Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATLCDG
Content from on.the.bowery

In 2024, customers will find La Premiere on to 11 destinations.

La Premiere is available if you are flying to Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New-York City (JFK), Washington DC, Miami, Abidjan, Singapore, Mexico City*, Sao Paulo and Dubai.

*Please note that Air France will discontinue the La Premiere service on the Mexico City (MEX) route on the 31st of March.

In 2024, you will find La Premiere on the following flights :

(All flights are in / out of Paris CDG. Exact timing varies during the year. These times are based on departures and arrivals in the month of May or August (middle of 2024)).

From Paris to New York City (JFK) :
AF4 10:30 - 12:45
AF6 13:30 - 15:50
AF8 16:30 - 18:50 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF10 18:30 - 20:40 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)
From New York City (JFK) to Paris :
AF1 16:30 - 05:55+1
AF5 18:30 - 08:05+1
AF7 21:30 - 11:05+1 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF9 23:15 - 12:40+1 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)

From Paris to Los Angeles (LAX) :
AF20 08:45 - 11:25 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF22 10:40 - 13:05
AF24 13:30 - 16:05
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris :
AF21 13:40 - 09:20+1 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF23 15:20 - 11:15+1
AF25 18:30 - 14:20+1

From Paris to San Francisco (SFO) :
AF84 10:15 - 12:45
From San Francisco (SFO) to Paris :
AF83 15:00 - 10:50+1

From Paris to Abidjan (ABJ) :
AF702 14:35 - 18:55
From Abidjan (ABJ) to Paris :
AF703 21:30 - 05:55+1

From Paris to Singapore (SIN) :
AF256 21:15 - 16:30+1
From Singapore (SIN) to Paris :
AF257 22:30 - 06:10+1

From Paris to Miami (MIA) :
AF90 14:05 - 17:55
From Miami (MIA) to Paris :
AF99 20:15 - 11:15+1

From Paris to Tokyo Haneda (HND) :
AF274 22:00 - 18:30+1
From Tokyo Haneda (HND) to Paris :
AF293 00:05 - 07:55

From Paris to Washington (IAD) :
AF54 14:00 - 16:21
From Washington (IAD) to Paris :
AF55 18:45 - 08:05+1

From Paris to Sao Paulo (GRU) :
AF460 10:10 - 16:45
From Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris :
AF459 18:55 - 11:05+1

From Paris to Dubai (DXB) :
AF662 13:45 - 22:25
From Dubai (DXB) to Paris :
AF655 00:40 - 06:00

From Paris to Mexico City (MEX) :
AF178 11:35 - 16:55 (ends in March)
From Mexico City (MEX) to Paris :
AF179 19:55 - 14:35+1 (ends in March)

Previously this travel class was available on the 772 too.

These flights are operated by a fleet of 19 specific 777-300ER (F-GSQA/B/C/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/U/V/Y and F-GZNA/B/C/D, and E)

Other routes that previously operated La Premiere service but are now terminated (as P service) included Osaka, Lagos, Beijing, Atlanta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chicago, Houston, Montreal and Johannesburg. (Or even the overnight flight to Sao Paulo for example.)

Print Wikipost

AF « La Première » Outlook

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:37 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by ofj
As much as I love Flying Blue and AF in particular, when it comes to F - NH, EY, SQ (not to mention the new JL/EK products) might want to have a word about that
Definitely agree and I really like as well LX F product

I'm just joking about as very often, AF describes its P product as the best one without even knowing what's the competition offer
milesaddict and ofj like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:38 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Definitely agree and I really like as well LX F product

I'm just joking about as very often, AF describes its P product as the best one without even knowing what's the competition offer
yes - I get you! The LP ground service is definitely fantastic; up in the air, it's one of the top as well. They do need a refresh eventually; some of the seats are broken or have panel surfaces peeling off.....
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just stopped by the LAX check-in counter and was told new LAX lounge will open in May “for sure”. Agent said that they are hiring staff and seemed very confident. We’ll see. It is LAX and AF.
ebayj, Goldorak and Bullspread like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just stopped by the LAX check-in counter and was told new LAX lounge will open in May “for sure”. Agent said that they are hiring staff and seemed very confident. We’ll see. It is LAX and AF.
The new AF lounge would be avail on any Sky Team airline if flying in J? No one will go to the KAL lounge anymore.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Due to fare policy, it is now some amount a time I do not fly La Première anymore. I can read in several FB forums some negative comments on cleanliness (surprising !) of LP seats, and also about the fact some components of the seats may be tired, worn or worse out of order.

is it something you have noticed ?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by Jean97
Due to fare policy, it is now some amount a time I do not fly La Première anymore. I can read in several FB forums some negative comments on cleanliness (surprising !) of LP seats, and also about the fact some components of the seats may be tired, worn or worse out of order.

Yes.

Here, I'll quote myself: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35226439-post1853.html

That's just for starters; I've encountered worse problems with the hardware in LP as well.
Jean97 and ofj like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Jean97

I think that I have had a hard product technical issue on almost 100% every LP flight I have ever taken. Issues have included:

-Seat is broken (identified as an issue prior to takeoff) and my seat is changed (fortunately, this has always happened when the cabin was not completely full).
-Broken window shades (some or all don't go up or go down) - this was funny one time because they made a really big deal about it and moved me but in the end the entire flight was in the dark so didn't really matter in the end
-Seat that will recline, but can't be brought back up and have to relocate for landing (again, this has happened only when the cabin wasn't completely full, so it wasn't that big of a deal)
-Broken IFE, broken wifi, broken aisle partition
-Tape holding everything together, usually in the bathrooms and the storage compartments

It's amazing how much we love this product given its age and issues, but yes, in summary these cabins are in dire need of a refresh!
Jean97 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:50 pm

When is New LaPremiere Cabin Going into Service?

Air France is not saying anything specific yet about when their newly renovated LaPremiere Cabin will be going into service.
Does anybody here know?
It is frustrating because it would be nice to book a ticket now - even if it means planning a trip for 11 months from now.

The longer seating space seems pointless to me. I'd much rather have a 6" wider bed area (if they are only going to be offering 3 seats instead of the current 4 seats,
and a 4" thick mattress pad added to the seat once it is in lie flat position, for sleeping comfort.
Plus it would be nice if the A/C actually worked and the cabin was kept at 18 degrees - instead of how hot it was when we flew in 2017 and 2018.
With more humidity in the cabin, and 90% fresh oxygen and only 10% recycled, turned over every 2 minutes, hence less jet lag.
Yeah, I dream a lot...
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:55 pm

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Originally Posted by Samuel Hotchkiss
I think that I have had a hard product technical issue on almost 100% every LP flight I have ever taken. Issues have included:

-Seat is broken (identified as an issue prior to takeoff) and my seat is changed (fortunately, this has always happened when the cabin was not completely full).
-Broken window shades (some or all don't go up or go down) - this was funny one time because they made a really big deal about it and moved me but in the end the entire flight was in the dark so didn't really matter in the end
-Seat that will recline, but can't be brought back up and have to relocate for landing (again, this has happened only when the cabin wasn't completely full, so it wasn't that big of a deal)
-Broken IFE, broken wifi, broken aisle partition
-Tape holding everything together, usually in the bathrooms and the storage compartments

It's amazing how much we love this product given its age and issues, but yes, in summary these cabins are in dire need of a refresh!
So, I will continue with other airlines, as for 14000 € I could expect better hard ( and soft also) product 😢
Bullspread and pdeut like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Plat
Quick data point of the perverse effects of this thread: happy to report I have just booked my first flight in P (award).
Had to call the PSL line as I wanted to book the intra-Europe leg on one day, overnight layover in Paris (where I am based), and departure the next evening (23h25min layover) to enjoy a full day in the P lounge!

The careful agent could not book it at first, but escalate the case and call me back about 10 minutes later. Price in miles was as expected (same as the same-day connection offered online) and taxes a few € more than the same-day connection which I can't explain myself (it seems to be taxes and not a booking fee) but not a big deal.

Now about a month-and-a-half to hop up and down before departure... very looking forward to it... and it should let enough time to mentally and physically prepare for that!
I would have expected more transparency on all the possible services, but figure out that I have to dig myself this thread... well, isn't it part of the exclusive experience?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Huh?

Originally Posted by Porcepic
I would have expected more transparency on all the possible services...
What does that even mean? Are the services hidden from you? Do you not understand what the LP services are?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
What does that even mean? Are the services hidden from you? Do you not understand what the LP services are?
OP might be saying the spa menu is not proactively offered in advance, etc.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat
That is an example. VIP service in AMS is another one, more substantial, I have randomly discovered while browsing this forum.
Car transfer options offered during my overnight layover is still unclear, but I think this is not how it works with La Première : it may actually be all about asking (or not having to) and letting the magic happen. I am not used to yet, but will certainly enjoy it!
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:24 pm

Quick data point of the perverse effects of this thread: happy to report I have just booked my first flight in P (award).
Had to call the PSL line as I wanted to book the intra-Europe leg on one day, overnight layover in Paris (where I am based), and departure the next evening (23h25min layover) to enjoy a full day in the P lounge!

The careful agent could not book it at first, but escalate the case and call me back about 10 minutes later. Price in miles was as expected (same as the same-day connection offered online) and taxes a few € more than the same-day connection which I can't explain myself (it seems to be taxes and not a booking fee) but not a big deal.

Now about a month-and-a-half to hop up and down before departure... very looking forward to it... and it should let enough time to mentally and physically prepare for that!
I would have expected more transparency on all the possible services, but figure out that I have to dig myself this thread... well, isn't it part of the exclusive experience?
Enjoy LP. It’s great. It sounds like a bucket list item for you and you can entertain yourself reading this thread for the next month and a half before your flight.

In terms of the “transparency point”, LP is meant as a luxury service to get you from point A to B. It’s also not a mass consumption service. The intricacies of the spa menu, the lounge menu, etc. aren’t the focus of most passengers. The AF site covers what’s reasonably relevant for their clientele. Could they post some of the details, sure, but it’s really not the how they and most LP flyers look at it. And if they did, what would FT do…
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
That is an example. VIP service in AMS is another one, more substantial, I have randomly discovered while browsing this forum!.
Could you please point me to this topic? I asked a few weeks ago here and from what I understood, nothing extra special is offered at AMS when departing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.