Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hub 2012, satellite S4 and future CDG2 developments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
On the smaller German business destinations like Hanover, Nuremberg, Air France has kept all its frequencies (and increased its O&D fares!), and Lufthansa Group has withdrawn completely from these markets which had 3 or 4 CRJs every day. So there isn't enough O&D to justify even CRJs by Germanwings to Paris.
I would have thought that AF increasing its O&D fares reflect the disappearance of LH group competition on those routes.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NickB
I would have thought that AF increasing its O&D fares reflect the disappearance of LH group competition on those routes.
Yes, that is what happened. The sequence in my syntax does not reflect the order in wthich things happened in the market. LH quit -> AF kept its frequencies but raised fares.

I'll go back to my writing classes

Last edited by San Gottardo; Mar 3, 2015 at 6:17 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I didn’t want to start a new thread at that stage, so I’m bumping this old one instead.
Here is an interesting article from La Tribune (in French) about future CDG terminal 4
https://www.latribune.fr/entreprises...sy-770426.html

This new terminal will be built north of 2E/F, where current T3 is. T3 will be destroyed (I don’t think anyone will regret it )
1st part should open by 2024 (construction should last 20 years overall !!). It will be for Skyteam airlines (it doesn’t say if Skyteam will leave 2E/F/G)
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:52 am

Thank you Goldorak for sharing this, very interesting.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
If only all SkyTeam airlines were under the same roof at CDG and they would give up the security screening for flights arriving from EU and US it would become a great place to connect.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mirk
If only all SkyTeam airlines were under the same roof at CDG and they would give up the security screening for flights arriving from EU and US it would become a great place to connect.
Amen!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
At 2E Ive had departure procedures taking me more than 1.5 hours (With Sky Priority!) and arrival passport controls taking about the same time. So if the 2E check in and passport control on departure, with sometimes lines snaking throughout the entire terminal, and the long and unpleasant lines at passport control in 2E upon arrival would be reduced to at least a third of what they are now, then it would also be a great place to arrive and depart from.

Oh wait...that'll never happen, because there are more passengers moving through those areas than what it's designed for....it will only get worse!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zembla
At 2E Ive had departure procedures taking me more than 1.5 hours (With Sky Priority!) and arrival passport controls taking about the same time. So if the 2E check in and passport control on departure, with sometimes lines snaking throughout the entire terminal, and the long and unpleasant lines at passport control in 2E upon arrival would be reduced to at least a third of what they are now, then it would also be a great place to arrive and depart from.

Oh wait...that'll never happen, because there are more passengers moving through those areas than what it's designed for....it will only get worse!
Yep... Passports are ok when connecting outside of the peak hours though (just did 2F-2E-K). Last week I pulled a connection in 10min (gate to gate) with passport control at AMS, not sure this can be done in CDG unless doing 2F-2F.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Yep... Passports are ok when connecting outside of the peak hours though (just did 2F-2E-K). Last week I pulled a connection in 10min (gate to gate) with passport control at AMS, not sure this can be done in CDG unless doing 2F-2F.
All my terminal 2 transfers have been smooth over the past years. In fact, they have been pleasant.

It's just when your journey starts or ends in CDG 2E the situation is often horrendous during the busy hours. I'm fed up with all the unpleasantness and hassles so much that I've started avoiding AF ex CDG for it, and I rather make an LH connection in FRA for example. Not that it's AF's fault.

Last edited by Zembla; Mar 6, 2018 at 2:41 pm
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zembla
So if the 2E check in and passport control on departure, with sometimes lines snaking throughout the entire terminal, and the long and unpleasant lines at passport control in 2E upon arrival would be reduced to at least a third of what they are now, then it would also be a great place to arrive and depart from.
As long as the border police finds ok to have 1000 people waiting and half of the booths closed, I doubt they will be reduced. Last time I mentioned this to one of the agents controlling the queue she told be "...Perhaps you can fly to another country so you don't wait in queue..."
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
As long as the border police finds ok to have 1000 people waiting and half of the booths closed, I doubt they will be reduced. Last time I mentioned this to one of the agents controlling the queue she told be "...Perhaps you can fly to another country so you don't wait in queue..."
“Half the booths closed” implies half the booths open. Something I have *never* seen. Max one third, and usually just four or five.

And of course all ten biometric passport gates out of service.

​​​​​​​Pathetic.
Goldorak, saraoutou and Zembla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.