Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Flew YYZ - YQR yesterday and the meal and drink orders were taken on the ground at the gate. 30 minutes into the flight, all meals were delivered by the SD with the snack (almond and cashew mix) and drink included. Everything all at once. It made a cheap meal tray seem even cheaper. There was no reason for it either.
This is definitely a new one. After how many thousands of flights in J on AC this hasn't happened to me... Yet.

The closest for me is one time the SD physically plunks the J tray on all our tables (with full recoil bounce) with all the tin foil and plastic still and everything full enveloping everything. No biggie since we all could unwrap everything ourselves, but it was definitely tacky. This was for a 2.5 hour flight and no IRROPS, no storms, no turbulence, no anything. Perhaps the SD was working on modified duties and unwrapping food items would exacerbate a pre existing injury. Yeah, that must be it.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is definitely a new one. After how many thousands of flights in J on AC this hasn't happened to me... Yet.

The closest for me is one time the SD physically plunks the J tray on all our tables (with full recoil bounce) with all the tin foil and plastic still and everything full enveloping everything. No biggie since we all could unwrap everything ourselves, but it was definitely tacky. This was for a 2.5 hour flight and no IRROPS, no storms, no turbulence, no anything. Perhaps the SD was working on modified duties and unwrapping food items would exacerbate a pre existing injury. Yeah, that must be it.
I had this happened only once and that was in PY. In fact I think it's better to keep the covers/wraps on from a hygiene point of view.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:18 am

Some of the last few comments made me double check I was/wasn't reading the "AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?" Thread.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Some of the last few comments made me double check I was/wasn't reading the "AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?" Thread.
Don't worry, you're in the right thread.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Smile

Flew YYZ - YQR yesterday and the meal and drink orders were taken on the ground at the gate. 30 minutes into the flight, all meals were delivered by the SD with the snack (almond and cashew mix) and drink included. Everything all at once. It made a cheap meal tray seem even cheaper. There was no reason for it either.
On my recent YYZ-YVR flight it was over two hours before the main was served. But, we had stale but warm) nuts to enjoy before that.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Sounds like the Rapidair type of service, perhaps you had a SD that usually does Rapidair?

Also you don't say if this was on an Airbus or Embraer narrow body, if Embraer, then it's likely that the SD was doing what needed to be done in the J cabin before going to help with the Y cabin service.

I'm unclear how this makes for a cheap service though?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I disagree with what you're implying.

Originally Posted by jaysona
Sounds like the Rapidair type of service, perhaps you had a SD that usually does Rapidair?
No, I am quite familiar with the SD in question. The SD does YYZ-YQR quite frequently.

Also you don't say if this was on an Airbus or Embraer narrow body, if Embraer, then it's likely that the SD was doing what needed to be done in the J cabin before going to help with the Y cabin service.
It was an Embraer. I almost exclusively fly the Embraer on this route (A319 once in a while). While I know what you're getting at and I understand that the SD helps in Y on the Embraer, this is the first time I've experience this situation where everything comes all at once. Note: it's a 3 hour flight.

I'm unclear how this makes for a cheap service though?
Is it the end of the world? No, obviously not. Did I survive the flight? Barely. I was sharing my experience on a flight with North America Executive class meal service. I think that advertising a pre-meal drink/snack, then delivering it all at once is tacky. The drink/snack service is nice and allows enjoyment of the snack without a cooling tray of food sitting in front of you.

First world problem? Of course. Did they provide the service as advertised? Not in my opinion.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Irrelevant
First world problem? Of course. Did they provide the service as advertised? Not in my opinion.
Fair enough.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
No, I am quite familiar with the SD in question. The SD does YYZ-YQR quite frequently.

It was an Embraer. I almost exclusively fly the Embraer on this route (A319 once in a while). While I know what you're getting at and I understand that the SD helps in Y on the Embraer, this is the first time I've experience this situation where everything comes all at once. Note: it's a 3 hour flight.
I haven't flown that route, but since it's not PLH, I assume the order would usually be:

- drinks and packaged nuts followed by
- salad, main course and dessert served all at once (and only a choice of 2 main courses on the Embraer)
?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I haven't flown that route, but since it's not PLH, I assume the order would usually be:

- drinks and packaged nuts followed by
- salad, main course and dessert served all at once (and only a choice of 2 main courses on the Embraer)
?
Yes, you are correct. Except it's rarely packaged nuts and usually dished nuts.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So much nuts around here these days.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Only three options
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
delete

Last edited by Jasper2009; Oct 10, 2016 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Only three options
1. Look at your menu and look at my menu from April AC 792 LAX-YYZ

Nothing ever changes. Gawd.

2. Only 3 choices you say. I see you got 4 choices.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 24left; Oct 10, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
1. Look at your menu and look at my menu from April AC 792 LAX-YYZ

Nothing ever changes. Gawd.

2. Only 3 choices you say. I see you got 4 choices.

Haha whoops. 2 & 3 blended together.

I stopped reading at "veal" anyway.

Okay 4 options. I'm good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.