Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
She still hasn't reached the threshold so I'm not sure what your question is.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I think it was just to make me feel better languishing for a week at 80K with $28 short of $9,000. But at least I resolved it before 31 Oct.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I reached the threshold, but the final miles flown to reach 35K were done on October 31.

anyone know if this qualifies for early recognition?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If they were FLOWN Oct 31, then no, it does not technically count.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If they were FLOWN Oct 31, then no, it does not technically count.
Thnx
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:23 pm

I'm a bit confused - I passed 25k miles on November 5th, I know this is a bit late for "Early Recognition" but my status is still showing as pending on the Altitude dashboard. Will it stay pending until the end of the year (as in I don't qualify for any benefits until then)?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Received my E50K package in the mail roughly two weeks after my status updated in the dashboard.

Was E35K at the beginning of the year and made E50K with early recognition. Was surprised to see 30 eupgrade credits deposited in my account. Do you normally get that many when hitting E50K?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SweFlyer
Received my E50K package in the mail roughly two weeks after my status updated in the dashboard.

Was E35K at the beginning of the year and made E50K with early recognition. Was surprised to see 30 eupgrade credits deposited in my account. Do you normally get that many when hitting E50K?
Did you happen to pass 60k? If so, it almost makes sense. If not, bank error in your favor. These things happen >0% of the time. Generally best to not say too much and definitely don't ask questions.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by kalpol
I'm a bit confused - I passed 25k miles on November 5th, I know this is a bit late for "Early Recognition" but my status is still showing as pending on the Altitude dashboard. Will it stay pending until the end of the year (as in I don't qualify for any benefits until then)?

Thanks
I would expect it to stay pending until the end of February when your status updates for the year. The early recognition dates are set, and AC will not make exceptions besides doing sweeps for those that had flights before the 31st.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:35 pm

Up-thread there are many accounts of people being swept in November in previous years. It's just one of those things where nobody's entitled to anything other than what was set out in the rules.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Up-thread there are many accounts of people being swept in November in previous years. It's just one of those things where nobody's entitled to anything other than what was set out in the rules.
Yes, this is true.

But the poster did not specify whether or not the flights that put him/her over 25,000 miles occurred in October and posted on November 5th, or flown on November 5th and not yet posted.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:42 pm

In the past, the cutoff was Oct 15, and flights flown after that date were credited and recognized early. I think the poster was clear that the flights were after Oct 31, but in previous years, late flights did get swept. At the same time, it's not something you can make happen, because it's officially too late.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
In the past, the cutoff was Oct 15, and flights flown after that date were credited and recognized early. I think the poster was clear that the flights were after Oct 31, but in previous years, late flights did get swept. At the same time, it's not something you can make happen, because it's officially too late.
Yes, I agree. A non-zero chance they push the poster to P25K, but also a non-zero chance they make him/her wait until next year.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Did you happen to pass 60k? If so, it almost makes sense. If not, bank error in your favor. These things happen >0% of the time. Generally best to not say too much and definitely don't ask questions.
I reached 58k so just below the 60k gift threshold.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SweFlyer
I reached 58k so just below the 60k gift threshold.
Then "go on, take your money and run"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.