FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

pineapple_juice May 10, 2016 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 26501789)
I was the other report - I am an AZ FA (matched, but still), and was flying KQ... but the lady at the SLOW lounge desk said that they had been given row numbers for J on the AF and KL flights, and that was all they were accepting. Good to hear that's not the case, but since my ST ex-JNB flights will always be on KQ, not much help personally.

Agreed that if you can access, the SLOW lounge is a great improvement.

I'll be flying out of JNB next week on AF (I'm SkyTeam Elite+). Crossing fingers that they will allow me into the SLOW Lounge, now that the KL/AF lounge seems to be closed permanently. Perhaps I should ask staff at check-in, they might give me an invitation... ?

Goldorak May 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_juice (Post 26602220)
I'll be flying out of JNB next week on AF (I'm SkyTeam Elite+). Crossing fingers that they will allow me into the SLOW Lounge, now that the KL/AF lounge seems to be closed permanently. Perhaps I should ask staff at check-in, they might give me an invitation... ?

Welcome to Flyertalk :)
Please report here the outcome. I hope it will be OK ;)

Andrew_G May 10, 2016 4:54 pm

MAN (T3) : airport lounge (Escape lounge) TO BE CONFIRMED.

I can't edit the wiki, but it's definitely the T3 Escape Lounge. I don't know why it says "to be confirmed". Hope someone can change it.

arkangel May 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 26601819)
No, unfortunately

I'm afraid yes !

Connecting non-Schengen to Schengen, you won't avoid security screening, either going straight to 2G or going to the arrival lounge in 2C.

Thanks, Goldorak, for the less than good news. I sort of suspected that. Guess I'll just need to have a few more glasses of wine/beer to make it all more tolerable! I'd purchase the Premiere Lounge access package but, unfortunately, at this time anyway, the aircraft has F class.

Goldorak May 10, 2016 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew_G (Post 26606120)
MAN (T3) : airport lounge (Escape lounge) TO BE CONFIRMED.

I can't edit the wiki, but it's definitely the T3 Escape Lounge. I don't know why it says "to be confirmed". Hope someone can change it.

Done. Thank you.

schlegfr May 11, 2016 8:05 am

ORY - New lounge serving halls 3 and 4

Since I do not see this information stated in the Wiki, I dare share it with you, Guys. If ever it has already been mentioned previously, please disregard my message.

============

There is a new lounge at the entrance of Hall 3, located upstairs where the business center was (entrance is next to the oversize luggage checking machine). It is dedicated to passengers for Halls 3 and 4.

"Blind room" (i.e. no windows) - rather large, with sitting and eating (tables) area - Various papers and magazine - Decent choice of pastries for breakfast. No clue about food and drinks choice for other time of the day.

============

Fred

Goldorak May 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by schlegfr (Post 26608916)
Since I do not see this information stated in the Wiki, I dare share it with you, Guys. If ever it has already been mentioned previously, please disregard my message.

============

There is a new lounge at the entrance of Hall 3, located upstairs where the business center was (entrance is next to the oversize luggage checking machine). It is dedicated to passengers for Halls 3 and 4.

"Blind room" (i.e. no windows) - rather large, with sitting and eating (tables) area - Various papers and magazine - Decent choice of pastries for breakfast. No clue about food and drinks choice for other time of the day.

============

Fred

Thank you very much for updating us. I understand it is located landside ? And do you think this is a temporary arrangement or something permanent ? I am asking because the airside Hall 3 lounge (non-Schengen) is supposed to reopen after renovation, and the Hall 4 lounge (Schengen) was supposed to close definitely on 22 May (did it close earlier than scheduled ?)

schlegfr May 12, 2016 5:34 am

Hello Goldorak.

Landside it is, on the left side when you are facing Hall 3. There is a "Lounge" post above the doors leading to the escalators.

I do not know whether it is a temporary infrastructure or not. However, I believe it will last a bit given the positive impression it gave me (three very warm welcoming ground staff at least, level of comfort and equipment, variety of items...)

At last, I discovered it on April 25th, and did not check whether the lounge in Hall 4 was already closed or not.

Fred

joyu12 May 12, 2016 11:24 am

Originally Posted by schlegfr (Post 26613928)
Hello Goldorak.

Landside it is, on the left side when you are facing Hall 3. There is a "Lounge" post above the doors leading to the escalators.

I do not know whether it is a temporary infrastructure or not. However, I believe it will last a bit given the positive impression it gave me (three very warm welcoming ground staff at least, level of comfort and equipment, variety of items...)

At last, I discovered it on April 25th, and did not check whether the lounge in Hall 4 was already closed or not.

Fred

In fact it is the Hall 4 lounge that no longer can be accessed airside, only landside. Wiki says it is supposed to close on May 22nd but i do hope it lasts a bit longer.

Goldorak May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by schlegfr (Post 26613928)
Hello Goldorak.

Fred

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 26615739)
In fact it is the Hall 4 lounge that no longer can be accessed airside, only landside. Wiki says it is supposed to close on May 22nd but i do hope it lasts a bit longer.

Thank you both. I believe they will close it only when the hall 3 one will reopen. But, it is still bad that they close the hall 4 one :(

pineapple_juice May 17, 2016 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 26605378)
Welcome to Flyertalk :)
Please report here the outcome. I hope it will be OK ;)

Had no problems entering the SLOW lounge yesterday (Elite+ traveling in Eco). I asked for an invitation card at check-in just to be on the safe side.

Edit:

JNB that is

Goldorak May 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by pineapple_juice (Post 26637890)
Had no problems entering the SLOW lounge yesterday (Elite+ traveling in Eco). I asked for an invitation card at check-in just to be on the safe side.

Edit:

JNB that is

Good to know. Thank you.

Goldorak May 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 26615739)

An update was posted today by AF : Hall 4 lounge will close on June 1st. So, a few extra days. Wiki updated.

joyu12 May 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Anyone know what the rules for accessing the Sheltair lounge are when departing 2D on Air Baltic (Air France stock / codeshare)? My searches have come up unconclusive.

Goldorak May 28, 2016 6:13 am

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 26690600)
Anyone know what the rules for accessing the Sheltair lounge are when departing 2D on Air Baltic (Air France stock / codeshare)? My searches have come up unconclusive.

I believe the classical ones : flying J or being FB gold/plat.