Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Duplicate
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:58 pm
koi

Originally Posted by moondog
It's not a connection. You can't buy tickets to/from Korea on those flights. The planes simply stop there for about 75 minutes.

The existing frequencues will not be "net new" when they remove the ICN stop.

​​​​
​​​​​
Sorry just to clarify when AC puts f direct flight, I'm assuming they're also going to announce increase in the frequency vs 2xweek right now. Will that increase be considered "net new" thus only available in months after the announcement or just change in schedule. Just asking how AC usually treats these changes, I know none of us probably know what exactly is going to change
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by koi
Sorry just to clarify when AC puts f direct flight, I'm assuming they're also going to announce increase in the frequency vs 2xweek right now. Will that increase be considered "net new" thus only available in months after the announcement or just change in schedule
When AC 27 goes from 2x to 7x per week, that will be five new frequencies.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone know if and when TPE flights will resume? Currently the non-stops from YYZ and YVR are on EVA even though AC sells the tickets. Any AC metal will require a connection in ICN or NRT.
Nitehawk, m.y, BML87 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Im not seeing any AC direct to CPH from YYZ on Google flights from Jan 14 to March 27. Is this a common thing? I'm not sure if saw any news or reasoning for this. Always figured CPH was a regular route
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: UA MM
Just got hit with a schedule change for September ( CLE - YYZ - DUB ). Afternoon CLE-YYZ flight has been moved to the morning, creating a 10 hour layover at YYZ. The MLL isn't that good.

Question: Might this just be Step 1 in rearangement of flight times? I ask because it always seemed half the people traveling on the CLE-YYZ and YYZ-CLE flights were connecting onto or from TATL flights and with the second (last) CLE departure at 10:10 AM now, it's a mostly worthless flight for a high percentage of people who fly the route. I can just get the refund now or wait it out to see if the flight is added back in with the risk of having to scramble around later for two PE tickets. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Just got hit with a schedule change for September ( CLE - YYZ - DUB ). Afternoon CLE-YYZ flight has been moved to the morning, creating a 10 hour layover at YYZ. The MLL isn't that good.

Question: Might this just be Step 1 in rearangement of flight times? I ask because it always seemed half the people traveling on the CLE-YYZ and YYZ-CLE flights were connecting onto or from TATL flights and with the second (last) CLE departure at 10:10 AM now, it's a mostly worthless flight for a high percentage of people who fly the route. I can just get the refund now or wait it out to see if the flight is added back in with the risk of having to scramble around later for two PE tickets. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't trust any schedules that far ahead. A flight could be added back in, or it might not. I would watch for a good deal on another airline, but wait until you find one before cancelling your AC flights. If AC revises the schedule to something more acceptable before you cancel, then you can stay with AC.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:31 am

anyone notice that majority of the 787 options on the YYZ - YVR route are gone in the end of May? curious what is going on as the only option for lie flat is a 777.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by moondog
When did you last check? Including myself, I know eight people who have flown AC 27/28 since last May.
It looks like AC27/28 are gone now. I had been keeping an eye on this flight hoping for a PVG-YYZ-CLE routing, but now all itineraries are routing through YVR, and they're... not so pleasant.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by sxc234
anyone notice that majority of the 787 options on the YYZ - YVR route are gone in the end of May? curious what is going on as the only option for lie flat is a 777.
Yikes! If they re-position those aircraft for longer haul flights that means we might be stuck with the 7M8 on that route. Hopefully not and they use the A220s instead. It seems that widebodies domestically these days is a treat to hubs like YVR and YYC.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Yikes! If they re-position those aircraft for longer haul flights that means we might be stuck with the 7M8 on that route. Hopefully not and they use the A220s instead. It seems that widebodies domestically these days is a treat to hubs like YVR and YYC.
I check my June schedule and see a healthy mix of 777, 787, and 333s in domestic transcon.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by navarre007
It looks like AC27/28 are gone now. I had been keeping an eye on this flight hoping for a PVG-YYZ-CLE routing, but now all itineraries are routing through YVR, and they're... not so pleasant.
Today's 28 just left Shanghai so it's not gone quite yet. However, I'm also seeing YVR only going forward. Iirc, AC was running YYZ and YVR 2x per week each (with icn stops). Now, it looks like 25/26 is 4x per week nonstop. I wouldn't put too much stock in this new schedule quite yet. I believe AC has applied to have its former slots reinstated, and relevant paperwork is still moving through the bureaucracy.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
I'm seeing AC899 ATH-YUL in October (I'm booked on it). How long has it been since AC flew this route non-stop?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
I'm seeing AC899 ATH-YUL in October (I'm booked on it). How long has it been since AC flew this route non-stop?
I just went in Oct 2022 on this route. On a 789. I believe YYZ uses the 777.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
It was one of the launch routes with rouge, which was 2012. Can’t recall if it went to mainline before or after the 767s were removed from the fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.