Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I am curious as to why they dropped YYZ-DOH? It seemed like it should be a successful ME route alongside DXB.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29...ds-doha-route/
If this leads to QR eventually picking up the route it's a win in my book.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
If this leads to QR eventually picking up the route it's a win in my book.
I would LOVE a YYZ-DOH route on QR especially if its Q-suites. Highly doubt it since their gate slops are controlled and its limited across the country.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I would LOVE a YYZ-DOH route on QR especially if its Q-suites. Highly doubt it since their gate slops are controlled and its limited across the country.
This past October two of us flew YUL-DOH on QR in Q-Suites and it has been the best flight of my life. What a level of service, did not want to sleep as to enjoy the service and amenities. We both flew back in J on AC and it was just not the same.

DXB has been a popular route AC and so had DOH, love to know what the commercial reason is?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr

DXB has been a popular route AC and so had DOH, love to know what the commercial reason is?
QR essentially had a capacity purchase agreement with AC in this route where they bought a portion of the seats from AC to sell on their own (I.e. even if they sold nothing AC was still getting paid. These seats were not available for AC to sell themselves.).

If this is being terminated then the route could be less viable. And with AC and EK being closer now that likely implicated the relationship with QR.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by D582
QR essentially had a capacity purchase agreement with AC in this route where they bought a portion of the seats from AC to sell on their own (I.e. even if they sold nothing AC was still getting paid. These seats were not available for AC to sell themselves.).

If this is being terminated then the route could be less viable. And with AC and EK being closer now that likely implicated the relationship with QR.
As there was virtually no terminating YYZ-DOH traffic my guess is that with stepped up frequency with EK and increased frequency and a larger aircraft on AC, the commercial agreement with EK superseded that of QR and connection traffic now being concentrated on DXB.
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
YVR - DEL back?

I notice YVR to DEL on AC will be back this Oct. The tickets appear to be bookable. Is this a sign AC believes it can use Russian airspace by then? Or it will just dump all those ticketed pax to AI if that will not happen by then?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I notice YVR to DEL on AC will be back this Oct. The tickets appear to be bookable. Is this a sign AC believes it can use Russian airspace by then? Or it will just dump all those ticketed pax to AI if that will not happen by then?
They are speculating they can offer some type of service. Very easily they can introduce a stop or simply change their mind and cancel the route.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
This past October two of us flew YUL-DOH on QR in Q-Suites and it has been the best flight of my life. What a level of service, did not want to sleep as to enjoy the service and amenities. We both flew back in J on AC and it was just not the same.
I second this. I did YUL-DOH-MEL and back MEL-DOH-YYZ, with the first three segments on QR in Q-suites and the last segment in AC J. It was just a massive comedown.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:41 am

Feel free to book if you're prepared to accept the schedule/routing changes.
AC has a YYZ-DEL flight. I think most passengers would be accommodated there.
I don't see Russian airspace being opened to Western airlines until a year after the Ukraine issue is settled.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Feel free to book if you're prepared to accept the schedule/routing changes.
AC has a YYZ-DEL flight. I think most passengers would be accommodated there.
I don't see Russian airspace being opened to Western airlines until a year after the Ukraine issue is settled.
YYZ-DEL has already involved a layover. Not sounds reasonable to me for taking a three-leg, easily 24 hr+ journey. At that point I may opt to flying CA or AI instead.

I agree with you the Russian airspace issue will not be resolved anytime soon.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:19 pm

YYZ-DEL is nonstop.
Both ways.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...755Z/VIDP/CYYZ
Old Jan 8, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
YYZ-DEL had a stop when it was flown by a 787-9. Once they switched it to a 777 it was able to do it without a stop. Presumably they’re going to stick with the 777 for the foreseeable future.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
When do you all expect flights between Vancouver and Beijing to resume? AC's timetable shows once-weekly starting late March, but they don't seem to be selling any. Via PVG, it's $5,000 - $6,000 RT in Y.

I am looking for either March/April, or alternatively August to Mrs. bambino's hometown, SHE (Shenyang). At the moment I am leaning toward separate itineraries: YVR - ICN and ICN - SHE. That's around $1,600 per person in the spring and a little more in summer.

Any thoughts if these price points can be beat if and when flights to China resume on a relatively normal schedule?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by bambinomartino
When do you all expect flights between Vancouver and Beijing to resume? AC's timetable shows once-weekly starting late March, but they don't seem to be selling any. Via PVG, it's $5,000 - $6,000 RT in Y.

I am looking for either March/April, or alternatively August to Mrs. bambino's hometown, SHE (Shenyang). At the moment I am leaning toward separate itineraries: YVR - ICN and ICN - SHE. That's around $1,600 per person in the spring and a little more in summer.

Any thoughts if these price points can be beat if and when flights to China resume on a relatively normal schedule?
AC nonstop flight from YVR to PEK can be booked at about 690 one way. This is much more practical than the YVR-DEL nonstop I mentioned above.
bambinomartino likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
AC nonstop flight from YVR to PEK can be booked at about 690 one way. This is much more practical than the YVR-DEL nonstop I mentioned above.
I am not seeing them. What dates, for example? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.