Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying to visit the La Premiere lounge at CDG on an award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
I did not mean the French announcement, I meant the document linked in the first post (I thought that I was clear):
http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...a-premiere.htm
Sorry if I misunderstood. As you quoted my post when you mentioned that I thought you were referring to the document reproduced in that link.

When I click on the US document it says "page not found". The Dutch one works however, and indeed does not mention the restriction of flights without P. However, it is very explicit about the fact that it is for business class passengers (paid or award) only, notably in the following at the very top:

"- "Customer": individual person 18 years of age or older who has reserved the “La Première ground services at Paris-Charles de Gaulle” Option for travel in the Business Class on a long-haul flight provided by Air France. "

This defines what a "Customer" is throughout the document without ambiguity and explains why they needn't repeat the restriction again.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sorry if I misunderstood. As you quoted my post when you mentioned that I thought you were referring to the document reproduced in that link.

When I click on the US document it says "page not found". The Dutch one works however, and indeed does not mention the restriction of flights without P. However, it is very explicit about the fact that it is for business class passengers (paid or award) only, notably in the following at the very top:

"- "Customer": individual person 18 years of age or older who has reserved the “La Première ground services at Paris-Charles de Gaulle” Option for travel in the Business Class on a long-haul flight provided by Air France. "

This defines what a "Customer" is throughout the document without ambiguity and explains why they needn't repeat the restriction again.
I missed the definition of "customer". You are right that it shows that it only applies to business class pax longhaul. Apologies, I read it too quickly.
But I still do not see mention that it must be on a flight without F. I could have missed it too, but I doubt. I also remember reading that this constraint was removed when the price was lowered from 800 to 300.

BTW: my copy/paste of the US link does not work, but the original link provided in the first post does work for the USA.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Forgive me. I will take the appropriate whipping by a thousand boarding passes.

I mixed up the lounge names.

So very sorry.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I guess that you have access to inside information
just my own (recent) experience. Again, except if they just changed the rule but I would be very surprised that they relax this rule.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
But I still do not see mention that it must be on a flight without F. I could have missed it too, but I doubt. I also remember reading that this constraint was removed when the price was lowered from 800 to 300.
If you've missed it, then I have missed it too! I am happy to trust your memory (although I did remember that Goldorak was an occasional user so even though I did not specifically call on you Goldorak, I sure had you in mind! ) but I'll admit that I would be surprised if AF had removed that limitation. The reason is that the price differential between F and J is huge, and to be honest, on flights with the old P, the onboard cabin is rather underwhelming and I would have just thought that the main reason for people to book P would be the ground experience. If AF allowed people to "pick and choose" within the P service by selecting only the best aspect of it (the ground experience) for a minimal fraction of the price differential (€300 instead of several thousands) I would think of it as a suicidal marketing strategy.

My intuition would therefore have been that Goldorak is probably correct and that the restriction still applies but again, I am not aware of the situation directly as I never made use of it so glad for the OP if that was indeed removed as a constraint.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
FB member, flying on a DL ticket on an AF métal TATL, I asked for this sevice in summer 2014 (hope you remember the "nice" temporary lodge in CDG2K). They didn't accept they told me wih an DL ticket, you are not an AF client.
Found it a bit weird to hear!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by saraoutou
FB member, flying on a DL ticket on an AF métal TATL, I asked for this sevice in summer 2014 (hope you remember the "nice" temporary lodge in CDG2K). They didn't accept they told me wih an DL ticket, you are not an AF client.
Found it a bit weird to hear!
This is consistent with the T&Cs given here. You need to be on AF code.

Goldorak, I have a personal interest in this question. If I read you correctly, your recent experience has been that you tried to get that service flying in J on a flight with F and they turned you down, right?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Goldorak, I have a personal interest in this question. If I read you correctly, your recent experience has been that you tried to get that service flying in J on a flight with F and they turned you down, right?
No. As said before, if the flight has F, you are not eligible. The rule and my personal exp is you have to be ticketed in J (paid or award) in a flight without F (when I say my personal exp is because when you call, you hear the agent looking at your PNR and saying "You are flying in AFxxx, you are in busines class and there is indeed no F on this specific flight"). After this step they check the availability and they often need to contact the P lounge staff. If you call during the opening times of the lounge, they put you on-hold while they call. If you call at night, they will call you back the following day to give you the final answer.
I have been turn down once a year ago during the Christmas period for availiability reasons (we were 3 pax).
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. As said before, if the flight has F, you are not eligible. The rule and my personal exp is you have to be ticketed in J (paid or award) in a flight without F (when I say my personal exp is because when you call, you hear the agent looking at your PNR and saying "You are flying in AFxxx, you are in busines class and there is indeed no F on this specific flight"). After this step they check the availability and they often need to contact the P lounge staff. If you call during the opening times of the lounge, they put you on-hold while they call. If you call at night, they will call you back the following day to give you the final answer.
I have been turn down once a year ago during the Christmas period for availiability reasons (we were 3 pax).
That sounds pretty clear to me and again, is consistent with what I would have expected and what I understood from AF people when they discussed that service.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I tried to send an e-mail to Flying Blue member service but the reply I got was that as Skyteam Elite Plus I get access to lounges when flying Skyteam bla bla bla... (don't they know about this service at the FB member service? Or don't they read mails properly? I even included a link).

Anyway, I have some good contacts at the AF/KL Nordic office so I'll take it that way instead. They usually sort things out.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jacob_m
I tried to send an e-mail to Flying Blue member service but the reply I got was that as Skyteam Elite Plus I get access to lounges when flying Skyteam bla bla bla... (don't they know about this service at the FB member service? Or don't they read mails properly? I even included a link).

Anyway, I have some good contacts at the AF/KL Nordic office so I'll take it that way instead. They usually sort things out.
My experience with several frequent flyers/frequent stayers customer services is that, in a good 80% of cases, the first email reply is a boilerplate email that has little relation to the question asked unless your question is the standard one that most individuals email about. It is only after you reply and point out the irrelevance of the first answer that the process of actually addressing your specific question actually starts.

The fact that it is so widespread suggest to me that they must regard it as more efficient even if it is irritating for us.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by NickB
My experience with several frequent flyers/frequent stayers customer services is that, in a good 80% of cases, the first email reply is a boilerplate email that has little relation to the question asked unless your question is the standard one that most individuals email about. It is only after you reply and point out the irrelevance of the first answer that the process of actually addressing your specific question actually starts.

The fact that it is so widespread suggest to me that they must regard it as more efficient even if it is irritating for us.
^
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jacob_m

It is totally useless to call FB for this. You need to call La Premiere line 7-10 days before your flight.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It is totally useless to call FB for this. You need to call La Premiere line 7-10 days before your flight.
Where do I find the number? Flying P on Friday into CDG connecting to JFK, but would like to change to DL operated flight for the CDG-JFK (A330 new J on DL instead of A330 old J on AF), but would only do this if I don't lose my lounge access...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mayhem
Where do I find the number? Flying P on Friday into CDG connecting to JFK, but would like to change to DL operated flight for the CDG-JFK (A330 new J on DL instead of A330 old J on AF), but would only do this if I don't lose my lounge access...
If you are travelling on DL, don't even bother.

As per the links in this thread, you have to be travelling on Air France metal in J to even be considered for paid P ground services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.