Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ajcopley
Although on my recent YVR --> YYC --> FRA flight (2 weeks ago), AC had no problem seating AC employees (2 pilots and 1 FA) up in first class on the YVR --> YYC leg, while I was seated in coach (my connecting flight YYC --> FRA was premium economy). So they're only stingy when it comes to their paying customers ;-)
What is your issue? Surely employees are upgraded when those seats remain unsold after ticketed passengers are first offered the opportunity to buy-up or request certs upgrades. Dare I say most people enjoy perques offered by their employer too.

Last edited by californiadreamin'; May 28, 2018 at 10:15 am Reason: Clarify
Old May 28, 2018, 11:25 am

Does AC ever upgrades you for free? Never got that before except once when they overbooked economy and was last to board lol!

Is ExpertFlyer worth it if only flying Aeroplan/Air Canada
Old May 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Does AC ever upgrades you for free? Never got that before except once when they overbooked economy and was last to board lol!

It DOES happen from time to time. Such as described here. But AC does not upgrade for free unless required for operational reasons.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
EF is worth it not just only for Air Canada, IMHO. If one doesn't fly often enough to want to check loads, then it might not be worth it to them.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:20 pm

Is anyone willing/able to share business class availability for AC 846, on June 4th?
Old May 28, 2018, 10:44 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by t_rex
Is anyone willing/able to share business class availability for AC 846, on June 4th?
Here you go:

J7 C7 D7 Z0 P0 R0 O7 E6 N4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S8 T4 L0 K0
Old May 29, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Here you go:

J7 C7 D7 Z0 P0 R0 O7 E6 N4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S8 T4 L0 K0
Thanks!
Old May 29, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
delete

Last edited by ajcopley; May 29, 2018 at 10:35 am
Old May 29, 2018, 10:00 am

Shouldnt AC at least gives the 150% aeroplan miles+status when upgrading with the cost they charge to do it? Seems like 750$+21pts to get only 50% rewards a bit high
Old May 29, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
What is your issue? Surely employees are upgraded when those seats remain unsold after ticketed passengers are first offered the opportunity to buy-up or request certs upgrades. Dare I say most people enjoy perques offered by their employer too.
No issue...it was more of an off-the-cheek comment. It is what it is, and was also before I was so kindly educated by the other members on this thread on Air Canada's stinginess when it comes to at-the-gate upgrades. No big deal. Now I know not to be disappointed to not get upgraded at the gate, and now I know to not be surprised to see employees sitting up at the front of the plane. That's all.
californiadreamin' likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Shouldnt AC at least gives the 150% aeroplan miles+status when upgrading with the cost they charge to do it? Seems like 750$+21pts to get only 50% rewards a bit high
Unfortunately, it's hasn't been like this for awhile, even before copay was introduced... at least since eUpgrades were introduced in 2011.

The only time, IIRC, that they awarded COS for simply upgrading was when paper certs were used and upgrades went to the C fare class which gave 25% COS. At that time the only way to get the full 50% COS was to pay full-blown J fare. They then changed it to remove COS, and upgrades went to I fare class (before I became Aeroplan J). And now it goes to R fare class.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K
Simple question, but what booking code do PY eupgrades book into? I was waitlisted at 8 days prior, and wondering if I should get my 10 additional eupgrades Select Privilege (E35K) instead of 35% bonus miles and upgrade to J (haven’t selected either yet) instead, which is available. AC118 on 6/6 in case it helps.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by therightway86
Simple question, but what booking code do PY eupgrades book into?
Upgrades into O cabin require N space. There isn't currently a different upgrade bucket for OEN PY cabin like how there is for J cabin (which is R).
Old May 31, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Duff76
did this and thank you for the suggestion. flight is this coming sunday. By way of update (because I know you are all just dying to know!), there are only J6 and, for the last several days the flight has been R0 P0. I spoke with someone at the concierge desk who said that they will first release any unsold J for P upgrades around T-72 and then open up R for lower class fare holders. So, I am cautiously optimistic still.

If I get to Friday without an upgrade I think I will cancel my Lat fare, save some cash and cry myself to London in the cattle car.
Update: Still J6 and no R or P released in the last 10 days. I am such an idiot for changing my N fare to Lat. this puppy will go to the gate and I actually paid more to downgrade my chances. As Ricky Gervais would say: "I should have left it". D'oh!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Duff76
Update: Still J6 and no R or P released in the last 10 days. I am such an idiot for changing my N fare to Lat. this puppy will go to the gate and I actually paid more to downgrade my chances. As Ricky Gervais would say: "I should have left it". D'oh!
Further update: My buddy, who is a SEMM was on an N fare and, prior to t-24, got upgraded before me on a B fare. So far as I am able to tell, this directly contraves AC's written online policy of how upgrades to J cabin are determined prior to T-24. Fiddlesticks I say. Fiddlesticks!

I guess the silver lining is that he is the only one and there are still J5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.