Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:56 am

YUL-YOW Jan 1 $118 on flex fare. Obviously declined since upgrade is wait listed. Got a bulkhead seat right now so don't care on such a short flight.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YYC-YYZ today, Tango, $469 each. Declined.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
YUL-LAS on Tango fare, $628/ea for 4 people on same PNR. Declined.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iamaho
Providing he isn't already *G, otherwise, it's $100 for an omelette.
Bigger seat and yes i am E50k - but i have been flying a ton lately for work - so right after christmas - i treated myself - i did get the omelette tho. The seat beside me empty - it was good
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:51 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Just recently was offered a YVR-HKG upgrade for C$789.

YEG-YVR was also offered for C$189.

(took the YVR-HKG upgrade, declined the YEG-YVR upgrade)
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jbb
Just recently was offered a YVR-HKG upgrade for C$789.
That's a really interesting price. If I may ask, what sort of fare were you on?

Put that against a $750 co-pay for eups that Es will be paying soon (+ maybe the Tango to Flex differential depending on fare type) and it looks very attractive.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy

Put that against a $750 co-pay for eups that Es will be paying soon (+ maybe the Tango to Flex differential depending on fare type) and it looks very attractive.
I wonder if the co-pay will change how many LMUs are offered when people are waitlisted.

If 10 people are waitlisted for 5 seats, there's really no point offering an LMU and pissing off the Elites, because AC would get the same money either way.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I wonder if the co-pay will change how many LMUs are offered when people are waitlisted.

If 10 people are waitlisted for 5 seats, there's really no point offering an LMU and pissing off the Elites, because AC would get the same money either way.
Good question but I don't think AC gives a damn about E50s and E75s.

It does make you wonder what AC's strategy is when they are offering TPAC LMUs for the same price as an eUp copay.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:39 pm
jbb

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy

Yeah, I thought it was a very interesting price as well, hence I jumped on it. C$789 upgrade for a 13.5 hour flight to int'l biz class seemed like a good deal, especially relative to the other upgrade pricing I've seen on this board. I was on a Flex fare FYI.

I've done paid last minute upgrades a few other times on other airlines over the past 6 years and they've ranged in price from GBP350 on a UA flight from LHR-LAX (old biz class) to EUR1,000 for an LX flight from JNB-ZUR (again, old biz class).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by jbb
Yeah, I thought it was a very interesting price as well, hence I jumped on it. C$789 upgrade for a 13.5 hour flight to int'l biz class seemed like a good deal, especially relative to the other upgrade pricing I've seen on this board. I was on a Flex fare FYI.

I've done paid last minute upgrades a few other times on other airlines over the past 6 years and they've ranged in price from GBP350 on a UA flight from LHR-LAX (old biz class) to EUR1,000 for an LX flight from JNB-ZUR (again, old biz class).
Can I ask if you were on the older 1-2-1 77W pods or LX-style 2-2-2/1-2-1 J 77P? Wondering if the downgraded J product is leading to lower LMUs
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Also, can you let us know how full the J cabin was on the flight? I paid $799 for YYZ-HKG in August, 2012, and I was 1 of 3 people in the aft cabin.

So I'm wondering if the figures have something to do with unsold seats.

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Can I ask if you were on the older 1-2-1 77W pods or LX-style 2-2-2/1-2-1 J 77P? Wondering if the downgraded J product is leading to lower LMUs
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:06 pm

YYC-YVR $209+
From aeroplan ticket. Declined and cleaned out me e-up account.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:14 pm

Flight YVR-YEG on Jan 01/14. LMU offered approximately 20 hours before flight. Aeroplan ticket.

$159+. Decided to roll dice and wait list to use eUpgrades, upgrade didn't clear.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:59 pm
jbb

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Additional Details on the C$789 paid LMU from YVR-HKG:

It was on the older non-HD 777 (1-2-1 suite configuration in biz). So, no, cannot confirm that the downgraded J-product is leading to lower LMU's.

J-class was completely full, so it wasn't as if they had masses of supply to give away.

I was offered the upgrade at online check-in about 12 hours before departure.

As mentioned before: on a flex fare ticket.

Last edited by jbb; Jan 4, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:57 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
YVR>YEG $219 early this morning, plus the usual 'taxes'. Offered at T-12. Declined. Received op-up at gate anyway. ^_^

$219 is a bit steep for an omelette, innit?

Edit to add: from cheapo Tango fare. Our ac....ants wish us to exercise restraint in purchasing tickets for business travel, an admirable attitude given our present parlous economies.

Last edited by mevlannen; Feb 2, 2014 at 12:58 pm Reason: added fare information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.