Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
So train controllers say that they are not policemen and refuse to control people's IDs (thus making it easy for anyone to use somebody else's sanitary pass). But they have no trouble playing police and making sure people don't eat and drink. Absurd.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
So train controllers say that they are not policemen and refuse to control people's IDs (thus making it easy for anyone to use somebody else's sanitary pass). But they have no trouble playing police and making sure people don't eat and drink. Absurd.
Were you expecting something different from them ?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Were you expecting something different from them ?
Of course I was.

given that they shun every bit of additional workload I would have expected them to refuse policing passengers.

And then, when being asked by the Minister and by the SNCF management to still monitor the no-eating rule, I would have expected them to go on strike for five days. After all, it’s already been more than two weeks that they haven’t gone on strike, so it’s urgent to find a new reason to get out the red flags and megaphones.
Goldorak and feederflight like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
What is the situation now in intra-Euro flights - wine is offered but no champagne? Why so?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by remymartin
What is the situation now in intra-Euro flights - wine is offered but no champagne? Why so?
Just flew from BCN to CDG in J (operated by HOP) and there was champagne
Bullspread likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Just flew from BCN to CDG in J (operated by HOP) and there was champagne
I am told CDG to HEL didn’t have any two days ago. This route is always op by AF. Catering forgot to load, then?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite

currently on AF480, new champagne on board
blairvanhorn and LHKE like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:47 am

AF made me truly angry last week on an AF480 from CDG to LIM. 50% LF in J. Service for lunch as usual, although the appetiser keeps coming again and again, the main was pretty lovely veal meal. New champagne on board is disgrace, almost on level of Duval-Leroy, I can hardly understand who else should have quality in J. Spoiler - I love Pommery for its value, you cant simply say it is not suitable for intl J. Weird things started as we were approaching South America. This is 12 hour flight and with still 5-6 hours to go most people's body clock on a plane it is dinner. Hungry looks in J for something else than nuts made the purser to go find something and she came with these sandwiches. Even my father who was travelling with me for his last wish to see Machu Picchu had to laugh about that and he is far away from bon vivant. At this point I already made a purser know (she was really caring about us and I think I was the only Plat in cabin, her deduction was great tbh) that this is kinda silly but her excuse was that this is because of covid and interaction with passengers. At this point my symphaties for her went a little downhill and we decided to go back where we started. In a back galley eco crew with lovely smiles and enthusiasm providing eco pax with cheese, chocolate dessert and bulgur. They did not know we came from J and after serving were quiet surprised what are we doing there because we should have everything in J. She even apologised for not being able to give us some bread as this is stored in J galley. I mean, eco pax get better snack than high (not saying we pay outrageous amount from BER to LIM) J passengers? I am still not sure if I should raise this up or just make sure the lovely economy crew get its feedback.

Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by 747jetter
New champagne on board is disgrace, almost on level of Duval-Leroy, I can hardly understand who else should have quality in J. Spoiler - I love Pommery for its value, you cant simply say it is not suitable for intl J.
Well, wine is a question of personal taste, that's for sure. While I do like Pommery (indeed, good value), Gosset is one of my favorite Champagnes (and I am a big Champagne drinker). I think it's a great choice for J. As for your catering CDG-LIM, that is very strange; all long-haul day flights ex-CDG have, in my experience, a second meal service in J a few hours before landing ... even during Covid-19 (two recent flights CDG-SFO in Sept. and Nov. confirm this).
af fp and remymartin like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Well, wine is a question of personal taste, that's for sure. While I do like Pommery (indeed, good value), Gosset is one of my favorite Champagnes (and I am a big Champagne drinker). I think it's a great choice for J. As for your catering CDG-LIM, that is very strange; all long-haul day flights ex-CDG have, in my experience, a second meal service in J a few hours before landing ... even during Covid-19 (two recent flights CDG-SFO in Sept. and Nov. confirm this).
Agree on wine taste. I consider myself as heavy champagne drinker but tbh Gosset isn’t my favorite at all. To be clear, there was second service before arrival, with that horrible chicken fillet covered in its skin. I am telling about ANYTIME SNACK that in J it was nuts because of COVID meanwhile eco looked more than good.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Agree on wine taste. I consider myself as heavy champagne drinker but tbh Gosset isn’t my favorite at all. To be clear, there was second service before arrival, with that horrible chicken fillet covered in its skin. I am telling about ANYTIME SNACK that in J it was nuts because of COVID meanwhile eco looked more than good.
You didn't like this premium snack? I'm glad the AF finally copied something delicious from the KL menu, stale bread with a half slice of cheese (probably vegan type).
Ambtenaruh likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by westi2002
You didn't like this premium snack? I'm glad the AF finally copied something delicious from the KL menu, stale bread with a half slice of cheese (probably vegan type).
You know, I think I'd accept it and blame unions for this in my head. It would not even come to my mind write a feedback about it. What really made me angry was purser that came to me like I was royalty and welcomed me on board in Paris and if I need anything please let me know, at this time I thought this is another wonderful flight with AF and even the male crew members would have rather been at home, the lunch service was fine and then mid flight she made some ........ covid excuse, then finding some sandwiches (I even wrote that abandoned dog outside of Lima airport would not eat it) with Hello look what I have found for you like it is caviar in LP....and then walking myself to economy to see smiling crew giving out fine bulgur, chocolate dessert, cheese...and even told us get a bread in J galley as it is stocked there. The J crew did not even seem bothered or surprised that we had some snack with wood fork and knife. So business walks in covid but not in eco? I barely understand PDB not served but it is what it is and I take it but this is different.
westi2002 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF made me truly angry last week on an AF480 from CDG to LIM. 50% LF in J. Service for lunch as usual, although the appetiser keeps coming again and again, the main was pretty lovely veal meal. New champagne on board is disgrace, almost on level of Duval-Leroy, I can hardly understand who else should have quality in J. Spoiler - I love Pommery for its value, you cant simply say it is not suitable for intl J. Weird things started as we were approaching South America. This is 12 hour flight and with still 5-6 hours to go most people's body clock on a plane it is dinner. Hungry looks in J for something else than nuts made the purser to go find something and she came with these sandwiches. Even my father who was travelling with me for his last wish to see Machu Picchu had to laugh about that and he is far away from bon vivant. At this point I already made a purser know (she was really caring about us and I think I was the only Plat in cabin, her deduction was great tbh) that this is kinda silly but her excuse was that this is because of covid and interaction with passengers. At this point my symphaties for her went a little downhill and we decided to go back where we started. In a back galley eco crew with lovely smiles and enthusiasm providing eco pax with cheese, chocolate dessert and bulgur. They did not know we came from J and after serving were quiet surprised what are we doing there because we should have everything in J. She even apologised for not being able to give us some bread as this is stored in J galley. I mean, eco pax get better snack than high (not saying we pay outrageous amount from BER to LIM) J passengers? I am still not sure if I should raise this up or just make sure the lovely economy crew get its feedback.

You know, I think I'd accept it and blame unions for this in my head. It would not even come to my mind write a feedback about it. What really made me angry was purser that came to me like I was royalty and welcomed me on board in Paris and if I need anything please let me know, at this time I thought this is another wonderful flight with AF and even the male crew members would have rather been at home, the lunch service was fine and then mid flight she made some ........ covid excuse, then finding some sandwiches (I even wrote that abandoned dog outside of Lima airport would not eat it) with Hello look what I have found for you like it is caviar in LP....and then walking myself to economy to see smiling crew giving out fine bulgur, chocolate dessert, cheese...and even told us get a bread in J galley as it is stocked there. The J crew did not even seem bothered or surprised that we had some snack with wood fork and knife. So business walks in covid but not in eco? I barely understand PDB not served but it is what it is and I take it but this is different.
I am really speechless . Do you remember what was mentioned in the printed menu for the 2nd meal ?
My last long haul was to ATL during the last days of 2021 and the 2nd meal was as usual (with hot dish as it is a long flight).
You should definitely write (complain). They need to get their ops right and stop this madness. I have a friend yesterday who was in J on a flight from Spain to CDG leaving very early and what they got in J was just a biscuit .
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am really speechless . Do you remember what was mentioned in the printed menu for the 2nd meal ?
My last long haul was to ATL during the last days of 2021 and the 2nd meal was as usual (with hot dish as it is a long flight).
You should definitely write (complain). They need to get their ops right and stop this madness. I have a friend yesterday who was in J on a flight from Spain to CDG leaving very early and what they got in J was just a biscuit .
Printed menu said anytime snack = something like ask our crew in galley for gourmet snacks or something like that. Dont have exact picture of that menu side. But we got the usual pre-landing meal, that was vegetarian option or chicken (spoiler, with skin) with bulgur. I had it late NOV on my way to LAX so perhaps you had it too to ATL. I just do not understand the mid flight or anytime snack as business gets nuts, covid excuse, and eco is speechless service in good way (imho, I am lucky I have not been in Y on long haul for years). I wrote in already a great feedback of my KLM purser's on BER-AMS-CDG, reply was in after an hour, this is still waiting feedback back to me. I do have CDG-BER and BCN-CDG (op by Hop) in coming days so we will see what the service is like on these flights, as KLM was just great (except the wood fork and knife, I can't really do it )
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Printed menu said anytime snack = something like ask our crew in galley for gourmet snacks or something like that. Dont have exact picture of that menu side. But we got the usual pre-landing meal, that was vegetarian option or chicken (spoiler, with skin) with bulgur. I had it late NOV on my way to LAX so perhaps you had it too to ATL. I just do not understand the mid flight or anytime snack as business gets nuts, covid excuse, and eco is speechless service in good way (imho, I am lucky I have not been in Y on long haul for years). I wrote in already a great feedback of my KLM purser's on BER-AMS-CDG, reply was in after an hour, this is still waiting feedback back to me. I do have CDG-BER and BCN-CDG (op by Hop) in coming days so we will see what the service is like on these flights, as KLM was just great (except the wood fork and knife, I can't really do it )
Ah sorry but I totally misunderstood your post. I understood that the 2nd meal was replaced by Y sandwiches. If you are just talking about the in-between snacks, that's 's not so important IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.