Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-9 (789) seating questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing 787-9 (789) seating questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:01 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Business class seat

B787-9 which one 1A or 8A, thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
8A

1a does not have overhead bin storage and with 8a, you get off the plane first.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by yeeg
1a does not have overhead bin storage and with 8a, you get off the plane first.
You usually get off with 8a first...sometimes forward door is first to open/only to open and then you need to wait a little
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
1A galley noise bothers me. One redeye to DUB they did a swap and put me in 1A day of flight and the flight attendants were laughing and talking at the top of their lungs all night. I asked the SD if they could quiet down as the entire J cabin was sleeping but YMMV depending on crew.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:41 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for your replies. Have gone with 8A, even though I will probably be last to be served meals. It is a daytime flight from FRA to YVR so doubt I will sleeping that much.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
AC B789 bulkhead - enough to fully stretch legs?

I haven't flown AC B789 for a while since I've been avoiding AC for int'l trips. I have an ICN-YYZ leg (Y fare) later this year and I've been debating if I should get the free bulkhead (18A, C, or D) or just stick to regular middle aisle. I am 5'11 but have relatively long legs. For me, the most important thing is that I can stretch my legs and keep them fully straight. I don't care much for "knee" rooms.
I've checked seatguru and googled a bunch of youtube videos. It seems the bulkhead position is fairly close to the seat. 18C seems to have most leg room since the PE seat only covers the front partially - but I can see why people complain about the service cart bumping into the seat. How about 18A and D?
Appreciate your insight.

Last edited by ericw; Jun 26, 2022 at 10:46 am
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ericw
I haven't flown AC B789 for a while since I've been avoiding AC for int'l trips. I have an ICN-YYZ leg (Y fare) later this year and I've been debating if I should get the free bulkhead (18A, C, or D) or just stick to regular middle aisle. I am 5'11 but have relatively long legs. For me, the most important thing is that I can stretch my legs and keep them fully straight. I don't care much for "knee" rooms.
I've checked seatguru and googled a bunch of youtube videos. It seems the bulkhead position is fairly close to the seat. 18C seems to have most leg room since the PE seat only covers the front partially - but I can see why people complain about the service cart bumping into the seat. How about 18A and D?
Appreciate your insight.
The 789 economy bulkhead rows (18) are not terrible ... but not great either. If you're tall, you're unlikely to be able to stretch your legs out.

There are lots of pictures in this thread.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 23, 2022 at 11:35 am Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:01 am

I have long legs and find row 18 more uncomfortable than a regular row because I can't slide my feet forward. Row 31 A-C and H-K are by far the best seats in Y.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
ericw, saw your other thread, but its probably better if I replied here.

I don't have a close-up on 18A/B/C, but I do have a 18H/J/K

And also a 18D/E/G

Personally I would be more concerned if anyone would be in the middle seat next to you rather than which bulkhead is better.
But thats just me...
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

And also a 18D/E/G

Personally I would be more concerned if anyone would be in the middle seat next to you rather than which bulkhead is better.
But thats just me...
Amazing. Thanks. I think I will go for 18C then.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

And also a 18D/E/G

But thats just me...
Ive never sat in Y for this plane but is there no ife on the bulkhead like the narrow bodies or does it come out of the armrest? Legroom looks not too bad to me.

also why is 31 exit row better than bulkhead? More legroom?

thanks! Heading to Europe and wait listed for PY but have a choice between 18A/C and 31A/C. I thought sitting near front of Y in 18 A/C better and just behind PY for less washroom traffic

Last edited by SKYEG; Jul 24, 2022 at 10:59 pm
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Ive never sat in Y for this plane but is there no ife on the bulkhead like the narrow bodies or does it come out of the armrest? Legroom looks not too bad to me.

also why is 31 exit row better than bulkhead? More legroom?

thanks! Heading to Europe and wait listed for PY but have a choice between 18A/C and 31A/C. I thought sitting near front of Y in 18 A/C better and just behind PY for less washroom traffic
SKYEG, IFE comes out of the armrest from the front side.

Row 18H/J/K IFE

Luckily I also have a 31A/B/C photo

I think 18 vs. 31 comes down to a couple things.

18 wins on
- An Actual window
- Less likelihood of the person at the aisle seat getting bumped by others walking by
- More Bin Space
- Get off the plane faster

31 wins on
- More legroom (debatable for the window person since it cuts out ever so slightly)
- Shorter distance to the lavatory, for those with small bladder.
- For the single folks that want to see to a FA during takeoff/landing, satisfaction not guaranteed
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:14 am

SKYEG, IFE comes out of the armrest from the front side.

I think 18 vs. 31 comes down to a couple things.

18 wins on
- An Actual window
- Less likelihood of the person at the aisle seat getting bumped by others walking by
- More Bin Space
- Get off the plane faster

31 wins on
- More legroom (debatable for the window person since it cuts out ever so slightly)
- Shorter distance to the lavatory, for those with small bladder.
- For the single folks that want to see to a FA during takeoff/landing, satisfaction not guaranteed
Hahaha lol SHF you are a legend. Thanks for the detailed info!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hahaha lol SHF you are a legend. Thanks for the detailed info!
BAHAHA, me a legend? LOL
I can already foresee quite a few of the Honourable members of this Chamber/Forum being rather harpy at that comment

And, 18 also wins on shoulder space too since you have that extra 0.5 inches the window person can lean towards.

For a short person, 18 wins for sure.
The taller you are, the likelier 31 becomes more promising to the person vs. 18.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:44 am

BAHAHA, me a legend? LOL
I can already foresee quite a few of the Honourable members of this Chamber/Forum being rather harpy at that comment

And, 18 also wins on shoulder space too since you have that extra 0.5 inches the window person can lean towards.

For a short person, 18 wins for sure.
The taller you are, the likelier 31 becomes more promising to the person vs. 18.
True FT legend still helping people like me after all these years appreciate it man! Countless sleepless nights reading through all your TRs lol.

I took 18A both ways based on your advice.. new +1 is an FA and isnt as easy going as the last one so Ill stay away from 31C to avoid getting myself in trouble

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.