Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

100% Air Canada Voucher - DEAD looking for info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Air Canada Voucher - DEAD looking for info

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
"Nasty Air Canada cancels vacations of impoverished customers who thought that free airline tickets were totally 100% legit and not at all obtained through fraudulent means. How dare they!"
Try this one, courtesy of ChatGPT...
Air Canada Faces Criticism Over Abrupt Cancellation of Booked Tickets
In a recent turn of events, Air Canada is under scrutiny for purportedly cancelling tickets that were purchased using a discount code the airline issued. Customers who thought they snagged a deal were left dismayed and frustrated as their bookings were abruptly revoked, sparking outrage among affected travelers.

Several individuals came forward, expressing their discontent after receiving notifications from Air Canada stating that their bookings made with the discount code were nullified due to unspecified reasons. The sudden cancellations have left many stranded without alternative arrangements and questioning the integrity of the airline's promotional offers.

One customer, who wished to remain anonymous, revealed, "I booked my flights with the discount code provided by Air Canada and was thrilled to secure affordable tickets. But receiving an email notifying me of the cancellation without any valid explanation was incredibly disappointing."

The lack of clarity surrounding the cancellations has raised concerns about transparency and accountability in Air Canada's promotional campaigns. Customers argue that the airline's actions have not only caused inconvenience but also breached the trust placed in the company.

In response to the allegations, Air Canada issued a brief statement acknowledging the cancellations but failed to provide specific reasons or address the grievances of affected passengers. The airline cited "unforeseen circumstances" as the cause behind the cancellations, further fueling frustration among customers seeking clarification.

This incident has triggered a wave of backlash on social media platforms, with affected individuals sharing their experiences and calling for accountability from Air Canada. Hashtags such as #AirCanadaCancellation and #CustomerTrustBetrayed have gained traction, with users urging the airline to rectify the situation promptly.

Amidst the uproar, consumer rights advocates have emphasized the importance of transparent communication and fair treatment of customers, especially concerning promotional offers and discounts. The alleged cancellation of tickets purchased with a valid discount code has raised questions about the airline's commitment to honoring its promotional commitments.

As the situation continues to unfold, affected passengers remain hopeful for a resolution from Air Canada that not only addresses their immediate concerns but also reassures customers about the reliability of the airline's promotional offers in the future.

CBC News reached out to Air Canada for further comment but has not received a response at the time of this publication. The airline is urged to address the grievances of affected customers and provide clarity regarding the cancellations to restore trust and uphold its commitment to customer satisfaction.
link2110 and C1ayton like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:14 am

Lol, this is wild! I am surprised the OP in reddit shared that code as I am sure it caused their own flight to get canceld as well. I would of booked 2 round trip 1 class flights from Vancouver to Bangkok and not said a word and seen what happens.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Is this a joke? Email customer service to ask them to replace a 100% off coupon that wasn’t meant to be shared and that AC canceled immediately after finding out it was being shared….
ahahahahaha

starting the new year off with a banger of a thread
Bokeem likes this.

Last edited by Smiley90; Jan 1, 2024 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:19 am

Preemptively cancelling the ticket is the least of concerns.

The worst is if they serve you papers saying you participated in activity you were not entitled to and then freeze/cancel your account or ban you from travelling.
You've seen airlines doing this with skiplagging and more recently Aeroplan revising their legal terms multiple times reserving the right to terminate "misrepresented" accounts.
newfbc, canadiancow and wjw like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Try this one, courtesy of ChatGPT...
Oh, come on. A legitimate CBC smear piece against Air Canada would also some angry quotes from Gabor Lukas.
m.y, canopus27, Adam Smith and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Preemptively cancelling the ticket is the least of concerns.

The worst is if they serve you papers saying you participated in activity you were not entitled to and then freeze/cancel your account or ban you from travelling.
This.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:36 am

Got feb 1 2024 tickets. If they cancel, hope they cancel after Jan 15. If I'm reading air passenger protection terms correctly and since this is within their control, I would be entitled to the compensation
SoroSuub1 and a1a1a1 like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:39 am

How dare they! Quick, somebody call the CBC!!!
Too late for that. Tickets were booked last night and flew this morning.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Oh, come on. A legitimate CBC smear piece against Air Canada would also some angry quotes from Gabor Lukas.
You're right... realized that after it was written and was too lazy to ask it to edit the piece
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by travelwidetravelfar
Got feb 1 2024 tickets. If they cancel, hope they cancel after Jan 15. If I'm reading air passenger protection terms correctly and since this is within their control, I would be entitled to the compensation
No you wouldn't.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:43 am

> No you wouldn't.

Why wouldn't you? It'll be within the 14 days or less window — and the Air Passenger Protection policy wouldn't care if this was with a coupon or not. For cancelled flights like this, you're entitled to the compensation.
SoroSuub1 likes this.

Last edited by travelwidetravelfar; Jan 1, 2024 at 11:43 am Reason: quoted
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:47 am

> No you wouldn't.

Why wouldn't you? It'll be within the 14 days or less window — and the Air Passenger Protection policy wouldn't care if this was with a coupon or not. For cancelled flights like this, you're entitled to the compensation.
I think he means to say AC will drag you through the wringer and you'll get it after 10 years of waiting for the CTA to review the 60,000 cases in front of yours...
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
> No you wouldn't.

Good luck with that.

At some point "reasonableness" comes into the equation and using a code that looks too good to be true and expecting no consequences is simply not reasonable.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:51 am

I think he means to say AC will drag you through the wringer and you'll get it after 10 years of waiting for the CTA to review the 60,000 cases in front of yours...
I don't even think their "automated tool" is smart enough to catch instances of this. Back last year, there were a bunch of flights being cancelled from New York. I booked another flight instantly after finding out my return flight was cancelled and that flight got cancelled. Ended up submitting a compensation request and ended up getting $1000 back.

Here's the steps that I would take if the did cancel within 14 days or less:

1. Go through AC's compensation tool to see if it's automation will accept it
2. Email AC to see, quoting the terms for Air Passenger Protection
3. Reaching out to CTA

Also, as a side step, I would look at my credit card's trip interruption policy and see if anything there would cover me monetarily (assuming I do book my hotels later)
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
AC has been coming down hard on people 'gaming the system' lately. Use of this code to book a $0 ticket is borderline fraud. This is going to be interesting.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.