Best business class seats on 777-200 Air France

Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Best business class seats on 777-200 Air France

Hello,

In a few months I will be flying Atlanta to Paris on the 777-200 in business. I cannot decide which one to choose!!

This layout:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ai..._777-200_C.php

Does anyone have any personal reviews regarding any of the business class seats?

There are quite a few options open and I cannot decide. Also that middle section with 12 seats...how is it there?

Thanks in advance.
Albert
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I've flown that configuration a couple of times, both in 2L. It suited me just fine. Some prefer the aft section thinking it's quieter. Horses for courses I guess.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rosensfole
I've flown that configuration a couple of times, both in 2L. It suited me just fine. Some prefer the aft section thinking it's quieter. Horses for courses I guess.
ok great to hear. This will be my first time in this new 777 business class seat, as it looks very nice. Sort of similar to the Delta seats on the A330.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The "new" AF BEST J seat is really excellent. I prefer it to the DL A330/B744 product as it is a bit wider at the shoulders and you have a very convenient storage compartment.
Can I ask you when your flight is, as at the moment this seat is not proposed to ATL. So it's good news to learn that it will be deployed to ATL.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

I am flying December 20th on Air France flight 689 from Atlanta to Paris.

Which seats have you sat in?
I'm debating on choosing that middle section with 12 seats.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I am flying December 20th on Air France flight 689 from Atlanta to Paris.

Which seats have you sat in?
I'm debating on choosing that middle section with 12 seats.
I've flown in the mini-cabin and I did not find anything special about it. Some people will argue that it is "more private" but the BEST seats already give you the privacy feeling. On the contrary, there is a lot of traffic during boarding, as usually door 2L is used. It makes more difficult for the flight attendant to distribute the amenity kits, menus, pre-departure drink, etc as the area gets very crowded.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I've flown in the mini-cabin and I did not find anything special about it. Some people will argue that it is "more private" but the BEST seats already give you the privacy feeling. On the contrary, there is a lot of traffic during boarding, as usually door 2L is used. It makes more difficult for the flight attendant to distribute the amenity kits, menus, pre-departure drink, etc as the area gets very crowded.
Ok thanks for the feedback. I've sat in the middle section on delta's a330 and what you described sounds familiar. I am currently in 4A, so I may just keep that.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I fully agree with you. As I said in another thread on the same subject : the more at the front, the better. You are served more rapidly and you are guaranteed your choice of main course.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Can I ask you when your flight is, as at the moment this seat is not proposed to ATL. So it's good news to learn that it will be deployed to ATL.
I am scheduled for AF689 in late November, also with the BEST seats in J, currently in 5L, hopefully there wont be a last minute equipment change.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by island82
I am scheduled for AF689 in late November, also with the BEST seats in J, currently in 5L, hopefully there wont be a last minute equipment change.
I'm also flying AF689 ATL CDG 11/22. Showing BEST. Currently 4A. Fingers crossed for no last minute changes as well.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by rhg247
I'm also flying AF689 ATL CDG 11/22. Showing BEST. Currently 4A. Fingers crossed for no last minute changes as well.
I was originally on AF9 JFK-CDG, but AF9 is cancelled or rescheduled for my date, so searched for alternative and low and behold saw that AF689 from November onwards has BEST J seats, I switched to that.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by island82
I was originally on AF9 JFK-CDG, but AF9 is cancelled or rescheduled for my date, so searched for alternative and low and behold saw that AF689 from November onwards has BEST J seats, I switched to that.
Question - Does the J product on AF9 consistently fly the new hard product (i.e., full lie-flat)? The reviews seem to indicate so, but SeatGuru seems to list it as an angle flat.

Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Question - Does the J product on AF9 consistently fly the new hard product (i.e., full lie-flat)?
Yes

Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
The reviews seem to indicate so, but SeatGuru seems to list it as an angle flat.
SeatGuru has tons of outdated information.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I fully agree with you. As I said in another thread on the same subject : the more at the front, the better. You are served more rapidly and you are guaranteed your choice of main course.
Does AF observe FEBO in J? If so, in the OP's case, the choice of main course would not be guaranteed since his/her flight is an odd numbered one.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by arkangel
Does AF observe FEBO in J? If so, in the OP's case, the choice of main course would not be guaranteed since his/her flight is an odd numbered one.
pardon my ignorance, but what does FEBO stands for ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.