Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying La Premiere first time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ishihara
Yes, it was my first trip in La Premiere. I posted this before my trip. I'm now back.

The two threads were different. One was asking if I'd be allowed into the lounge and I was explaining my situation. The other was asking what the lounge had to offer and how to maximize my time.

And what do you mean my "story" doesn't look credible??
I still don't get it, but it does not matter.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The two threads were different. One was asking if I'd be allowed into the lounge and I was explaining my situation. The other was asking what the lounge had to offer and how to maximize my time.
I see your point. It would have looked very messy and incoherent to ask those two completely unrelated questions on the same thread.

That said, glad your trip went well and that you enjoyed it. I'm still confused as to what flights you actually took and did not take and what was cancelled or not, but it seems that you got the experience that you wanted at the end which is a good thing.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 22, 2016 at 1:31 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I see your point. It would have looked very messy and incoherent to ask those two completely unrelated questions on the same thread.
^
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
And what do you mean my "story" doesn't look credible??
If you have no idea why your story does not look credible, then I am happy for you.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
No didn't lose interest, was just traveling.
Yes, I did fly the old product. I wanted to experience it before it's removed. I found it to be as comfortable if not more so than other F products currently on the market.
Originally Posted by carnarvon

Your thread is titled "Flying La Premiere first time"

It starts with "This will be my first trip in La Premiere".
I think what he says that this is his first time on Air France First Class. He then goes on to compare the old F product he has experienced to "other", i.e. not Air France First Class products.

Took me some time to understand this as well. But I got it when I was recently in the P lounge on a Lille-Strasbourg routing, which I bought as Lille-Paris-Buenos Aires in Premiere with Lille-CDG as a train segment and CDG-Buenos Aires as a throwaway, and a normal SNCF ticket for CDG-Strasbourg which I planned to use instead of the Premiere award for Bamako-CDG-Strasbourg which didn't let me in the lounge because there was no Premiere on the Bamako-Paris segment. I absolutely had to go into the lounge, it seems they have several types of sparkling water (still and fizzy, and it seems the ice and lemon that they put in is supplied by the Plaza Athenee), that made it worth to go through Paris on my Bamako-Buenos Aires trip.

I booked this whole thing to experience AF F, their ground service and the lounge. I've been to Paris over 20 times and love the city. So don't worry, I haven't been missing out there.
The kind of worry I have when I hear people that an airline lounge is more interesting than the city of Paris, even after more than 20 times, is something maybe only few people comprehend and share (I know some are posters on this forum).

Last edited by San Gottardo; Sep 22, 2016 at 5:17 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I think what he says that this is his first time on Air France First Class. He then goes on to compare the old F product he has experienced to "other", i.e. not Air France First Class products.

Took me some time to understand this as well. But I got it when I was recently in the P lounge on a Lille-Strasbourg routing, which I bought as Lille-Paris-Buenos Aires in Premiere with Lille-CDG as a train segment and CDG-Buenos Aires as a throwaway, and a normal SNCF ticket for CDG-Strasbourg which I planned to use instead of the Premiere award for Bamako-CDG-Strasbourg which didn't let me in the lounge because there was no Premiere on the Bamako-Paris segment. I absolutely had to go into the lounge, it seems they have several types of sparkling water (still and fizzy, and it seems the ice and lemon that they put in is supplied by the Plaza Athenee), that made it worth to go through Paris on my Bamako-Buenos Aires trip.

The kind of worry I have when I hear people that an airline lounge is more interesting than the city of Paris, even after more than 20 times, is something maybe only few people comprehend and share (I know some are posters on this forum).
I heard that the lemon of the P lounge come direct from Bamako on a daily basis.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by brunos
I heard that the lemon of the P lounge come direct from Bamako on a daily basis.
That's silly, there is no P to BKO! how could a P lemon travel in J?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by ranskis
That's silly, there is no P to BKO! how could a P lemon travel in J?
Whatever, I still *had* to go to the lounge. It's unique, it's an event. And the most interesting thing around. I've been to Paris more than 20 times, and seriously, seeing Big Ben or Marble Arch for a 21st time is of no interest to me, I really know Paris.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

That said, glad your trip went well and that you enjoyed it. I'm still confused as to what flights you actually took and did not take and what was cancelled or not, but it seems that you got the experience that you wanted at the end which is a good thing.
Sorry, it was all a bit complicated. To try to explain better, here's what I did...

I booked a flight in F from JFK to LCY. I was arriving in CDG, but I had to fly out of ORY to get to LCY. My return was in Econ departing in Nov from TLV. The return I was intending to throw away.

Thanks to the posters in this thread, I learned/realized that since my connection wasn't in CDG, I wouldn't be allowed in the P lounge.

So I purchased a throw away ticket from CDG to LHR.

When I arrived in CDG, I informed them I changed my flight to connect via CDG and I was able to visit the lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Took me some time to understand this as well.
That was exactly what I was -trying- to say. Sorry for the miscommunication.

And trust me, I absolutely adore Paris and got to spend some time there on this trip. (this was my 2nd trip to Paris this year) But I love to try new airline products and I wasn't disappointed by AF!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, it was all a bit complicated. To try to explain better, here's what I did...

I booked a flight in F from JFK to LCY. I was arriving in CDG, but I had to fly out of ORY to get to LCY. My return was in Econ departing in Nov from TLV. The return I was intending to throw away.

Thanks to the posters in this thread, I learned/realized that since my connection wasn't in CDG, I wouldn't be allowed in the P lounge.

So I purchased a throw away ticket from CDG to LHR.

When I arrived in CDG, I informed them I changed my flight to connect via CDG and I was able to visit the lounge.

That's getting even more confusing and incredible.

SO, you flew JFK-CDG/ORY-LCY and threw away the return TLV-JFK. You also bought a CDG-LHR but threw it away. All this to spend hours in the P lounge. Then you got to ORY and flew to LCY?

And how did you return to JFK?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, AF, BA, KE, SQ, CX, DL, TG
Could you please tell me how you bought a mixed cabin ticket on AF?? I don't see you could do it through AF site or any OTA websites?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by concorde02
Could you please tell me how you bought a mixed cabin ticket on AF?? I don't see you could do it through AF site or any OTA websites?
You can definitely do it on AF website (at least US). If you search for business, it will let you choose business or first. If you search for first, it will only show first though. I don't know what happens if you choose Y or PE.

I got ounbound DL in J and return AF in F.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:28 pm
yrp

San, your story just isn't credible here.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yrp
San, your story just isn't credible here.
I disagree

It is about as credible as the other OP story. And we know that San would do anything for a good lemon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.