Wiki Posts
Search

Club 2000

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Club 2000
Exclamation Club 2000

While Club 2000 is still an invitation only card , its acceptance is varied across AF.

In Bangalore you are treated like royalty.

In Marseilles , there is no AF lounge and at the gate no priority boarding , just an overall melee. When I showed my Club 2000 card was curtly told by the middle aged AF woman at the boarding gate that Club 2000 means absolutely nothing and in any case it does not apply to Marseilles Airport !
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mohankcrao
While Club 2000 is still an invitation only card , its acceptance is varied across AF.

In Bangalore you are treated like royalty.

In Marseilles , there is no AF lounge and at the gate no priority boarding , just an overall melee. When I showed my Club 2000 card was curtly told by the middle aged AF woman at the boarding gate that Club 2000 means absolutely nothing and in any case it does not apply to Marseilles Airport !
If you are flying domestic from destinations in France as MRS, priority boarding is usually NOT offered to Elites so apparently including C2000 members.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If you are flying domestic from destinations in France as MRS, priority boarding is usually NOT offered to Elites so apparently including C2000 members.
KLflyerRalph is absolutely right - except that you can read 'never' instead of 'usually not'. Club2000 card allows you everything there is to allow for top customers at MRS such as priority check in and priority luggage delivery (tags outbound, reception inbound).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
On my most recent flight CDG-AMS I was sitting in the far back of the Y section and upon landing I noticed that the person sitting one row in front of me had two Club 2000 luggage tags. I was rather surprised to see this French guy had to enjoy KL's economy class. Isn't the received view or rumor on FT that being a Club2000 upgrades are plentiful and pursers stop by to say hello? That flight was certainly not the case.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by ajs123
On my most recent flight CDG-AMS I was sitting in the far back of the Y section and upon landing I noticed that the person sitting one row in front of me had two Club 2000 luggage tags. I was rather surprised to see this French guy had to enjoy KL's economy class. Isn't the received view or rumor on FT that being a Club2000 upgrades are plentiful and pursers stop by to say hello? That flight was certainly not the case.
Even if upgrades are plentiful, they are certainly not honoured on every flight. That would be insane and not make sense at all.
If the pursers comes by is up to him/her. Some go the extra miles, some don't
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FT, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
KLflyerRalph is absolutely right - except that you can read 'never' instead of 'usually not'. Club2000 card allows you everything there is to allow for top customers at MRS such as priority check in and priority luggage delivery (tags outbound, reception inbound).
On MRS-ORY, Elite passengers always board last! No priority boarding whatsoever. If you are lucky, you might grab the last La Provence newspaper that's left. No priority tag on luggage, they do not apply to La Navette flights (or so was I told). At least, you deplane first! Yeepeee!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Isn't C2000 nowadays merely like a Plat card without the need to qualify for it by number of flights/miles? I know it used to be different, but From what I heard recently there are no special C2000-only perks anymore.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Originally Posted by ajs123
Having luggage tags doesn't mean anything... Could have been given to him/her by a family member or a friend. I have plenty of FB Gold tags I have given to friends and family members just for the heck of it...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by creber
Isn't C2000 nowadays merely like a Plat card without the need to qualify for it by number of flights/miles? I know it used to be different, but From what I heard recently there are no special C2000-only perks anymore.
From what I have read you are correct. I believe the only difference is that you may have a higher ATTN-score but other than that there is no difference.

I know KLM Skippers get entry to the lounge irrespective of airline flown, but that does not extend to Club 2000 members.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
From what I have read you are correct. I believe the only difference is that you may have a higher ATTN-score but other than that there is no difference.

I know KLM Skippers get entry to the lounge irrespective of airline flown, but that does not extend to Club 2000 members.
What is the exact difference between Skippers and Club2000?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
What is the exact difference between Skippers and Club2000?
None.

Skipper = originally KLM
Club2000 = originally Air France.

Now they are combined.

Originally Posted by Gajan
Club 2000 and Skipper are the same, it is a combined pass.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:36 am

Curious what this difference is then:

2. Flying Blue Club 2000, Platinum and Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus*.
If departure on:
a. A sameday international SkyTeam Flight (domestic flights excluded).
b. A flight booked with KL flightnumber (or codeshare flights)
c. One (1) guest allowed if departure is on a AF-KL or SkyTeam international flight (including codeshare partners/KL flightnumber)
3. Skipper of Flying Dutchmen/Club2000 (combi card)
a. No limitation on guests
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Curious what this difference is then:
Strange.

2. Flying Blue Club 2000, Platinum and Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus*.
3. Skipper of Flying Dutchmen/Club2000 (combi card)
AFAIK they are the same (as mentioned under 3), so I don't know why they also mention this under 2.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:56 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Brobbel
AFAIK they are the same (as mentioned under 3), so I don't know why they also mention this under 2.
I believe when FP and FD merged KLM Skippers became Skippers/Club 2000 while AF Club 2000 members stayed the same.

I am not sure there are any differences other than lounge access.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Club 2000 worthless

I have been Club 2000 for several years. Never once has it produced a tangible benefit. Never once. What's the point?

I have since become Senator status on LH/LX. This actually seems to matter to them. Similarly when I was Ex Plat on AA it mattered.

My conclusion: AF really does not value its frequent flyers. I have never seen an airline pay so little attention to its top tier customers. From what I have observed they would rather put employee colleagues up in the premium cabins than their most valuable customers. I think it comes from a self absorbed mind set: the significance of the airline is to take care of its own staff, not customers.

That said, I have come across awful staff at AA from time to time and I don't mean to imply that AF staff is, in general, at the bottom of the heap. Most surely it is not. But in terms of organizational attitude toward top customers, AF is one of the worst. Case in point: my flight to SFO cancelled. Every other airline I have known jumps to take care of the top tier frequent flyers. They are spared the lines, get the best alternative flights etc. Not AF. They could not have cared less. A little too much egalite for my taste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.