Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club 2000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Zembla
I didn't read that in the post of bodory? Did I miss something? Okay he did get the card from Regional management, but we don't know why?
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Shame on me.

I must have read his post a little fast. In my mind I got it mixed up and read it as if the "friend" relationship was between the person who got the card and the regional manager. Indeed bodory's post doesn't say that (it doesn't say the opposite either and we keep on wondering why the card was given by the regional manager - but that doesn't justify my post).

Sorry, I'll be more diligent in the future.
He got the card because he is a friend of AF regional manager.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
C2000 is "by invitation only". So it is easier to hand out C2000 cards to friends than a Plat card which will automatically expire after a year if not enough mileage/segments.
I wonder how many dozen thousands C2000 cards have been given out.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by brunos
C2000 is "by invitation only". So it is easier to hand out C2000 cards to friends than a Plat card which will automatically expire after a year if not enough mileage/segments.
Hi brunos,

That might answer your question, event if it is now a bit outdated : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...0-members.html
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory
Oh dear me, it seems a bit like a case of "with AF, you should often fear the worst and you won't be that far off the truth"...
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:26 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well. Seems that we busted another C2000 myth with this fact!
I'd say we got just one additional data point.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Hi brunos,

That might answer your question, event if it is now a bit outdated : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...0-members.html
Thanks Bodory.
My uneducated guess is that the number is now larger than the 12,000 for France alone.
Looking at some of my acquaintances, my impression is that any politician with potential past, current or future influence, whether national or regional, gets it. In big companies, C2000 is widely distributed, even to CEOs a smaller subsidiaries. And from a recent thread, we learned that the card seems to be retained after retirement,.
Then regional managers have some discretion to allocate some (how many???) to boost/reward local business.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gajan
My understandings were that Club 2000 / Skipper members have the same benefits as PE members, only that they have higher priority in the case of IRROPS.
So I thought.

However, not true anymore since recently.

Sky Priority drop off area at 2F has changed. After boarding pass check there are two signs.

One pointing to the left says "business & C2000". Another pointing to the right says "FB silver, gold, plat, skyteam elite".

One queue much shorter than the other. Guess which one.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 16, 2013 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
So I have to take back my taking back of what I had said earlier. Friends & family, a usual pattern at AF

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jul 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Quote:

My understandings were that Club 2000 / Skipper members have the same benefits as PE members, only that they have higher priority in the case of IRROPS.

So I thought.

However, not true anymore since recently.

Sky Priority drop off area at 2F has changed. After boarding pass check there are two signs.

One pointing to the left says "business & C2000". Another pointing to the right says "FB silver, gold, plat, skyteam elite".

One queue much shorter than the other. Guess which one.
According to your post on VF the Business/C2000 is shorter.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by brunos
There also exists Platinum by invitation
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:52 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
There also exists Platinum by invitation
Indeed, can be given as part of the corporate travel agreement.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:48 am

Indeed, can be given as part of the corporate travel agreement.
If both cards are essentially the same, why do they hand out different cards to their corporate customers?

So is the rule that the higher ups get a C2000 card and the lower echelons of the hierarchy get a Platinum card?

I know for a fact that LH does not give out HON cards for corporate contracts. But they do give SEN cards. Just as they also status-match SEN, but not HON.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
According to your post on VF the Business/C2000 is shorter.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yesterday I did OLCI for a DL flight exCDG on the AF website and my boarding pass printed with

DL XXXXXXXXXX (actual FF number in full)/ C Club2000 ElitePlus

Is AF assigning DL DMs Club2000 status so that we get our elite benefits?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yesterday I did OLCI for a DL flight exCDG on the AF website and my boarding pass printed with

DL XXXXXXXXXX (actual FF number in full)/ C Club2000 ElitePlus

Is AF assigning DL DMs Club2000 status so that we get our elite benefits?
I would say it is just a way to show that your DL status is higher than Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.