FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Hoyaheel Sep 6, 2016 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 27174727)
It is clearly an international flight, even if intra-Schengen.

Thank you for fixing my misunderstanding - how often does it happen to work out in my favor? ^

Simon Schus Sep 7, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if the Air France Graf lounge in Boston Logan Terminal E (USA) will be open on Christmas Day? I've got a flight out at 9.40pm that night.

Usually it is open every other day from my experience and the listing on the website. However, I just don't know if there is a reduced service on Xmas Day.

Simon.

Goldorak Sep 8, 2016 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus (Post 27179654)
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if the Air France Graf lounge in Boston Logan Terminal E (USA) will be open on Christmas Day? I've got a flight out at 9.40pm that night.

Usually it is open every other day from my experience and the listing on the website. However, I just don't know if there is a reduced service on Xmas Day.

Simon.

Is that an AF flight ? If yes, I don't see why the lounge would be closed. As long as there are AF ops, an AF lounge should be open. And in any case, when you see the number of airlines using this lounge now (see post #289 in this thread), I doubt it will be closed, even on Christmas day.

Simon Schus Sep 8, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks Goldorak.

There is no AF flight that night (it is operating the 24th and 26th December though) so hence why I'm a little unsure.

Equally, there don't look to be any SkyTeam airlines heading out of Boston that day (apart from DL which depart out of Terminal A anyway which isn't connected to Terminal E).

I'll have more of a hunt around for information.

Simon.

Goldorak Sep 8, 2016 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus (Post 27184227)
Thanks Goldorak.

There is no AF flight that night (it is operating the 24th and 26th December though) so hence why I'm a little unsure.

Equally, there don't look to be any SkyTeam airlines heading out of Boston that day (apart from DL which depart out of Terminal A anyway which isn't connected to Terminal E).

I'll have more of a hunt around for information.

Simon.

I just looked and indeed, it seems there is only the DL-operated flight that seems to be scheduled that day. So the AF lounge opening is unsure. But, as said before, many airlines are using the AF lounge so it is possible that this lounge will operate even without AF flights this particular day.

Goldorak Sep 8, 2016 1:30 pm

Please note that 2F2 lounge has reopen last monday (05/09) after renovation. I know that they have installed 3 automated gates for accessing it (by scanning the BP). Any information and pictures from the 1st visitors are more than welcome :)

bennos Sep 12, 2016 3:28 pm

I couldn't find anything with search, so I'm curious as to experiences with lounge access at HEL for an AF marketed, AY operated business class ticket. I know about the Servisair/Aspire lounge, but I'm curious if anyone has tried accessing the AY lounge in such a scenario.

The AY website has an ambiguously worded run on sentence, with the clause "when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket)" definitely applicable to at least some OW elites, but it is unclear as to whether it is applicable to business class passengers as well.

Goldorak Sep 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 27202391)
I couldn't find anything with search, so I'm curious as to experiences with lounge access at HEL for an AF marketed, AY operated business class ticket. I know about the Servisair/Aspire lounge, but I'm curious if anyone has tried accessing the AY lounge in such a scenario.

The AY website has an ambiguously worded run on sentence, with the clause "when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket)" definitely applicable to at least some OW elites, but it is unclear as to whether it is applicable to business class passengers as well.

The wiki mentions only the Servisair/Aspire lounge. I don't think the AY lounge will work, but just try and report here ;)

ijgordon Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 27202391)

I think it would be unusual for an airline to prohibit lounge access if you are flying their metal in premium class, solely because you are booked on a codeshare. The only example I know of is the LX F lounge in ZRH which apparently requires the flight be marketed by LX F (i.e., UA codeshare pax don't get access).

Goldorak Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 27207364)
I think it would be unusual for an airline to prohibit lounge access if you are flying their metal in premium class, solely because you are booked on a codeshare. The only example I know of is the LX F lounge in ZRH which apparently requires the flight be marketed by LX F (i.e., UA codeshare pax don't get access).

it's certainly not unusual when the 2 airlines (the marketing one and the operating one) belong to different alliances (the case here). There could be some capacity issue (think not only about premium class but also the Elite plus flying Y), some costs issues (another contract lounge might be cheaper than the operating carrier's lounge), etc

ijgordon Sep 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 27208373)
it's certainly not unusual when the 2 airlines (the marketing one and the operating one) belong to different alliances (the case here). There could be some capacity issue (think not only about premium class but also the Elite plus flying Y), some costs issues (another contract lounge might be cheaper than the operating carrier's lounge), etc

I'm not sure why the alliance matters when you're talking about premium class passengers. Sure, I understand the argument that one shouldn't get OneWorld elite benefits when flying an AF-marketed flight. But alliances and frequent flyer programs/elite status have nothing to do with offering lounge access to your business class passengers.
Now at the end of the day, I suppose they can make up whatever rules they want for business class passengers (like LX does about its F Lounge), but I see no reason to interpret the vague wording of the policy as requiring an AY-marketed flight for business class passengers, but rather specifically for OneWorld Emerald/Sapphire. But that's just my view.

sfvoyage Sep 17, 2016 4:22 am

TXL

The sticky above indicates an AF lounge (airside, Terminal A) at TXL.

On AF's website, I can't seem to find a lounge at TXL...

Is there in fact lounge access for AF J at TXL?

Carel1 Sep 17, 2016 7:54 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage (Post 27224125)

Yes, there is a lounge on the third floor ;). It is not airside.

Goldorak Sep 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage (Post 27224125)

Yes. The info of the wiki are correct. I will post a short review with pictures as soon as I have time.
PS: The wiki says landside, not airside ;)

sfvoyage Sep 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 27226359)
Yes. The info of the wiki are correct. I will post a short review with pictures as soon as I have time.
PS: The wiki says landside, not airside ;)

Thanks, will be helpful to know if breakfast is available at around 9:30. (Can't order vegetarian, or any special meal for that matter, for the short haul flight in J.)