Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Some changes in departures terminals at CDG2 for the IATA summer season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club

1) Effective March 30th:

- Check-in for AF636 to IAH is transferred from 2E to 2F
- Check-in for flights to TNR is transferred from 2F to 2E
- Flights to ZRH, FLR & BES (A318) are transferred from 2G to 2F
- Flights to STR (AR8) are transferred from 2F to 2G

- Flights to BSB & HND operate from 2E
- Flights to SVG operate from 2G

2) From mid-June to end of August, flights to CAY will operate from 2E.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Are the CAY flights operating from CDG instead of ORY or on top of the daily ORY flights? Right now the schedule still shows ORY as the Paris departure point.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
From mid-June to end of August, flights to CAY will operate from 2E.
Do you mean CAI ?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Are the CAY flights operating from CDG instead of ORY or on top of the daily ORY flights? Right now the schedule still shows ORY as the Paris departure point.
The CDG flight is on top of the regular ORY flight and does not operate every day; for example, on July 12th, 14th and 16th:

AF962 09:55 Paris (CDG) 14:10 Cayenne duration: 9h15
AF852 10:40 Paris (ORY) 14:50 Cayenne duration: 9h10

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 25, 2014 at 1:09 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
The CDG flight is on top of the regular ORY flight and does not operate every day; for example, on July 12th, 14th and 16th:

AF962 09:55 Paris (CDG) 14:10 Cayenne duration: 9h15
AF852 10:40 Paris (ORY) 14:50 Cayenne duration: 9h10
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there is enough traffic to CAY to warrant those extra flights from CDG. Or those are a kind of "political flights" like the short lived CDG-FDF/PTP.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Ultimate, AA 4MM EXP, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt LT Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Nothing political, just hight demand in the summer especially from civil servants based in Cayenne and returning to the Metropole on holiday.

Last edited by thierry; Feb 26, 2014 at 7:44 am Reason: spelling error
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by thierry
Nothing political, just hight demand in the summer especially from civil servants based in Cayenne and returning to the Metropole on holiday.
This kind of traffic is normally handled through ORY. I mentioned the "political reasons" because flights from CDG to destinations like FDF/PTP/CAY are usually instated under high political pressure, thinking that non-French European vacationers will spend their holidays there and so need to have flights from CDG to reach easily those destinations. The problem, at least for FDF/PTP, is that a combination of high prices and low quality of service do not attract European vacationers who prefer to go to nearby islands like Dominican Rep.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Well this is good news for us. Looks like, as cdg to iah passengers, we will not suffer the closure of K lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well this is good news for us. Looks like, as cdg to iah passengers, we will not suffer the closure of K lounge.
I'm not sure I'm following you here, in this specific thread.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I'm not sure I'm following you here, in this specific thread.
I actually chuckled out loud when I saw you here.

I came across this thread and got all excited that the IAH flight was moved to 2F bc I presumed it meant no chance we'd be in k. We were couped up yesterday with rain in Nice, then home early, and I had time to kill reading old AF threads.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I actually chuckled out loud when I saw you here.

I came across this thread and got all excited that the IAH flight was moved to 2F bc I presumed it meant no chance we'd be in k. We were couped up yesterday with rain in Nice, then home early, and I had time to kill reading old AF threads.
Ah OK
But in fact, IAH in 2F here means that check-in is done in 2F but the flight actually departs from 2E. But the good news here for you is that, for those flights, they depart from L or M.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With the supposed need for enhanced security for flights to the USA, I'm surprised that all AF and DL flights to the USA aren't in the same terminal and same gate areas, at least temporarily for the remainder of the summer.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:16 am

Wink

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Ah OK
But in fact, IAH in 2F here means that check-in is done in 2F but the flight actually departs from 2E. But the good news here for you is that, for those flights, they depart from L or M.
Bravo! You are the CDG wizard.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With the supposed need for enhanced security for flights to the USA, I'm surprised that all AF and DL flights to the USA aren't in the same terminal and same gate areas, at least temporarily for the remainder of the summer.
They all are in the same terminal (again, it is only check in which is at 2F, and the new security measures are specifically at the gate throughout the European airports implementing them). And because the measures are gate specific, same pier, even if it was possible at all (I doubt it, too many leaving/arriving at peak times) would not make a difference.

From what I understand, the new security measures seem to focus on specific risks and fears such as:

- fake smartphones/electronic devices that would just serve to detonate explosive devices hidden inside a person's body,
- terrorists individually passing with "inoffensive" parts and then giving them to one of them to assemble a bomb just before boarding

The second case is what has led to the gate checks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.