Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-CDG on AF with flat bed seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
LHR-CDG on AF with flat bed seats?

I'm a DL elite flying LHR-CDG on AF 1981 in a few days and I'm in "business" (on a DL award ticket). I went in today to select my seat on the AF website and it seems to be telling me that the seat is a lie-flat? I am extremely skeptical of this as I assume a flight this short would have only regular eurobiz with the middle seats blocked off.

It seems to be on an Airbus 320 and from what I can tell AF doesn't even have any A320s with lie-flat seating. What is going on here? Just a website/IT issue? I don't fly AF a lot so please excuse me if this is a known/common issue when selecting seats. I picked 2D because I am hoping for an aisle (even though the map makes it look like all the seats have aisle access, which I am sure is false).

Also, does anyone know what "Flying Blue Club 2000" is? I'm pretty sure I am not a member of whatever it thinks I am.

Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unless AF, for whatever reason, has decided to put this specific day a 777 on this route, this is one of the best computer glitch we have seen on this forum
And, at the moment, AF has only one 772 with the new J seats which is used to JFK (note that they have time to do a rotation to LHR if they wished). And the seat map corresponds to this.
You're right, it should be the typical Euro C seat (same seat as in Y but middle seat blocked). So I'm afraid your seat selection will not work
For Club 2000, it's the top tier card for AF, by invitation only and is mostly given to top executives in companies, some politicians, etc. So congratulations to you
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
It sounds like there are multiple glitches just on this one screen... I'm definitely not a politician or executive. I've triple checked the flight number and route, this is definitely the seatmap that is showing for my LHR-CDG flight.

Hopefully I still get 2D (an aisle) and there aren't any issues with my flight. I have an extremely tight connection in LHR and my original flight departs from DTW so I won't be able to verify my seat selection using an AF kiosk or agent.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by matthew64832
Hopefully I still get 2D (an aisle) and there aren't any issues with my flight. I have an extremely tight connection in LHR and my original flight departs from DTW so I won't be able to verify my seat selection using an AF kiosk or agent.
02D is probably the best seat on an A320 or an A319, as there is no seat in front of it and there is ample legroom.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 2, 2014 at 3:02 am
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: Many
Good to see their IT is improving day after day !
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Will you claim for false advertising?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
This is intriguing.

I'm showing a similar seatmap for CDG-ZRH next month on an A319, with the seats all spread out. I think they've just removed the blocked middle seats causing the gap between A/C and D/F. But mine also has the note about the seat transforming into a bed. Methinks that AF just didn't specify the right icons for their intraeurope seatmaps when they updated the website.

But, as a DL PM on a DL ticket with my DL FFP # attached, it's showing me as FB Silver, though I have zero status with FB. Haven't been able to figure that one out yet...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: AF FB Platinum, BA EC Bronze, Swiss M&M FT, Marriott Plat
Everybody has the same issue on the the new AF seat assignement system. I have multiple reservation from JFK to LUX and the CDG-LUX or AMS-LUX always says "that transofrms into a bed"...on a Fokker!
On the opposite side, KL has updated its seat maps and now shows the new AF flat bed seat configuration for flights AF008/AF009. It is weird that KL shows it for AF flights but that AF does not show it for its own flights...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I think it's time to reset the whole system
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory
Good to see their IT is improving day after day !
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Thumbs down

AnyoNe know when the IAD - CDG route will get upgraded business class seats?

http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...on-in-the-sky/
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by banffflyr
Sometimes between 2015 (it is not one of the first routes) and 2017 if it is flown in a 777 at that time. I don't think that even AF people know more than that.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by banffflyr
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sometimes between 2015 (it is not one of the first routes) and 2017 if it is flown in a 777 at that time. I don't think that even AF people know more than that.
And for the A380-operated flight, it will be later rather than sooner because the A380 fleet will be likely the last to be retro-fitted.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's a shame that AF decided not to install flat beds into the A380 at the beginning but LH made the same mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.