FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best business class seats on 777-200 Air France
Old Aug 11, 2023, 10:56 pm
on.the.bowery

Originally Posted by Duke787
Just booked a flight on this plane in J for the first time. I typically go for row 1 when available (it is) unless there are reports of light and noise issue.

Seems like I should be fine? Other option is row 3 or back in the mini cabin.
Hello,

Both row 1 or 3 are very good options and you will not be disturbed by sounds.

On AF351, the J dinner service is mainly prepared and trays are set up in the galley between door L2 and R2, behind row 7.

You will also be given earplugs in the amenity kit.

So don't worry, the only noise you have to worry about is the one from the two GE90-90B2 engines, that will shake you in your deepest dreams.

The 40 J 777-200ER cabin feels smaller and more intimate, and every seat is comfortable and private. Unless you're sitting next to a kid watching Peppa pig on their iPad.

I usually don't go for the mini cabin because it's closer to the "Family Friendly" rows of economy with baby bassinets, and it's also where baby bassinets would be more likely to be located in that J cabin (row 10). Even if infant on lap could potentially be seated in row 1 too. (I think I saw a kid on his mother's lap in 1F two weeks ago on F-GSPL. Not sure.)

Dinner will be served at the same time for everybody. AF have different service protocols for different flight lengths. On this one you will be served drinks 50 minutes after take off, and dinner will be served 75 minutes after take off (somewhere over Quebec City). Lights will be turned on again 90 minutes before landing (just before flying above Ireland) and you will be served breakfast 60 minutes before landing (sometimes earlier, if the CCP woke up from the pied left). But don't forget to tell the crew that you wish to skip breakfast and sleep longer.

You can also eat at the lounge and skip dinner onboard (recommended on very early TATL departures.) It's not the best lounge, but they have good Thai Chicken, aye.

Enjoy your flight !

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Aug 11, 2023 at 11:03 pm