Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by flying chef
Made it to 25K - early recognition received. Will make it to 35K before October 31. Will I receive early recognition a second time ?
Yes
flying chef likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan
This year is the first year that Mrs Viper is going to hit any meaningful status bumps as we’ve been traveling a bit during the promos. I think she’s going to hit SE by the end of Oct. i have a few questions regarding some of the benefits that I don’t normally select so not sure how they work.

Gifting status for a friend at 75k and SE, can you gift them to different people at each bump? And if that person has a premium card does gifted status count as earned status in respect for EUp rollover to the following year? Or does the person who’s gifted 35k status for example in October have to burn them by January.

Also the rollover SQM for the 2500 and 5000. If she hits both does that roll over a total of 7500 or just 5000.

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
This year is the first year that Mrs Viper is going to hit any meaningful status bumps as we’ve been traveling a bit during the promos. I think she’s going to hit SE by the end of Oct. i have a few questions regarding some of the benefits that I don’t normally select so not sure how they work.

Gifting status for a friend at 75k and SE, can you gift them to different people at each bump? And if that person has a premium card does gifted status count as earned status in respect for EUp rollover to the following year? Or does the person who’s gifted 35k status for example in October have to burn them by January.

Also the rollover SQM for the 2500 and 5000. If she hits both does that roll over a total of 7500 or just 5000.

Thanks
Hi,

I also just got 75k and had a similar but more basic/underlying question - if I gift 35k to someone for early recognition, do they get the full set of 35k eupgrades? If so, when would those expire?

Thanks!

Corey
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by CoreyMTL
Hi,

I also just got 75k and had a similar but more basic/underlying question - if I gift 35k to someone for early recognition, do they get the full set of 35k eupgrades? If so, when would those expire?

Thanks!

Corey
Upgrades selected after July 1/22 expire mid January 2024 regardless of source. I started the year 75k and selected 35 extra eUps and gifted my son 35k in July - full eUps (20+10) for him.

Got early recognition in August and gifted my daughter 35k - full eUps (20+10) for her. However,, the early recognition member (me) can only select 10 more eUps. All of these upgrades will go to January 2024,, but my kids’ status gifts will expire at the end of 2022, unless they have an AP credit card to extend (which they don’t). However, I will be able to select a new gift in 2023.

Hope that helps. JF13
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I hit early qualification for 75K yesterday, and I've already chosen my select benefits. Oddly, I just received an email congratulating me for achieving 50K status, and inviting me to choose benefits before December 30.
I've been E50K since last December. Not sure what prompted this email now.

Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Must be an IT glitch. I qualified for Super Elite when my most recent trip posted overnight and I got the exact same email this afternoon, except saying my Aeroplan 75K status starts today. I think the same thing may have happened when I made 75K a few months ago, indicating my 50K status was starting, even though I started the year at 50K.
King Chung Huang likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Opportunity to select benefits disappeared?

Hmm, when I logged in I saw that I had hit early qualification for 50K and was able to select my benefits. I opened another tab to look at the conditions for some of the benefits and accidentally closed the one I was selecting benefits on. When I navigated back, the ability to select benefits disappeared.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:20 am

Is there still an Oct 31 deadline for early qualification? On ac.com I just see the following, with no reference to a deadline:

Reach a higher status tier early? That’s great! You can choose your Select Benefits** as soon as you qualify for a higher Elite Status and enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year.

I am $52 short of qualifying for 50k (already have the SQM), with my next flight not currently planned until early November. I will then cross the $7k SQD priority reward threshold in early December, so hoping to already be 50k.

Last edited by laner; Oct 6, 2022 at 9:22 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:56 am

Hi,

I am currently 25K, soon to be 35K and 50K.
I'm missing 6k SQM and 26$ SQD to become 35K.
My upcoming trip on Oct28th from Singapore to Montreal will put me at 35K.
Then a week later, Nov6th, my flights back to Singapore will bring me to 50K.

My question is will I get to chose early benefits at 35k (for example 5 e-upgrades) and then a week later when I become 50k select again new early benefits (and get an another 10 e-upgrades ?)

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:45 pm
HHG

My understanding is that there is early recognition regardless of the date and status level in 2022. I have just reached 25K, and I will reach 35K in November, then 50K in December. I look forward to my 35K early recognition as it might help me in my December travel.

"Early Recognition: Reach a higher Aeroplan Elite Status and you will be invited to choose your Select Benefits and enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year."
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by laner
Is there still an Oct 31 deadline for early qualification? On ac.com I just see the following, with no reference to a deadline
What the T&Cs actually say is "Aeroplan Members who reach a higher status level during the qualification year may be eligible for early recognition at a higher Elite Status level." In practice, they seem to have been giving it to anyone regardless of when they achieved it, but they've left themselves the opportunity to change it if they want. It's interesting that in the old days, they cut it off with two months left in the qualification year and four months left in the benefit year, and based on 2021, they were giving it even to people who were stepping up their status in the last week of the year.
zkzkz, laner and HHG like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
Guys, just a simple question here, i’m an SE this year, and will meet the SE requirement in November prior to year end.

What is the difference if i manage to surpass the SE threshold prior to oct 31 or after?

this year i selected bonus points and 12 months wifi, and will most likely pick the same one coming next year but it will be after November.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
Guys, just a simple question here, i’m an SE this year, and will meet the SE requirement in November prior to year end.

What is the difference if i manage to surpass the SE threshold prior to oct 31 or after?
Nothing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
If you're already the status you're qualifying for then there's no impact to "early recognition". It only comes into play if you're currently one level and will qualify for a higher level for next year. Early recognition means you get the higher level for the rest of this year too. For some of the benefits it makes a big difference to have a whole extra year's worth of them for this year even if you can only use them for a few months (though in practice I think there are fewer such benefits than there used to me). But you already got them this year because you qualified for status this year on the basis of your flying last year.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:22 am

Hi,

I am wondering if we earn SQD for accepted AC Bid upgrade?
let's say a 1000$ bid upgrade is accepted, will I get 1000SQD?

I am asking because in December I will be over 75K SQM. However, I will be 1000$ short of 9000K SQD required for Elite 75k.
So I'm considering doing an AC Bid upgrade for a Tokyo-Montreal flight to upgrade from Premium ECO to business.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.