Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:43 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ylwae
Can't book anything using my flight pass--not on the web, not on the app, not with phone or iPad, not with desktop, and regardless of the browser. It's either an error message (app) or being unable to click past the home page (everything else).
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Same. 06:20 Eastern time.
I had the same problem yesterday afternoon and still going this morning.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Same. 06:20 Eastern time.
Same!! I am a UNITED customer and flying to St. John no choice but to do air Canada and every single flight was a nightmare. The app was a nightmare too
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC.SE
So far I’ve been on the phone for over an hour with an agent on the SE line as she and various help desk people try to make this booking. They’re getting errors with the pass too and not sure what to do about it.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fayewolf
Same!! I am a UNITED customer and flying to St. John no choice but to do air Canada and every single flight was a nightmare. The app was a nightmare too
You're a United customer, but were having problems with an Air Canada flight pass? Which is the specific product that was referred to in the post you quoted... Or was yours just a normal revenue ticket?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by fayewolf
St. John
Where?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 24left

In other news, I was given this option last night on Chrome (no incognito). It was a straight line to AC.com, no stops along the way, no links from GF. I have not been to France is quite some time and I am pretty sure my computers and mobile devices were not there without me. Unless AC.com thinks France is Taiwan. Frankly, I'm only interested in the France edition of AC.com if it comes with a nice croissant.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I had this happen to me too, but for some reason with Norway?

... This was for a trip YVR-BOS. Not sure how that ended up with Norway, as the alternative language selection, but.... Sure. Also on Chrome non-incognito, no VPN or anything.

Continuing my "world tour" courtesy of AC.com.....

Manage Bookings tells me I have left France (where I wasn't), and I've now arrived to

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Hello Neighbour! (?)

@Smiley90

This just popped up. Chrome. No incognito.

Smiley90 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
The AC website is garbage and the phone service is worse. Wasted 6 hours today trying to get through
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC SE
Trying to book a flight tonight, all AC metal to the US, but keep getting an error message. Tried multiple destinations, dates, and computers/browsers. Don't really feel like waiting on hold with AC forever.

There appears to be an issue with the flights you selected; please try again, or try choosing different flights. If the problem persists, please contact Air Canada Reservations for assistance. (77177)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You can fill in the online customer relations form. That's usually fairly effective.
Thanks for the suggestion. Is it this page? https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...r-support.html
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by princesakura
Thanks for the suggestion. Is it this page? https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...r-support.html
Yes. Fair warning, that's the form for AC, and since SAUA is administered by Aeroplan, they may punt you to Aeroplan, but if you get a sympathetic agent, they may pass it on to Aeroplan for you. I would emphasize the lengthy hold times at Aeroplan and say you've already tried phoning in several times but been unable to get through (but don't say that in an angry way, which will not get you sympathy).

Aeroplan, unfortunately, doesn't have a similar form, so the best way to go to them directly would probably be via Twitter DM. I would probably try the AC online form first because I'm not on Twitter and have no desire to be, but if you're already on it, that might be faster than going via AC.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@Smiley90

This just popped up. Chrome. No incognito.

I think this has to do with your computer location service, and cookies. The cookies are normally loaded when you first go to the AC web page. They might get removed, or not, when closing the browser and/or rebooting, depending upon settings. The other thing that's unclear: does aircanada.com rely upon location determined initially by that cookie, or does it recheck current location?

This said, the thing seems to work for most people, My experience has been than when in another country, they usually identify it correctly, although sometimes they also still see me in Canada. That I sometimes connect through my home VPN and sometimes not may further cloud location issues too.

Anyway, it seems only a few of you encounter these strange issues. It is likely a combination between the somewhat brain-dead way that aircanada.com uses cookies and does things, and your configuration/settings. Such as, showing you logged on when you are not, and other very strange and unpredictable things.

I should add that I block as many cookies (and web sites, trackers, single pixel "figures" meant as hidden trackers) as I can with most things still working, and that I remove cookies regularly.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:14 pm

Aeroplan booking problems

Trying to book an aeroplan ticket online and system kicks me to air canada booking. Anyone else having problems?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Outstanding tall
Trying to book an aeroplan ticket online and system kicks me to air canada booking. Anyone else having problems?
Now includes that option to give you a comparison, but only if you click on it. Which is not hard to do inadvertently.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:41 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
I received a flurry of notifications and an email - Due to schedule changes my entire itinerary is messed up I'm now landing in YYZ after my connecting YQB flight leaves...

Called AC and of course because it's a reward booking I have to call Aeroplan

On hold for 2 hours yesterday , I had to do other things to do and hung up
So far this morning 60 minutes and counting

Last edited by Queen B; Jan 23, 2020 at 8:42 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen B
I received a flurry of notifications and an email - Due to schedule changes my entire itinerary is messed up I'm now landing in YYZ after my connecting YQB flight leaves...

Called AC and of course because it's a reward booking I have to call Aeroplan

On hold for 2 hours yesterday , I had to do other things to do and hung up
So far this morning 60 minutes and counting

If the trip is not very soon, I would just wait for the next "flurry of notifications." Onus should be on them to fix an impossible or illegal routing.

(BTW between day before yesterday and yesterday, my flurry included 12 notifications. Sitting on them for a little while.)
traacs and Queen B like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.