Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Please list your AP Taxes and SURCHARGES on AP reward tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA Fan
Routes that do not have fuel surcharges (YQ) when operated by carriers that normally charge YQ:

1. USA-Germany-Other country. If only the Germany-other country segment is on LH it does not have YQ. E.g. DFW-FRA-BLR with TATL on UA and FRA-BLR on LH.
2. USA-Canada-Other country. The USA-Canada segment on AC does not have YQ if the Canada-Other country segment is operated by a carrier that does not charge YQ. E.g. DFW-YYZ-ADD.
Print Wikipost

Please list your AP Taxes and SURCHARGES on AP reward tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by seks
Towards end of April. There was no YYC-SEA direct nor YYC-YVR-SEA nor any other combo. Needed 3 seats to TPE for that particular date and SEA-TPE was the only segment that has those vacancies. Unfortunately, only 2 is J and 1 is Y. Been checking gazillion times a day everyday on kvstool for a new J vacancy to come up. May try to plead my case with BR at the gate on day of flight...wishful thinking though.

I had an option of choosing UA from LAX-TPE but it's on A/C 744
I just did a quick search over the next few days and it was pretty easy to get 3 J seats on BR ex-LAX. Since you have the YYC-LAX leg already, I think you'll be in pretty good shape.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I just did a quick search over the next few days and it was pretty easy to get 3 J seats on BR ex-LAX. Since you have the YYC-LAX leg already, I think you'll be in pretty good shape.
The fact remains that the AC is a 747; far cry from the 77W running out of SFO, SEA, and shortly YVR.

So pick your pain, a few domestic quick flights and a TPAC in a good J product, or a more direct routing in a very Old, antiquated J product.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
KRK-ZRH-BKK-SIN-DPS, simple one way, booked online, CAD44 tax, 75k points
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
There is flight BR 5 on the day that we get to LAX but only 2 seats available in J. 3rd one would need to be in Y. Yes BR 5 would be a better segment since arrival to TPE would be on an evening. As mentioned, had to get BR 25 out of SEA just to get the Js but downside is we get to TPE at sunrise.

Such a gamble trying to find all Js

Originally Posted by hearna
The fact remains that the AC is a 747; far cry from the 77W running out of SFO, SEA, and shortly YVR.
The A/C 744 would be on UA coming out of SFO
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:40 am

Can't seem to find the answer on AP website. I know it's $100 change fee for one-way ticket. How much for round-trip?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Can't seem to find the answer on AP website. I know it's $100 change fee for one-way ticket. How much for round-trip?
$200?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:46 pm

$200 for non-Diamond members; $150 for Diamond members.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:08 pm

Google?

from FT itself

Round-trip = 2 "directions" = 2 x $100 = $200, as others said
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:07 pm

So if you have a round-trip ticket and need to make a change for both directions - you are better off to cancel it for $150, rather than pay $100 x 2 to change it, no?

Any way you slice it - those fees are HORRID...makes redeeming Aeroplan points a game of Flyers Russian Roulette...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
So if you have a round-trip ticket and need to make a change for both directions - you are better off to cancel it for $150, rather than pay $100 x 2 to change it, no?

Any way you slice it - those fees are HORRID...makes redeeming Aeroplan points a game of Flyers Russian Roulette...
Assuming you can still see availability on all legs, yes. But if not, there is no guarantee that what you cancel will go back into award inventory.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Google?

from FT itself

Round-trip = 2 "directions" = 2 x $100 = $200, as others said
Called into AP and made the change on the round-trip tickets. It is $100 change fee per ticket for one direction.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Long time lurker, this thread helped me a lot. Here's my contribution

YUL-YYZ AC Y
YYZ-TPE BR J
TPE-SGN BR J

$74.17 + 77.5K AE
Old May 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Just booked the following for January 2018, all in J and booked on line for 160,000 miles and taxes of $175.86

YYZ-TPE-FUK Destination 1
FUK-SIN SQ (stopover but overnight only)
SIN-PER SQ Destination 2
PER-SIN-TPE-YYZ (SQ/SQ/BR)

I think that's good value for over 25,000 miles of flying and visiting Japan, Singapore and Australia

PS-for the truly insane flyer, I did notice one flight back from Perth that was Perth-Johannesburg-São Paulo-Toronto all in one swoop. Another choice was via Mubai.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by mapleg
I think that's good value for over 25,000 miles of flying and visiting Japan, Singapore and Australia.
Nice! That's a decent deal for that much mileage.

What kind of metal are we talking about?
Old May 9, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Nice! That's a decent deal for that much mileage.

What kind of metal are we talking about?
EVA from Toronto to Taipei and on to Fukuoka and from Taipei back to YYZ.

All the rest is on SQ

PS-I noticed one routing to Perth AC gave me (via Europe, Bangkok and back via Bankgok and Beijing) had taxes and fees of $1,954.06 for one person! Think I will stick with my routing and $175.86.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.