Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying La Premiere first time

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Summary of this thread

Provide incomplete information about your travel plans in small trickles and then let thread marinate in a concoction of confusions and misunderstandings.

Imagine if the OP succintly provided all the relevant information in the first post:

1. Booked an itinerary involving a AF premier leg (JFK-CDG) with only $1800 worth of Wells Fargo points.
2. It is only that cheap if it ends in LCY and includes a return from TLV.
3. Actual final destination is the MegaDo. Everything else doesn't matter except for the La Premiere leg.

This thread would've been over in a couple of replies.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by muishkin
This thread would've been over in a couple of replies.
Where'd be the fun in that ;-)
Old May 13, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by Goldorak

so the AF CDG P lounge is your lounge
my favorite lounge and ground service by far yes
Old May 20, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
No more metal luggage tags
Old May 20, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by Seattlite
No more metal luggage tags
What?? I was about to try and get one on my trip at the end of this month to go with my other prized possession ( I know big kid here) of a perspex Concorde one.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:01 am

Would people here say that the ground experience is a big part of flying La Premiere? Thinking about trying it for the first time, but it'd be next year at the earliest. It's a toss up between AF and another carrier at the moment.
My choices are IAD, shorter flight but 4 hour connection in CDG, or SFO, longer flight but only an hour in CDG.
Thinking that maximising time during the connection is best.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dsched
Would people here say that the ground experience is a big part of flying La Premiere? Thinking about trying it for the first time, but it'd be next year at the earliest. It's a toss up between AF and another carrier at the moment.
My choices are IAD, shorter flight but 4 hour connection in CDG, or SFO, longer flight but only an hour in CDG.
Absolutely. 1hr connection in CDG means that you likely won’t even go the lounge. A shame !
dsched likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by dsched
Optimizing would be a better word than maximizing time
I would never want to spend 8 hours in any lounge.
I don't know where you connect to and your arrival time. I find the lounge much ore attractive in the other direction.
I am not a big fan of having to spend a lot of time (say 3 hours) in a lounge after arriving early morning from a short night in the plane and then having another short flight to Europe in uncomfortable short/medium haul business seats.
After a nice shower and a lovely breakfast (that takes an hour), I start to get restless or sleepy. And at any time, 2 hours is the maximum that I can enjoy in a lounge, even the superb P lounge.

Also be aware that if you book a year or 10 months ahead you might have an ac change. It might from a 77W with P to an A388 with P, to a 772 without P, or worse to a 77W without P and with angled J seats.

Last edited by brunos; May 21, 2018 at 8:37 pm Reason: changes A333 to A388
Old May 20, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by brunos
Also be aware that if you book a year or 10 months ahead you might have an ac change. It might from a 77W with P to an A333 with P, to a 772 without P, or worse to a 77W without P and with angled J seats.
If you booked a P flight and the ac is changed to a 77W without P, I hope AF will agree to rebook you on another flight with P free of charge or refund part of the ticket.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
[QUOTE=brunos;29773951]Optimizing would be a better word than maximizing time
. I find the lounge much ore attractive in the other direction.
I am not a big fan of having to spend a lot of time (say 3 hours) in a lounge after arriving early morning from a short night in the plane and then having another short flight to Europe in uncomfortable short/medium haul business seats.
After a nice shower and a lovely breakfast (that takes an hour), I start to get restless or sleepy. And at any time, 2 hours is the maximum that I can enjoy in a lounge, even the superb P lounge.(QUOTE)

My thoughts exactly, more or less an hour. I usually time the outward from LHR to give me a max of 5 hours in the lounge - breakfast, massage, shower,(all the things I could do at the hotel if I bothered to get up early enough) maybe a wander round the shops if I need anything, back for some lunch then off. Returning, it's the showers again, then breakfast then I want to be away to get those biz seats with. But I'll admit that the CDG P lounge is the only one I'd want that amount of time in.

ps - brunos, apologies for getting the format of your quote mixed, fat fingers here.

Old May 20, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Also be aware that if you book a year or 10 months ahead you might have an ac change. It might from a 77W with P to an A333 with P, to a 772 without P, or worse to a 77W without P and with angled J seats.
AF doesn't have A333, but A332 and without P
Old May 20, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Just booked La Premiere for my first time. IAD-CDG-MAD then BCN-CDG-IAD. I've got only 1:20 for my first connection, but over 5 hours for the connection with the return. Hopefully that works out well. I'm really looking forward to the experience.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by DCAhome
Just booked La Premiere for my first time. IAD-CDG-MAD then BCN-CDG-IAD. I've got only 1:20 for my first connection, but over 5 hours for the connection with the return. Hopefully that works out well. I'm really looking forward to the experience.
Very nice. IAD is the same route I would probably be going for too. Let us know how it goes
Old May 21, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAhome
And so you should. I think these connection timings are just right as well, perhaps another 30 mins on the 1st visit might be better but you can't help that. I booked my first P trip 5 months before going and was giddy right up to the day - they didn't let me down Enjoy!
Old May 21, 2018, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by rosensfole
And so you should. I think these connection timings are just right as well, perhaps another 30 mins on the 1st visit might be better but you can't help that. I booked my first P trip 5 months before going and was giddy right up to the day - they didn't let me down Enjoy!
no, no, no : another 5 to 6 hours !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.