Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think that's true for upgrades. It's each segment on its own.
So in this case, it should look at P for 845 and Z for 223, which is positive for either married or separate booking scenarios on EF.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So in this case, it should look at P for 845 and Z for 223, which is positive for either married or separate booking scenarios on EF.
This is right- the upgrades should definitely be available.

OP just needs to find an agent who knows what they are doing.

To say that this problem originated with the Amadeus transition is ludicrous! Its been an issue for sooooo long!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think that's true for upgrades. It's each segment on its own.
Cow, if I'm an SE and have assigned a nominee (she doesn't have status). My nominee has an award flight economy class X after i redeem for her using my aeroplan points.

Can she be upgraded to J class using eupgrade credits? If yes, through my eupgrade account?

And, what is her booking window (follow my SE status or her - no status?)?

How many credits required (follow my SE status's allowance or her no status - credits + $?)?

Another case, if I give her the E50K as privilege gift, would it have an effect? Or, no effect if she follows my SE's status...
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
Cow, if I'm an SE and have assigned a nominee (she doesn't have status). My nominee has an award flight economy class X after i redeem for her using my aeroplan points.

Can she be upgraded to J class using eupgrade credits? If yes, through my eupgrade account?

And, what is her booking window (follow my SE status or her - no status?)?

How many credits required (follow my SE status's allowance or her no status - credits + $?)?

Another case, if I give her the E50K as privilege gift, would it have an effect? Or, no effect if she follows my SE's status...
I have a similar question. My spouse is flying with me on a Aeroplan ticket on the same flight. She is not my nominee and I cannot add her because that function is not available anymore online. I called the concierge yesterday and she said the upgrade can be done only 36hrs before the flight. Called the concierge line today since we are now within 36 hours and was told not possible, system limitations, check at the gate and not sure if even that is possible.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by vernonc
I have a similar question. My spouse is flying with me on a Aeroplan ticket on the same flight. She is not my nominee and I cannot add her because that function is not available anymore online. I called the concierge yesterday and she said the upgrade can be done only 36hrs before the flight. Called the concierge line today since we are now within 36 hours and was told not possible, system limitations, check at the gate and not sure if even that is possible.
In the first case it should be no problem to get added to the eup list, have the concierge do it if you cant do it online. I was told that for a nominee it was only T-24.

For the 2nd case, if your wife is not your nominee, and you are not on the same PNR I think you are out of luck, but Cow would definitely know better than me.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:58 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Where are the rules listed for upgrading Aeroplan x fares to business class cabin?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
Where are the rules listed for upgrading Aeroplan x fares to business class cabin?
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html (this is in the wiki)
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ng-window.html (this is the link within the page referenced in the wiki)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:29 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Seem like Carribean/Cun is not applicable for this , that was my curiosity mostly.

150.00 + 11 credits for YUL-LAS , doesn't seem like any kind of a deal. Nor does Europe.

I guess if one has e-ups to burn in Jan and Feb , some if this looks attractive?, a little?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
In the first case it should be no problem to get added to the eup list, have the concierge do it if you cant do it online. I was told that for a nominee it was only T-24.

For the 2nd case, if your wife is not your nominee, and you are not on the same PNR I think you are out of luck, but Cow would definitely know better than me.
Thanks.
I cannot add her as my nominee since that option on-line seems to be blacked out.
For the second case, yes she is not on my PNR but definitely on the same flight.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RZR
Seem like Carribean/Cun is not applicable for this , that was my curiosity mostly.

150.00 + 11 credits for YUL-LAS , doesn't seem like any kind of a deal. Nor does Europe.

I guess if one has e-ups to burn in Jan and Feb , some if this looks attractive?, a little?
The "deal" in this case (aside from a larger NA window, and less eUps for certain destinations) is that you are able to upgrade from Standard and Aeroplan X.
Prior to the "deal" existing, this wasn't even possible.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Gah! Domestic eUp chart

Trying to help my wife plan her eUpgrade use and therefore what bundle, etc.

Since the last time I looked, the official Air Canada eUp chart for Canada/US has switched to now only list "x and up" eUps (by fare category), but without specifying the distance thresholds and their impact on the # needed.

Does anyone have a stored copy of the old, more informative chart? Or just know how many eUps Ontario->Vancouver from low Flex?

I've tried looking at her and my eUp history but the airports provided in the list are wrong sufficiently often (esp if there were connections) that it hasn't helped me.

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montrealer
Trying to help my wife plan her eUpgrade use and therefore what bundle, etc.

Since the last time I looked, the official Air Canada eUp chart for Canada/US has switched to now only list "x and up" eUps (by fare category), but without specifying the distance thresholds and their impact on the # needed.

Does anyone have a stored copy of the old, more informative chart? Or just know how many eUps Ontario->Vancouver from low Flex?

I've tried looking at her and my eUp history but the airports provided in the list are wrong sufficiently often (esp if there were connections) that it hasn't helped me.

Thanks!
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
montrealer, Yhztraveller and thop like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
For an aeroplan premium economy ticket, whats the add on fee to upgrade to J to Europe?

The website only shows add on fee from X to J. Im SE if that matters
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supatight80
For an aeroplan premium economy ticket, whats the add on fee to upgrade to J to Europe?

The website only shows add on fee from X to J. Im SE if that matters
Upgrade from Aeroplan PE to J is not possible. This has been discussed periodically over a few threads (albeit, not the easiest to find).

This reminds me I have to start multiple wikis still.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Upgrade question

If you are waitlisted for a business class upgrade but you fail to get a seat, are you automatically put forward for a premium class seat if there is space?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.