Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by M Singh
YVR-HKG Feb 20th, Tango fare. Just completed OLCI.
Offered LMU for PE at $650, for Biz $1068
Declined both.
Is it just me, or does the PE price sound way too high?
J sounds fair, PE too high.

Which is odd, since I figure much of the PE cabin will be upgrading on these flights so there would be many LMUs to sell into PE.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by The Lev
I would agree with the PE being way too high. Maybe they do that to make J look reasonable.
Or they know how badly you'd want to get out of the sardine section
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by M Singh
YVR-HKG Feb 20th, Tango fare. Just completed OLCI.
Offered LMU for PE at $650, for Biz $1068
Declined both.
Is it just me, or does the PE price sound way too high?
This goes to show how absurd is the elite copay of 750$. The buy-up to flex plus $750.00 is more than the LMU of 1068.00 from the tango fare. Not to mention the LMU purchaser gets to bypass the poor guy waiting for his elite upgrade to clear.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
YYZ-LHR offered at online checkin for only $4380.00. Nope that's not a typo.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by danapop
YYZ-LHR offered at online checkin for only $4380.00. Nope that's not a typo.
Not a typo, but surely the decimal place could be shifted one place to the left, no?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by eyeball1
This goes to show how absurd is the elite copay of 750$. The buy-up to flex plus $750.00 is more than the LMU of 1068.00 from the tango fare. Not to mention the LMU purchaser gets to bypass the poor guy waiting for his elite upgrade to clear.
Yes, but the person in Tango will only get 50% miles even with LMU (unless they credit to UA of course).
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Not a typo, but surely the decimal place could be shifted one place to the left, no?
Nope is was over 4k. If it was 4 hundred I might have taken it.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AC SE
YYZ-YYC Feb 21 on a Flex fare. LMU offered at $488. Declined. Was waitlisted for an upgrade, but didn't clear.

Flight availability at check-in was J3Y2.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YYZ-SFO Feb 23 (T-24) $869 from on an X fare.

And did OLCI offer me the eUpgrade option? Of course not.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's J1

Starting to think I should have taken an under the table "LMU" offer yesterday on SFO-YYZ for $299

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 22, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC403 YUL-YYZ tomorrow on a V fare - 80.00 + tax. Declined.

AC830 YYZ-YUL tomorrow on a V fare - 80.00 + tax. Accepted as I miss the pods coming in from AC8 in the 777HD last night
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, but the person in Tango will only get 50% miles even with LMU (unless they credit to UA of course).
So? That's only an extra 4000 miles. Economically speaking the co-pays have completely destroyed most of the rationale for upgrading internationally, which is good for SEs I suppose. Time will tell how empty J will be off-season on tpac and tatls, or if AC adjusts the pricing of flex or J accordingly.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:07 pm

YUL-YVR $539+ from a Tango fare.
J9+
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
So? That's only an extra 4000 miles. Economically speaking the co-pays have completely destroyed most of the rationale for upgrading internationally, which is good for SEs I suppose. Time will tell how empty J will be off-season on tpac and tatls, or if AC adjusts the pricing of flex or J accordingly.
I really don't get why people keep saying it's good for SE's? The fares you can upgrade before your window still don't require a co-pay. And fares that you can upgrade at your window SE was always before a non-SE. Argo no impact on SE's.

If anything it's going to reduce the number of Op-ups an SE might get domestically because E's will be using credits more domestically now.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
If anything it's going to reduce the number of Op-ups an SE might get domestically because E's will be using credits more domestically now.
Common misconception friend. Even if E's use more credits domestically, SE's outrank them on the upgrade list so who cares? We'll get the seats no matter what.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
Common misconception friend. Even if E's use more credits domestically, SE's outrank them on the upgrade list so who cares? We'll get the seats no matter what.
He is talking about Op-ups not eUps and Peever is right. More E35/50/75 burning on domestic legs mean more upgrades processed before op-ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.