Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
I just went in Oct 2022 on this route. On a 789. I believe YYZ uses the 777.
I took the YUL-ATH route twice in Sep 2022 and it was the slave ship 777 450-seater. I believe the YUL route changed to 789 after Oct 2022.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Will lie-flat ever return to YVR-Hawaii? I’m so sick and tired of the 737s…
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by msp3
Will lie-flat ever return to YVR-Hawaii? I’m so sick and tired of the 737s…
I think a lot of routes and aircraft are up in the air right now as airlines try to rebound from their massive covid cuts.

They still use the Dreamliner from YYZ to OGG every Saturday if you don’t mind backtracking to avoid the Max. Otherwise we will just have to wait and see what the next couple timetables have in store
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: TK *G
AC has been deploying aircrafts quite differently now comparing to pre Covid days. For example, wide body aircrafts are now often deployed to southern US and sun destinations, where they were pretty much exclusively served by narrow body aircrafts before. One would think Hawaii should have gotten these wide body aircrafts instead, since it’s a more premium destination than the sun destinations. I am not quite sure on the reasoning behind, so I really don’t have much to offer unfortunately.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I'm in HNL now and we came on a 737. A little over 6 hour flight YVR to HNL. Considering westjet next year when we come back as other guests said they fly a dreamliner YYC DCT HNL.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by songsc
One would think Hawaii should have gotten these wide body aircrafts instead, since it’s a more premium destination than the sun destinations. I am not quite sure on the reasoning behind, so I really don’t have much to offer unfortunately.
Lots of different reasons why [aircraft type] might get assigned to [route].

If [5-hour Route A] has consistent demand of 250 pax /day, plus some heavy cargo, and [5-hour Route B] has less of either or both of those things, that alone might determine which route gets the 788 and which gets the 7M8.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Lots of different reasons why [aircraft type] might get assigned to [route].

If [5-hour Route A] has consistent demand of 250 pax /day, plus some heavy cargo, and [5-hour Route B] has less of either or both of those things, that alone might determine which route gets the 788 and which gets the 7M8.
That, and also AC might hate OP personally.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
YYC-FRA has been downgauged from a 789 to a 788 from what I can see for May, 2023.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by songsc
AC has been deploying aircrafts quite differently now comparing to pre Covid days. For example, wide body aircrafts are now often deployed to southern US and sun destinations, where they were pretty much exclusively served by narrow body aircrafts before. One would think Hawaii should have gotten these wide body aircrafts instead, since it’s a more premium destination than the sun destinations. I am not quite sure on the reasoning behind, so I really don’t have much to offer unfortunately.
Hawaii is not a premium destination. Take a look at fares to Hawaii and the distance/time flown on those routes, then look at what AC charges for other routes of similar length. Same in the US. Regardless of what you pay for your vacation condo or the hotel in Waikiki, it's not a premium airfare market.

Originally Posted by boomerfss
I'm in HNL now and we came on a 737. A little over 6 hour flight YVR to HNL. Considering westjet next year when we come back as other guests said they fly a dreamliner YYC DCT HNL.
I'm pretty sure the runway at DCT can't handle any aircraft that would fly from YYC to there or from there to HNL. Nor do I think there would be demand for such a route.
YOWgary and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm pretty sure the runway at DCT can't handle any aircraft that would fly from YYC to there or from there to HNL. Nor do I think there would be demand for such a route.
Yeah, DCT-HNL would be a... haul.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Hawaii is not a premium destination. Take a look at fares to Hawaii and the distance/time flown on those routes, then look at what AC charges for other routes of similar length. Same in the US. Regardless of what you pay for your vacation condo or the hotel in Waikiki, it's not a premium airfare market.
Hawaii seems to be a great mileage run market which probably says a lot about its demand and supply ...
Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: hahaha
I think the widebody YEG-YYZ flights that were spotted late last year for Feb 2023 were swapped from a 333 to 789

will be glad to book it still, despite the seat
Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by asovse1
I think the widebody YEG-YYZ flights that were spotted late last year for Feb 2023 were swapped from a 333 to 789

will be glad to book it still, despite the seat
I prefer 789 Pods over 333. This is great because it will give me more routing options if the direct YVR and YYZ J space becomes unavailable.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I prefer 789 Pods over 333. This is great because it will give me more routing options if the direct YVR and YYZ J space becomes unavailable.
Wonder if they will swap these out if the loads are low.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: hahaha
was boarding yeg-sfo this morning and due to congestion on the jetbridge i made conversation with the concierge who had lost sight of her super elite somewhere ahead of me

we talked about the yyc-sfo route cancellation (and other yyc cancels) and she mentioned that Jazz was looking to consolidate in yeg anyway, executing plans laid before covid, apparently

usually i wouldn't really post speculation like this but the word "consolidation" leapt out and i hope it goes ahead in the coming year

obviously baseless speculation, but it gives me a bit of hope for yeg
BML87 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.