Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: capedreamer
As of January 28, 2024
As of April 10, 2024
As of April 24, 2024
As of June 2, 2024 - yes, it's PATHETIC, but the good (?) news is that they are still being sent out.

Where's My Package?
For those who have come to this thread for information on receiving your 2024 packages in the mail, AC is still sending them out. Yes, consistently inconsistent, and competently incompetent.
There is no change in the design of the luggage tags or membership card. The only new item is a keychain card (see below for a picture).

Stop your whining about having physical cards
Just because YOU have NEVER been asked to furnish a physical card doesn't mean that nobody needs a physical card. Also, just because YOU can't think of a reason, doesn't mean that there is no reason. This has been an ongoing, pedantic, and incessant dialogue in this forum for years. If you've never been asked for your card, you probably haven't flown enough, especially on other *A airlines in other parts of the world. SO STOP IT.

The Great 75K Debacle of 2024 tl;dr (if you're rolling your eyes, relax; this is tongue in cheek)

For those who believe that they received a 75K package in error, here's the tl;dr version (this thread is a painful read, so read the entire thread if you're a masochist like me (yyznomad)):
  • Check your online account and the AC App - if it shows you're 75K even though you expected to reflect a lower status level, then 75K is yours for 2024!
  • Unofficial reports: AC acknowledging their mistake in sending out 75K packages to those who were 75K in 2023 but didn't requalify for 75K in 2024
  • Unofficial reports: AC confirming that they are allowing these mistake 75Ks to keep 75K status for 2024.
  • Those who fall in the above cohort have confirmed that their online status shows as 75K and were provided with 75K benefit selections, so although we haven't had any official proof from AC, the reported evidence is mounting...
  • Others have reported being lower than 75K in 2023 but still getting a bump to 75K for 2024. There may be other reasons for this that are not necessarily related to the aforementioned "mistake" 75K debacle:
    • For example, you may have been near the 75K threshold in at least one of the *QM categories in 2023, and AC gave you a freebie bump up (this would be status quo to prior years, so nothing new)
  • There are reports of account glitches where one gets to choose benefits twice and have "doubled up" on benefits, such as eUps. This may or may not be related to the aforementioned mistake 75K debacle.
  • Conjecture: Based on the anecdotal evidence so far, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that AC just gave more bump ups to 75K because they couldn't contain or fix the original mistake-75K issue properly.

2024 Keychain Card
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
They are just a keychain.

the backside of the keychain has
- Ones Aeroplan Number
- Expiry Month/Year
- First name initial and Last Name
- Barcode

*This photo is sponsored by the Inclusion for All 75K Advocacy Group 🤝

Print Wikipost

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Still no SE package in the SF Bay Area. Are there others also waiting, or should I reach out to AC?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
Another week gone by and still no 50K package at my house. Makes no sense why it is taking this long
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by pilot007
Still no SE package in the SF Bay Area. Are there others also waiting, or should I reach out to AC?
Originally Posted by daltimas
Another week gone by and still no 50K package at my house. Makes no sense why it is taking this long
Still waiting for SE package as well in YYC. Not a real issue except for possible lounge access issues requiring the physical card as reported elsewhere.

Mrs W received her 75k package early January. Now I'm thinking hers may have been one of those mailed in error eventhough she did requalify organically.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada 3MM, Best Western, Marriott
Originally Posted by Wigg
Still waiting for SE package as well in YYC. Not a real issue except for possible lounge access issues requiring the physical card as reported elsewhere.

Mrs W received her 75k package early January. Now I'm thinking hers may have been one of those mailed in error eventhough she did requalify organically.

Maybe I got your package? So far I have received 3 SE packages for 2024.
D404 and Wigg like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Still no 75K package in YXE. It's March already.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:49 am

Programs: Fully downgraded ACMMer
Originally Posted by Sveiks
I'm in the same situation as you and just received my package. No MM logo on my tags either.
Originally Posted by foothills county flier
I received a second package this week; this time with the MM logo. I have so many tags weighing down Mrs. Sveiks purse now, she's walking in circles.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
trying to see where this fits into the "five stages of grief" denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance

Cards? What cards? There is no problem. AC loyalty cards are digital only for 2024. Everyone on FT claiming to have received cards or posting photos must clearly be liars.

if we see anyone with a card/tag in an airport, should we smile and say "nice fake aeroplan card go back to zone 5"
billdokes likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:58 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by foothills county flier
Wow... that alot of tags on one bag
Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:51 am

Based on the 75K precedent, I'd be claiming two banked SE years.
billdokes and RatherBeInYOW like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:26 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Still no 2024 50K package, the funny thing is I got my 50K package about a week after qualifying last October, card expired 31/12/23 obviously.

Its the no rhyme or reason for anything that bugs me the most with this company.
pilot007, YOWgary and DrNest like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by YXEGeordie
Still no 75K package in YXE. It's March already.
Same situation here in YYZ. Additionally Mrs Nest is also still waiting for her 50K package from last November...
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Glad I'm not the only one still waiting for my 50K package...
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: AC 75K, BAEC Gold, NCC Plat, HHG
I'm also waiting for my 50k package. I was on the phone with Aeroplan on Friday regarding another matter and asked about the Elite packages, they said everyone should've gotten them by end of March.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:56 am

Just got my mail from Canada Post and no package here in YWG after being told by AC on chat that I would have it this month. Qualified early December - this is nuts.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
We've got two SEs in our household. One received a package about four weeks ago, the other one didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.