Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: What's difference between a lead agent and manager ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:59 am
Original Poster

From what i seen at the airports, they all look the same to me and have the same work, i needed a manager and they send me a lead agent, did the job so i was just curious ..ahh well
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:11 pm

The Lead agent is like a team leader or team captain. That person reports to The Manager. Just one more step in the corporate ladder one must climb
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by imverge
The Lead agent is like a team leader or team captain. That person reports to The Manager. Just one more step in the corporate ladder one must climb
To add to that, from what I understand the Lead Agent is part of the Union whereas the Manager isn't (obviously).

Don't know the difference of empowerment however.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 3:38 pm

Wouldn't a lead agent be paid hourly and scheduled hours could vary from pay period to pay period and a manager earns a flat salary.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:10 pm

An ex-AC lead agent told me that the difference is essentially that the manager can discipline employees, whereas the lead agent cannot. Otherwise the positions are very similar, with the lead agent position obviously having much greater job security.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 8:29 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
and where do conceirges fit in this structure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.