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:04 am

Af73: Lax-cdg

Another terrible presentation of meal in PE - taste was ok. It was some haddock fish meal. Before landing breakfast was the same as eco - the usual processed crapped food in that little bag.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
We flew PE from CDG to LAX in the spring. We had flown Jto CDG and had a nice flight and fine food. Its a day flight and I I was not going to sleep so we figured. Lets the Premium economy and see how that works. Its a small cabin and the was more room so we thought we would try it. . The service was poor and food was just basic economy food and service. I was to say the least very disappointed.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Just returned from a PE trip to central Afrika on the B777-200. What a terrible seat. If you have any kind of back or neck issues do yourself a favour and book business (or even economy).

Flight was about 6hrs, stay-on-board stop, and another short 1 hour flight. In total probably 9 hours for the outbound flight, 6 hours for the direct return flight. Only the main meal was served, no second meal prior to arrival. On the return they did come round with coffee, tea or water...almost 90 minutes prior to arrival. Terrible for sleeping considering its a night flight of 6 hours length.

Duck pie ex-CDG, not terrible. Not great either. And why do they serve champagne in these plastic cups when there is a glass on the tray..

Return to CDG they initially served us an economy meal. After inquiring about why we did not receive a PE meal (Sitting in PE) the meals were exchanged. The mains was much worse compared to the outbound, the chicken and sauce was pretty tasteless. Bread literally a mix between a rock and chewing gum - cold, tough and chewy. Vegetable appetiser was okay.

The chocolate cake is good, I believe it's similar or the same to the one served in European C class.
Maestro Ramen and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.