Wiki Posts
Search

Flying La Premiere first time

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
no, no, no : another 5 to 6 hours !
Well yes... but if you must have a shorter stay then after the long haul is better than the other way around. 6 hours is a bit much though - 4 is optimal (for me anyhow).
Old May 21, 2018, 4:54 am

Totally agree about having a shorter connection on the way home. When I'm going away, I don't actually mind having a connection of 3 or 4 hours. You can get some work done or just relax and not worry as much about missing your your connection flight.
Plus you can spend a few hours looking forward to what's to come on board.
On the way home I'm tired and just want to get home.also don't really look forward to EU business class
Old May 21, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AF doesn't have A333, but A332 and without P
Fat fingers, or rather too much Santenay: I meant A388

Last edited by brunos; May 21, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
If you booked a P flight and the ac is changed to a 77W without P, I hope AF will agree to rebook you on another flight with P free of charge or refund part of the ticket.
SUre, but what there is no flight with P from that destination. Would you like the hassle (and risk) of an additional domestic flight (say to JFK) just to connect to a flight with P?
Old May 21, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me, all I *really* need upon arrival from an eastbound redeye is a shower. Breakfast is a plus, but my sense was that the breakfast in the LaP lounge wasn't particularly exciting. (I mean, it's breakfast). So a short stay on a US-CDG-XXX connection is okay. Though in fact, I'd probably rather save the $ and just fly J eastbound, especially in the flat beds.
I'd rather spend more time in the lounge around lunchtime (same menu as dinner IIRC) when you can have a delicious 3-course meal. And then get that massage to relax you before you have to head back to work. So that's the direction I'd rather have a 3-4 hour connection.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by brunos
SUre, but what there is no flight with P from that destination. Would you like the hassle (and risk) of an additional domestic flight (say to JFK) just to connect to a flight with P?
Not sure, that's why I also mentioned a partial refund
Old May 22, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Not sure, that's why I also mentioned a partial refund
They will allow for partial refund, the question is how much.
I remember being downgraded from F to J because of ac change, by another airline. This was one of two segments on a return F ticket (so 4 segments in total). They claimed that it was a discount F fare at the time and that the J segment would be more expensive if repriced. Needless to say, I was not happy, so they threw in an upgrade voucher..
If the OP takes a SFO-CDG-LHR flight and the SFO-CDG is downgraded, then the refund could be substantial, unless that is for one of those attractive F sales.one of those cheap But it could also be that he OP is looking for awards.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
If the OP takes a SFO-CDG-LHR flight and the SFO-CDG is downgraded, then the refund could be substantial, unless that is for one of those attractive F sales.one of those cheap But it could also be that he OP is looking for awards.
I believe your refund would be 75% of the ticket because of the EU regulations. Should my SFO-CDG-PRG have it's SFO-CDG segment downgraded from P to J because of a/c change then for me it would depend on how rerouting through LAX would look like. SFO/SJC-LAX-CDG-PRG with LAX-CDG in P is still better (even if it's A380 P) than SFO-CDG in J in NEV4.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I believe your refund would be 75% of the ticket because of the EU regulations. Should my SFO-CDG-PRG have it's SFO-CDG segment downgraded from P to J because of a/c change then for me it would depend on how rerouting through LAX would look like. SFO/SJC-LAX-CDG-PRG with LAX-CDG in P is still better (even if it's A380 P) than SFO-CDG in J in NEV4.
Indeed. If you decide to keep the same flight and get downgraded f to J, you should receive 75% of the segment.If you paid the sale fare of $4,000 for SFO-PRG, you could get back a bit more than $1,000 (75% of half the ticket minus the CDG-PRG segment). Like Sjondom, I would choose the LAX rerouting in F rather than the bad NEV4 from SFO plus the refund.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Note to first time La Premiere travellers. If you have multiple legs, and/or departs from another airport you arrived, do not post a trip report - the FT mob might make you read and answers comments over 3 or 4 pages - and yes, I'll last for weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.