Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business class seats on 777-200 Air France

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2023, 8:54 am

Question about the mini J cabin (rows 10 to 12) as I haven't flown the 777-200 in ages: is the galley for premium economy in front of the mini J cabin, or is it in the back? Reason is that it's a red eye flight and I'm trying to find seats where I won't have a flight attendant walking by every 2 minutes. Seat map for my flight is wide open so I can also pick something in the main J cabin in the front. Thank you!
Old May 12, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Klems
Question about the mini J cabin (rows 10 to 12) as I haven't flown the 777-200 in ages: is the galley for premium economy in front of the mini J cabin, or is it in the back? Reason is that it's a red eye flight and I'm trying to find seats where I won't have a flight attendant walking by every 2 minutes. Seat map for my flight is wide open so I can also pick something in the main J cabin in the front. Thank you!

Personally I would pick the main cabin. Sometimes the Prem-econ come up to use the washrooms and it seems to escalate to conflict at times.
Klems likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just booked a flight on this plane in J for the first time. Flying with my wife so looking at the center section, I typically go for row 1 when available (it is) unless there are reports of light and noise issue.

Seems like I should be fine? Other option is row 3 or back in the mini cabin.

This is the YYZ - CDG 615pm flight so my ideal would be to get my food early, get a little tired after a glass of wine, and be reclined into sleeping mode ASAP
Old Aug 11, 2023, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Just booked a flight on this plane in J for the first time. I typically go for row 1 when available (it is) unless there are reports of light and noise issue.

Seems like I should be fine? Other option is row 3 or back in the mini cabin.
Hello,

Both row 1 or 3 are very good options and you will not be disturbed by sounds.

On AF351, the J dinner service is mainly prepared and trays are set up in the galley between door L2 and R2, behind row 7.

You will also be given earplugs in the amenity kit.

So don't worry, the only noise you have to worry about is the one from the two GE90-90B2 engines, that will shake you in your deepest dreams.

The 40 J 777-200ER cabin feels smaller and more intimate, and every seat is comfortable and private. Unless you're sitting next to a kid watching Peppa pig on their iPad.

I usually don't go for the mini cabin because it's closer to the "Family Friendly" rows of economy with baby bassinets, and it's also where baby bassinets would be more likely to be located in that J cabin (row 10). Even if infant on lap could potentially be seated in row 1 too. (I think I saw a kid on his mother's lap in 1F two weeks ago on F-GSPL. Not sure.)

Dinner will be served at the same time for everybody. AF have different service protocols for different flight lengths. On this one you will be served drinks 50 minutes after take off, and dinner will be served 75 minutes after take off (somewhere over Quebec City). Lights will be turned on again 90 minutes before landing (just before flying above Ireland) and you will be served breakfast 60 minutes before landing (sometimes earlier, if the CCP woke up from the pied left). But don't forget to tell the crew that you wish to skip breakfast and sleep longer.

You can also eat at the lounge and skip dinner onboard (recommended on very early TATL departures.) It's not the best lounge, but they have good Thai Chicken, aye.

Enjoy your flight !
Duke787 likes this.

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Aug 11, 2023 at 11:03 pm
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Do I read it correct that the 40 J 777-200ER cabin has no better foot space on the bulkhead seats and all are the same?
Also middle seats have same space as window seats?

Merci

Last edited by Atlantico; Jan 5, 2024 at 4:01 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Do I read it correct that the 40 J 777-200ER cabin has no better foot space on the bulkhead seats and all are the same?
Also middle seats have same space as window seats?
You are correct. AF also tends to use heavy curtains between the J cabin and the galley, so galley noise/light isn't that much of a consideration either.
Atlantico likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:48 pm

Presently in 6A for a flight on Tuesday. Entire front cabin full.

10A/L available, cabin ¾ empty presently.

Thoughts on the back mini-cabin?

Thank you
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
I'm scheduled on AF334 CDG-BOS on March 19th and it looks like we got swapped from a 777-300ER with the newest product to the new 28J 32W product on a 777-200. Currently seated in 1L, does anybody have any insights on what I can expect in terms of hard product change? I know the door is gone, is this just the same seat as the 777-200? AF website says "The New Business Class Seat" but I can't seem to find any pictures of the interior of this new config.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LZH98
I'm scheduled on AF334 CDG-BOS on March 19th and it looks like we got swapped from a 777-300ER with the newest product to the new 28J 32W product on a 777-200. Currently seated in 1L, does anybody have any insights on what I can expect in terms of hard product change? I know the door is gone, is this just the same seat as the 777-200? AF website says "The New Business Class Seat" but I can't seem to find any pictures of the interior of this new config.
none of the 777-200 have been retrofitted or in the process of being so. March 19 is very close and they will for sure not have updated a single 777-200 with the new cabins by then. I am starting to doubt this 777-200 retrofit is really happening soon.
You can follow updates on this thread. There has been no updates on 777-200 for a while now.

updated information about new J seats deployments and other information
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Hmmm, interesting. Seatmap is showing the new layout but if that's not actually going to stick, who knows.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:51 pm

AFAIK, the door, the IFE, BT connection and wireless charger are the only differences. They both have BEST seats.
Seat-wise, given the age, the 772 is likely to have more worn seats.

They both have 1-2-1 reverse herringbone layout but different number of rows (seats).
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat
I'm scheduled on AF334 CDG-BOS on March 19th and it looks like we got swapped from a 777-300ER with the newest product to the new 28J 32W product on a 777-200.
Same thing with several of my upcoming flights.
AF65 (now AF23) LAX-CDG (late April and mid-May)
AF66 (now AF22) CDG-LAX
Both were B77W, now they're 772 with C28 W32.

AF70 (now (AF20) CDG-LAX
Was A359, now changed to 772 (again with C28 W32)

So, I share your surprise, and immediately wondered about the 772's J seats when I discovered the equipment swaps.

Originally Posted by newflyer27
none of the 777-200 have been retrofitted or in the process of being so.
Whoa, I thought the seats (aside from cabin layout) were all retrofitted. That's according to the Jan 17th update to the wikipost at the beginning of [[i]updated information about new J seats deployments and other information] thread which states, "B772, 21 planes. All B772 are already retrofitted with the BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat)..."
updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Originally Posted by jondo
AFAIK, the door, the IFE, BT connection and wireless charger are the only differences. They both have BEST seats.
As above, that's also my understanding.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by paris1000
Same thing with several of my upcoming flights.

AF23 / AF22 late April and mid-May. Both were B77W, now they're 772 with C28 W32.

AF20 CDG-LAX A350 now changed to 772.

I thought the seats (aside from cabin layout) were all retrofitted.
Hello,

If your flight is operated on a 772, your seat will be a cirrus seat cabin BEST. There is no visual difference with the cabins you were going to find on a 4-class 77W, that were retrofitted with BEST cabins from 2014.

The retrofit program named OPTIMISE for the 772 were only concerning the layout to be reconfigured to harmonise the number of seats but the seat types are not changing, it remains BEST. (Not to be confused with the 77W retrofit.)

On another note, you seem to be very unlucky as this specific flight is usually operated with a 4-class 77W because of the P product.

For the month of April only it seems that this flight is operated with a different aircraft type ONLY 1 day out of that entire calendar month ! On the 22nd of April, on a 772. (Which clearly could be changed to 77W later due to P product.)

I guess superstars don’t fly on the 22nd of April.

In May yes, AF20 seems to switch from A350 to 772 on the 4th, the 6th, the 9th, the 11th, the 20th, the 23rd and the 30th. But the product offered onboard is still great. I personally prefer 772 BEST over 350 OPTIMA but of course love the new cabin on either 350 or 77W and understand the eventual related disappointment. But the difference is more visual and in the gimmicks than in the overall space and comfort.

If you are desperate to fly on an A350 and your booking is flexible, you can log into your booking and select « change my flight » and pick AF26 instead of AF20 if available on the same day for the same price.

At least you’re not on an A330 or on a NEV4 and I’m sure your flights will be great ! Enjoy AF !

(If you are curious about what a seat looks like on a specific aircraft type you can always check Flight Report that has many photographic exemples of B772 best cabins. Also available in English. But more reports of AF in French.)
paris1000 and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:33 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by on.the.bowery
If your flight is operated on a 772, your seat will be a cirrus seat cabin BEST. There is no visual difference with the cabins you were going to find on a 4-class 77W, that were retrofitted with BEST cabins from 2014.
Got it, and much thanks. It's the same Cirrus seat after the retrofits -- that's what I wondering since it's been a long time since I've been on the 772, as I usually take the 77W (AF65) three or four times yearly.

On another note, you seem to be very unlucky as this specific flight is usually operated with a 4-class 77W because of the P product. For the month of April only it seems that this flight is operated with a different aircraft type ONLY 1 day out of that entire calendar month ! On the 22nd of April, on a 772. (Which clearly could be changed to 77W later due to P product.)

I guess superstars don’t fly on the 22nd of April.
Yep, that's it. 22nd of April. I think P out of LAX is a big deal, so it seems likely the equipment could change back.

In May yes, AF20 seems to switch from A350 to 772 on the 4th, the 6th, the 9th, the 11th, the 20th, the 23rd and the 30th. But the product offered onboard is still great. I personally prefer 772 BEST over 350 OPTIMA but of course love the new cabin on either 350 or 77W and understand the eventual related disappointment. But the difference is more visual and in the gimmicks than in the overall space and comfort.
Yep, 4th of May, on the 8:45 am departure (CDG-LAX). The 10:40 am AF22 is currently a 77W, and I haven't called PSL but the price on the website is double what I paid six months ago. And my wife is with me that flight on an award ticket, so that would also have to be changed and probably for a lot more miles. So, it's just not worth it since it's the same seat, and who knows what further equipment changes might take place on either flight. And I'm pretty certain we wouldn't do the P upgrade at check-in on that trip should it be offered on the 77W.

At least you’re not on an A330
Funny you should mention that. A330 -- wouldn't book it. But a couple of times for timing reasons I've taken the A339 CDG-SLC which then has more connections to my home in SAN. That larger Delta One suite, and DL's premium check-in at LAX T3 (if taking their 359 LAX-CDG), makes me seriously consider taking those flights more often if I weren't concerned about missing out on the UXP (and with the latest changes I shouldn't be concerned about UXP, but that's for another thread).

Thanks for the reminder about flight-report.com.
on.the.bowery likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by paris1000
A330 -- wouldn't book it. But a couple of times for timing reasons I've taken the A339 CDG-SLC which then has more connections to my home in SAN.
I meant AF* A330s, where not all seats have direct aisle access. (But maybe you mean avoiding that too.)

I LOVE DL A339s too ! In all cabins.

And love transiting at SLC, that I find very clean, simple and easy to navigate.

Out of SAN you also potentially have the BA A351 flying daily if I’m correct ? That’s a gorgeous cabin. But that’s a whole different (one) world.

Enjoy your flights ! And please report any aircraft change (hopefully for the better) !
paris1000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.