Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club 2000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I would say that it is just a glitch. There is another thread whereby people with a lower status (I think silver) got Club 2000 on their account too!
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I would say that it is just a glitch. There is another thread whereby people with a lower status (I think silver) got Club 2000 on their account too!
+1

See indeed : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...bed-seats.html

The system is probably recognising the 5 tier by pairing :
- SM Base with FB Ivory
- SM Silver with FB Silver
- SM Gold with FB Gold
- SM Platinum with FB Platinum
- SM Diamond with Club 2000

Last edited by bodory; Jul 4, 2014 at 8:23 am
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:37 am

Wink

Back to the topic, I cannot resist posting some old documentation about "Club des 2000". The wording is so vintage

And the partnership with AA is quite funnny too !
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:14 am

I see that my vintage pics have some success on Twitter! Poke olivedel
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by bodory
I see that my vintage pics have some success on Twitter! Poke olivedel
Indeed. I hope you are not mad at me
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Aha! Sometimes, you know , computer glitches can be extremely revealing ... and sometimes even leak top-secret information.

I've always regarded Club 2000 as an "Ultra-platinum" elite level, and now the underlying software confirms this is how FB treat it!

I guess FB can handle the "American Ideal" (rewards based on merit), but only so far: at the very top of the pile, they have to fall back on the "European Ideal" (status based on who you know, not what you've achieved).

-- Henry
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Henry III
I guess FB can handle the "American Ideal" (rewards based on merit), but only so far: at the very top of the pile, they have to fall back on the "European Ideal" (status based on who you know, not what you've achieved).
... and happily do so ensuring that someone from the DL FFP (and who has reached diamond) is seen as superior as someone on FB who has flown as much or more (and is still considered a "mere" platinum, or in some extreme cases if the flying pattern is mostly discounted long haul Y, gold)
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
Indeed. I hope you are not mad at me
Not at all. By posting the pics here I made them public.

I have several others by the way.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Back to the topic, I cannot resist posting some old documentation about "Club des 2000". The wording is so vintage
Excellent ^ Thank you
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:34 am

+1

- SM Base with FB Ivory
- SM Gold with FB Gold
Oh and by the way the glitch has been previously posted on the DL board back in 2012 : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ub-2000-a.html
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
+1

- SM Base with FB Ivory
- SM Gold with FB Gold
I am DL Platinum and my AF booking is showing FB Silver. Who knows..
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
It works ‘tother way too, you know.

As a C2000-ie, I sometimes notice that online, especially on KLM sites, the system welcomes me a revered Ivory. I tend to send a growly note to the owly nerds at the KLM Webmasters eyrie, and, Yo! And Behold, I get my C2000 label back. Capital of glitches, those sites.

Presumably, when some computer routine is having a go at demeaning me, some lucky Ivory is being temporarily taunted to regard themself as, wow, me, C2000. And then the systems, and the dreams (or nightmares), reboot.

I think that the days of excessive C2000 membership are over. Like, just add on the first-contact network range of a) recent AF-KL CEOs; b) French MEPs none-too-keen to fly to Strasbourg; and c) big corp travel managers, and you’re soon into a factor of 10k to 100k of C2000. Sure, any bean-counter will cut into that ‘marbre’.

Meself, for the legends, I was told sometime in the 1990s that I had joined the group. Something to do with a leading French flagship airline having an interest in a Dutch counterpart and desirous of (English expression) half-inching some key traffic ex AMS. Plus, I assume, my board co-chairships with the political elite, plus my 7 million (identified) readers and 55 million purported potential listeners in the leadership in the political elites of some 80 developing countries known to be popping off to conferences, missions and malls worldwide, and their EU6 EU15 EU18 etc funders, and no doubt my personal charm and discretion.

True, the system does seems to have been weeded out quite a bit of late. And the pre-2001 days of almost guaranteed upgrades have long melted away. Just as they have on LH and LX, and presumably elsewhere. I blame a spoilt Saudi brat.

The landside recognition at SPL still sucks in parts, airside is cool-ish; and it has been a couple of years since a ‘jamais-integrée’ be-clogged KLM purser came to me with her manifest with the query “It says here that you’re a special, a C2000, and I should greet you as such, specially, but can you explain what C2000 is?”. One used to get the captain traipsing down to one, asking one if all was ok.

But. To have deserved/merited the C2000 accolade, it still has its positives when push comes to shove (like, as with Roissy’s systemically brutal transfers of handicapped pax, or a glitch-rich mis-seating on a Euro segment). It still makes the difference.

- Paul

Last edited by PaulRO; Dec 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm Reason: Inserting a hard-return at Para. A typist's fetish, no more.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I am DL Platinum and my AF booking is showing FB Silver. Who knows..
Same. And my girlfriend (on the same PNR) is a DL Silver and she's listed as Club 2000. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And when selecting seats, she gets a discount on SeatPlus, whereas it's free for me. So confused.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by 31693884
Same. And my girlfriend (on the same PNR) is a DL Silver and she's listed as Club 2000. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And when selecting seats, she gets a discount on SeatPlus, whereas it's free for me. So confused.
This is exactly how Mrs. Lee and I show up on AF. PM-->FB Silver. FO-->Club 2k.

Since having status, we have only ever flown AF in J, so I can't speak to what the SeatPlus fees should be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.