Search

Abusing Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
... and this is true for *all* lounges, including Salon P
Unfortunately having money, or high rank at the office, does not bring class. Being humble is learned from the environment where one grew up, and does not really seem to be something that can be picked up at a later age. So people like this can be found at any place or walk of life.

There are few things that I get bothered by more than arrogance. For example people that start talking on handsfree in an otherwise quiet lounge. Or when at an outstation it happens every now and then that people think that nobody will understand what they are saying...I can't count the times that I've heard Dutch people (often business pax) talk in Dutch at the ATH lounge being derogative or even racist to the country or people there. Including about lounge staff (Who by the way are lovely girls always going out of their way to help pax with whatever).

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 1, 2019 at 4:15 am
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
That's a terrible behavior!!

I saw once on the AF Lounge at the 2E Hall L at 10 am an american lady filling up a cooler with champagne....She poured 6 glasses....How classy isn't?

And I do agree with the fact that money doesn't give you well manners, education and/or class...

There is a lot of people out there without any sense of education and this is increasing more and more these days.

Alex
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
Sometimes I’ll grab a drink from the bar and take it to the plane in a to-go cup.
Taking alcohol out in an open container would be illegal in some jurisdictions. It could also cause the lounge to lose its license to provide alcohol.

ADDED: It's sad to see champagne go to waste when it goes flat after being stolen, or maybe worse, consumed by someone who doesn't know or cannot tell the difference.
In2ishn and AlexBelt like this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 7, 2019 at 3:06 pm
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
In CDG 2E K lounge I once saw a young couple filling coke bottles with cognac. They went to the bar filling 5-6 glasses and then went to their table to fill their bottles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.