Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's why I was confused.

All AC 777s have "3" cabins of service: J, O (PY/PE), and Y.
Well, okay sure, I wouldn't necessarily know, as a lowly 50K rouge habituée. My response was to hydrogen who said PY might be booked into B on a 2-cabin aircraft, which would be upgradeable on booking, and I said it was N on a 777, so a legit separate PY (not B). I don't know how it got into the minutia of the rest. I don't know what else flies YYZYVR - I don't fly much within Canada. ¯\_()_/¯
Thanks [MENTION=461340]RatherBeInYOW[/MENTION] for confirming The TPAC copay plus eUps is too rich for me, but the chance of a decent nap on the last leg is well worth the credits.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Well, okay sure, I wouldn't necessarily know, as a lowly 50K rouge habituée. My response was to hydrogen who said PY might be booked into B on a 2-cabin aircraft, which would be upgradeable on booking, and I said it was N on a 777, so a legit separate PY (not B). I don't know how it got into the minutia of the rest. I don't know what else flies YYZYVR - I don't fly much within Canada. ¯\_()_/¯
Thanks [MENTION=461340]RatherBeInYOW[/MENTION] for confirming The TPAC copay plus eUps is too rich for me, but the chance of a decent nap on the last leg is well worth the credits.
Yeah, no biggie. You mentioned "3-cabin" so I just wanted you to know that all AC 777s and 787s have J/O/Y in case that somehow influenced any of your strategy (or not), or simply for future.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Useful to know - no problem. I did once expect to be on a wide body in J and turned out to be 321 on a red eye, and another time expected one of those Air Georgian things and found it was a wide body with pods. I need to pay more attention when I pick the flights rather than two weeks before when it occurs to me, "hey, I could upgrade... is there anything to upgrade to?"
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Useful to know - no problem. I did once expect to be on a wide body in J and turned out to be 321 on a red eye, and another time expected one of those Air Georgian things and found it was a wide body with pods. I need to pay more attention when I pick the flights rather than two weeks before when it occurs to me, "hey, I could upgrade... is there anything to upgrade to?"
It's an elaborate game.

OPM and booking Sunday/Thursday flights on a Wednesday, if I'm lucky, I get what I get.

(Still better than UA)

But I'm at about 55% of my AQM/AQS, and 90% AQD, with eups to burn.

They saw me coming several segments away.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I believe that Air Canada removed any references to R bucket being used for upgrades and P and Z buckets for upgrades from Latitude or PE Flexible.

I dont see that on their website anymore. Is is just me and I am missing it? Or has it actually been removed??

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...s/request.html
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
I believe that Air Canada removed any references to R bucket being used for upgrades and P and Z buckets for upgrades from Latitude or PE Flexible.

I dont see that on their website anymore. Is is just me and I am missing it? Or has it actually been removed??

They've since removed everything (useful) from the website regarding eUpgrades, including the euograde promotion requirements chart... well, they removed the links, but the pages still exist (a bunch of posted the link in various threads since the migration since everyone was asking about it). I'm sure someone can find (or has bookmarked) the page where it states the Latitude to P/Z part.

Or even better... I bet someone here has the ACPedia reference number...
Plumber and gcashin like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Confirm eupgrade for PE, waitlist for J?

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. It's been a while since I've upgraded and never on a 3-class plane. For a flight next week PE is available, but J is waitlisted. Can I confirm the PE upgrade and stay on the waitlist for J?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
You cannot
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Academic
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. It's been a while since I've upgraded and never on a 3-class plane. For a flight next week PE is available, but J is waitlisted. Can I confirm the PE upgrade and stay on the waitlist for J?
As mentioned, no you can't. If you confirm in PE you can't then request to J.

You are automatically waitlisted for PE (whether you want to or not, you can decline it too but by then any preferred or non middle seat is normally gone) if you don't make the J eUp, but I believe that's still done after all PE requests have been processed so you may be very low on the list.

Of course, given the current IT situation all bets are off as to anything clearing. You can of course see the eUp lists at t-24h and judge where you are on the list.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Thanks. I'll take my chances.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!

Originally Posted by yyznomad
They've since removed everything (useful) from the website regarding eUpgrades, including the euograde promotion requirements chart... well, they removed the links, but the pages still exist (a bunch of posted the link in various threads since the migration since everyone was asking about it). I'm sure someone can find (or has bookmarked) the page where it states the Latitude to P/Z part.

Or even better... I bet someone here has the ACPedia reference number...
Does this mean a change in policy? Or just removal of information? I tried to upgrade a Latitude Flight Pass flight from Europe to Canada that shows P6 R0, and was waitlisted, not confirmed. THis is not unusual. However, if there was a change in policy about immediately upgrading from Latitude to business if P is available, I won't bother calling in.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Does this mean a change in policy? Or just removal of information? I tried to upgrade a Latitude Flight Pass flight from Europe to Canada that shows P6 R0, and was waitlisted, not confirmed. THis is not unusual. However, if there was a change in policy about immediately upgrading from Latitude to business if P is available, I won't bother calling in.
There is no chnage in policy that I am aware of.

Upgrading from P or Z often needed a call before Amadeus, and so probably needs a call now .
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
There is no chnage in policy that I am aware of.

Upgrading from P or Z often needed a call before Amadeus, and so probably needs a call now .
I've called twice since posting, and emailed the Concierge, and all told me R is required. However, none can point to a change in policy.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:40 am

I've called twice since posting, and emailed the Concierge, and all told me R is required. However, none can point to a change in policy.
Well they have removed any reference to upgrading using Z or P availability. But i just had the opposite experience to you, as they did upgrade me from Z on a B fare... but they did say 'No' at first. But maybe they forced that upgrade as part of their 'proactive' push... I guess time will tell.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Get the concierge or the call centre to contact NRD and have NRD have the final say (that is, NRD will advise that your instant upgrade is indeed possible as P>0)
skybluesea likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.