Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
As of January 28, 2024
As of April 10, 2024

Where's My Package?
For those who have come to this thread for information on receiving your 2024 packages in the mail, AC is still sending them out. Yes, consistently inconsistent, and competently incompetent.
There is no change in the design of the luggage tags or membership card. The only new item is a keychain card (see below for a picture).

Stop your whining about having physical cards
Just because YOU have NEVER been asked to furnish a physical card doesn't mean that nobody needs a physical card. Also, just because YOU can't think of a reason, doesn't mean that there is no reason. This has been an ongoing, pedantic, and incessant dialogue in this forum for years. If you've never been asked for your card, you probably haven't flown enough, especially on other *A airlines in other parts of the world. SO STOP IT.

The Great 75K Debacle of 2024 tl;dr (if you're rolling your eyes, relax; this is tongue in cheek)

For those who believe that they received a 75K package in error, here's the tl;dr version (this thread is a painful read, so read the entire thread if you're a masochist like me (yyznomad)):
  • Check your online account and the AC App - if it shows you're 75K even though you expected to reflect a lower status level, then 75K is yours for 2024!
  • Unofficial reports: AC acknowledging their mistake in sending out 75K packages to those who were 75K in 2023 but didn't requalify for 75K in 2024
  • Unofficial reports: AC confirming that they are allowing these mistake 75Ks to keep 75K status for 2024.
  • Those who fall in the above cohort have confirmed that their online status shows as 75K and were provided with 75K benefit selections, so although we haven't had any official proof from AC, the reported evidence is mounting...
  • Others have reported being lower than 75K in 2023 but still getting a bump to 75K for 2024. There may be other reasons for this that are not necessarily related to the aforementioned "mistake" 75K debacle:
    • For example, you may have been near the 75K threshold in at least one of the *QM categories in 2023, and AC gave you a freebie bump up (this would be status quo to prior years, so nothing new)
  • There are reports of account glitches where one gets to choose benefits twice and have "doubled up" on benefits, such as eUps. This may or may not be related to the aforementioned mistake 75K debacle.
  • Conjecture: Based on the anecdotal evidence so far, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that AC just gave more bump ups to 75K because they couldn't contain or fix the original mistake-75K issue properly.

2024 Keychain Card
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
They are just a keychain.

the backside of the keychain has
- One’s Aeroplan Number
- Expiry Month/Year
- First name initial and Last Name
- Barcode

*This photo is sponsored by the ‘Inclusion for All 75K’ Advocacy Group 🤝

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

MrsITAG just received her SE package in the mail today. She won't let me open it, and is off to see a neighbor.

Will report once I have details.

She requalifed about two weeks before me. I have not received one yet.
warpdryv likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Got mine today.

Nothing special. Two bag tags, two wire cables, wallet card, and a (new for this year!) smaller keychain card with name, Aeroplan number, expiry and barcode of bin/ap number.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Got mine today.

Nothing special. Two bag tags, two wire cables, wallet card, and a (new for this year!) smaller keychain card with name, Aeroplan number, expiry and barcode of bin/ap number.
Any changes to the Baggage tag design from 2023?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Got mine today as well.

Of note is the letter that comes with it that outlines the benefits of SE for 2024. Noticed no change from this year.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by james dean
Any changes to the Baggage tag design from 2023?
Wallet card: obverse is identical. Reverse is black text on white background (as is the keytag)

Bag tags, same as last year.
james dean likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE
I got mine too. It's nicely packaged up and all feels quite premium.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:57 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Mine arrived today, like the new keyring size version of the card!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MB Gold, ALL Gold, Hilton Gold
Mine arrived yesterday too
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Won't be getting anything this year.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
just qualified Dec 10th. was hoping for a set of 2023 tags and then a set of 2024 tags. is it too late in the year for 2023 tags?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by warpdryv
just qualified Dec 10th. was hoping for a set of 2023 tags and then a set of 2024 tags. is it too late in the year for 2023 tags?
2023 blanks are having drinks with Atari ET cartridges.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I got 75K welcome package for 2024 today but don't think I requalified. I had a segment run planned next week to get me to 50k. I'm on hold with Aeroplan to confirm if I requalified some other way...
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Diamond
Just check on the app. The electronic version of the card would have the 2024 expiration date if you have requalified.
billdokes likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by *Fan
I got 75K welcome package for 2024 today but don't think I requalified. I had a segment run planned next week to get me to 50k. I'm on hold with Aeroplan to confirm if I requalified some other way...
You well might have missed several marketing emails and made entirely organic levels of Black card purchases over the Sept - Nov range.
billdokes likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by *Fan
Did you get a response from Aeroplan?
Rujbkk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.